What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And we all should have an answer by this arvo whether Lote is going to be wearing a Tigers jersey next year.... Fingers crossed.....
The longer this sh*t is dragged out, I fear the higher his price becomes and the more determined we'll be to sign him, at the expense of 2 good forwards, who I believe we need more than a slow, old rugby union player.

DanOz

Juniors
The longer this sh*t is dragged out, I fear the higher his price becomes and the more determined we'll be to sign him, at the expense of 2 good forwards, who I believe we need more than a slow, old rugby union player.

My thoughts exactly - can't see Lote making as much difference to our team as a beefed up engine room. Hope he proves me wrong.

N.C.

Juniors
We probably signed those blokes months ago, just held off with the announcement. There've been plenty of rumours and guess-work going around, even about Fitzy... Still, maybe the flood of announcements is a softener for the killer blow - "we thought we hd him..."?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I dont care one way or the other with Taquiri. I'm probably more anti signing than pro signing. I reckon he'd be overpriced, huge ego to manage, troublesome with authority and I'd always be suspicious of the 'better offer' being waved in front of his face attracting him elsewhere.

hutch

First Grade
he would make up his contract money in publicity, ticket sales and merchandise sales though i think. i would prefer another quality front rower, but i am still keen to see tuquri in a tigers jersey, just not for too much cash!

he would make up his contract money in publicity, ticket sales and merchandise sales though i think. i would prefer another quality front rower, but i am still keen to see tuquri in a tigers jersey, just not for too much cash!

The word is it will be $300k per year for 2 years.... I would say it would be worth every cent, considering the revenue he would bring to the club if he gets into form..

Leicester Tigers linked with Lote Tuqiri and Ollie Smith

Leicester Tigers are staying tight-lipped over reports linking them with ex-Australia winger Lote Tuqiri and their former centre Ollie Smith.
Tigers, who have been ravaged by injuries, are said to be on the verge of agreeing a six-month deal with World Cup star Tuqiri, who was sacked by the Wallabies.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....lie-Smith/article-1428483-detail/article.html

MacDougall

First Grade
They are remaining tight lipped because it was very obviously someone misunderstanding the WT for the LT and they are going to ride this international publicity for all it's worth.

TiggaPlease

They are remaining tight lipped because it was very obviously someone misunderstanding the WT for the LT and they are going to ride this international publicity for all it's worth.

Just likes when easts brisbane signed Arana Taumata and the media assumed it was our Tigers, not them.

nomarg

If Lote signs with the Leicester tigers as reported, it would be only for the remainder of the season- 08/05/2010.

Supp- we are going to sign him , and allow him to play the season in union. He would be available for WT from round 10.

This has to be a win win for everyone. Lote gets massive $$ union- , and match fitness, and returns around origin time, likely we may have the odd injury and possibly Lawrence out for SOO....

Not saying he would walk right into the starting side, after so long out and having to compete with the likes of Fitzy :D

DanOz

Juniors
The NRL have said they won't register a contract that allows a player to play union within the timeframe he has signed for - same as with Benji.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
If Lote signs with the Leicester tigers as reported, it would be only for the remainder of the season- 08/05/2010.

Supp- we are going to sign him , and allow him to play the season in union. He would be available for WT from round 10.

This has to be a win win for everyone. Lote gets massive $$ union- , and match fitness, and returns around origin time, likely we may have the odd injury and possibly Lawrence out for SOO....

Not saying he would walk right into the starting side, after so long out and having to compete with the likes of Fitzy :D

Win win for everyone except maybe the person playing fullback for the first 10 games or so. I reckon the potential disruption just isnt worth it- either he wants to play and is available from game 1, or if he wants to chase the almighty dollar go elsewhere.

stompin

Juniors
Win win for everyone except maybe the person playing fullback for the first 10 games or so. I reckon the potential disruption just isnt worth it- either he wants to play and is available from game 1, or if he wants to chase the almighty dollar go elsewhere.

100% Agreed. Could not have been said better.

Its dragging on too long, I say we up the offer for Lima and Strengthen our forwards. Farah is already damaging - imagine what he could do behind Lima, Galloway and Cayless. People would fear our forwards.

Forget about Lote...

Lote like he did with the previous negotion he had is just f**king with league and stroking his own ego, his a mercanery who wont take a $400k a year pay cut.

Go for Lima, then grab someone decent who's off contract next year who wants to play fullback.

Latest posts