What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

loosehead 1998 article: The Worst St George team of all time"

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Were they impressed with her at all?
CC

My interest is piqued by your guess that I was referring to a “female” I once knew,

Anywho....

The response provided by her date was “she is immature and wears too much makeup”.

With hindsight, this criticism made me laugh for months on end.

gregstar

Referee
Regardless of how gumby-like the 87-90 team was, they at least put in an effort. They at least lifted against better teams.

Given the talent within the recent season's side, that effort against the bulldogs at Kogarah in the last round was the most disgraceful performance I've seen in over 40 years. In one single match, they completely erased the late 80's in 80 minutes of appallingly inept rugby league. Playing for a home final, playing in front of a home crowd, playing to send Nightingale off as a winner, playing against a bottom 2 or 3 side with nothing to play for, they put in an effort that not only butchered these motivations, they dished up a record breaking loss. Something the gomers in the mid-80's never did.

The performance even eradicated supercoach Price's lamentable tenure as head downie.

I won't accept ever again the miserable years of the late 80's being the nadir of this club. Don't let the semi against the drongos mask the facts. This team under Jowls needs a real blowtorch up the clapppa to remind them of which club they represent & what it means. And if the last round of the season (which will grate on me for ever} is an indication of the future of the club as represented on ovals across the competition, I'd soon have the entire roster sacked and the Newcastle spoon sides represent us because at least they f*cking tried.

I'm still dirty at the c**nts & they should be f*cking ashamed of themselves.

st penguin

Juniors
Peter Gill even made the Dream Team when he played in the UK for a few years
Looking at the years he played for us, a tough gig with the Dragons finishing most seasons with around 8 to 9 wins only
From 1985 making the GF and having a great team....to 1986 -1991 having a poor team, we sure do know how to go from good to bad, 1986 to 1991 was as bad, if not worse than 2012-2017

Peter Gill was also the Panasonic Cup man of the series in 1988 - ease off Peter Gill people.