What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

nomarg

Yeah I agree it looks positive, but until he's signed on the line I wont be holding my breath.

It's just too weird. We're Tigers. We never get the cookies... And we never go after blokes with any kind of profile - not publicly anyway. I'm a little out of my comfort zone...

Well Teflon did say they have changed their recruitment statergy to at least one International or origin player each year.....

Bench
Don't worry, we still have to re-sign Marshall before the end of the season. The King can always use him as our annual "international" signing... (Just don't let it bother you that it's a signing for 2011 and not 2010)
I am pretty sure Benji is signed to the end of 2011.

N.C.

Juniors
I am pretty sure Benji is signed to the end of 2011.
Yeah of course, you're right. It was a two year deal, done at the beginning of this season... But he was already on the books for '09... I'll breathe a sigh of relief for a minute and keep my fingers crossed for another injury free season.

nomarg

God I hope this does not end up a long drawn out affair- remember Marshalls' will he / wont he and the weeks & months of headlines leading up to a decision?

Then again if he doesnt sign there goes Teflon's 1 x international / SOO standard player signing for each of 3 years.

2009 Ellis (magnificent signing there guys)
2010 ??? (not looking good, if any)
2011 ???

2010 Cayless- Lote-
2011 Thurston?:D

N.C.

Juniors
NOOOOooooooo.......

A cat with his head far too firmly up his own arse.

Next you'll be saying you wanted Jarryd Hayne...

DanOz

Juniors
2010 Cayless- Lote-

I wouldn't want Thurston, his best years are behind him but his asking price would not reflect it, and we'd have to let too many players go in their prime to get him.

Juniors
2010 Cayless- Lote-

There is no single player i hate more than Thurston, whinning, bitching crying little girl who believes he is Gods gift to humanity, however im sure seeing him in a tigers jersey would prove to be love at first site.

nomarg

There is no single player i hate more than Thurston, whinning, bitching crying little girl who believes he is Gods gift to humanity, however im sure seeing him in a tigers jersey would prove to be love at first site.

Probably never happen- but he would look good in a tigers jersey....any rep 7 would....Wallace would fit in well with our structure IMO....

Bench
2010 Cayless- Lote-
If Sheens gives Arana a fair crack in the halves with Benji,we will not need Thurston,we will have our own version already on the books.

nomarg

If Sheens gives Arana a fair crack in the halves with Benji,we will not need Thurston,we will have our own version already on the books.

True- looking good for the tigers- Juniors coming thru, if we get Lote we have comp for places Lima would be great, but if not Skando can always be on stanby to cover injuries.....aslo think Gibbs and galloway will benefit massively from cayless and Folkes......

If we can find a goal kicker we are sweet...

DanOz

Juniors
True- looking good for the tigers- Juniors coming thru, if we get Lote we have comp for places Lima would be great, but if not Skando can always be on stanby to cover injuries.....aslo think Gibbs and galloway will benefit massively from cayless and Folkes......

If we can find a goal kicker we are sweet...

I haven't seen him but Flanagan is apparently a kicker. Dont know how good he is, or if he plays 80 mins to be on the field all game to kick

nomarg

I haven't seen him but Flanagan is apparently a kicker. Dont know how good he is, or if he plays 80 mins to be on the field all game to kick

Supposedly is a work horse and makes 50 odd tackles a game ( according to this forum)....not sure if he will get 80 mins a game next year....benji just needs to lift the kicking another 10 percent....maybe the offseason will be spent with El Magic.....Was benji a Junior kicker....not a bad first year if he wasn't but we can't afford another conversion rate like that....

Bench
Supposedly is a work horse and makes 50 odd tackles a game ( according to this forum)....not sure if he will get 80 mins a game next year....benji just needs to lift the kicking another 10 percent....maybe the offseason will be spent with El Magic.....Was benji a Junior kicker....not a bad first year if he wasn't but we can't afford another conversion rate like that....
He needs to bulk up a bit,would be good at lock,hits hard,great technique,and a real worker.Once he finds his feet and the pace of the game,he will be good.
Never seen him kick though,but the sky commentators said he could.

MacDougall

First Grade
You guys won't be worrying next year. I've no doubt we'll be a very, very strong contender and the difference goal kicking makes will be for a very large part, moot.

And the reasons?

Jason Cayless and Arana Taumata. Taumata is our new 7, I've no doubt and Cayless is enough (even withstanding the potential Lima signing) of an addition to our pigs to cater. Especially considering the likes of Schirnack, Gower and Fifita standing up to be counted.

Even this with just the addition of the two aforementioned players, is a top four team imo.

1. Moltzen, 2. Tuiaki, 3. Lawrence, 4. Ayshford, 5. Ryan, 6. Marshall, 7. Taumata, 8. Cayless, 9. Farah, 10. Galloway, 11. Ellis, 12. Heighington, 13. Payten

14. Hanbury, 15. Gibbs, 16. Schirnack, 17. Mataka whatev.