What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

nomarg

Lol...yup.. Can you imagine him and Benji on the same team??

This is so off topic now...lol

Come on Lote..... Get off bloody twitter and sign already...

Getting wood!

Seriously, the guy is a talent, hopefully he can stay on the straight and narrow...

They could be a force at international level also....club and country combos....

now to lote....

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I must say... MOLTZEN IS NO FULLBACK..and..I don't think Taumata and Benji will work well, they are too similar. Benji needs a controlling organising halfback, not a replica of himself.

boxa777

Coach
Ive seen Lote twice in a couple of days and I think it'll take him a fair bit of time to dominate like people on here are thinking..

I live in Balmain and was going for a run a couple of days ago and Lote was running in the streets as well. Just a light hill and the dude was really struggling. Blowing a gale and moving like Covell. That's what fkn rugby union does to you.

He'd need to train hard to make fullback his position. I'd play him on the wing to get his fitness back and move Beau Ryan to fullback. Moltzen is a must for the halves.

stompin

Juniors
You guys won't be worrying next year. I've no doubt we'll be a very, very strong contender and the difference goal kicking makes will be for a very large part, moot.

And the reasons?

Jason Cayless and Arana Taumata. Taumata is our new 7, I've no doubt and Cayless is enough (even withstanding the potential Lima signing) of an addition to our pigs to cater. Especially considering the likes of Schirnack, Gower and Fifita standing up to be counted.

Even this with just the addition of the two aforementioned players, is a top four team imo.

1. Moltzen, 2. Tuiaki, 3. Lawrence, 4. Ayshford, 5. Ryan, 6. Marshall, 7. Taumata, 8. Cayless, 9. Farah, 10. Galloway, 11. Ellis, 12. Heighington, 13. Payten

14. Hanbury, 15. Gibbs, 16. Schirnack, 17. Mataka whatev.

I am not so sure about that team, and I dont even think that Hanbury will still be with us.

Ideally this is where we should be - we wont get Lima, but we will get Joel Clinton.. Flanagan must start, and is a great player as well as 80% kicker.

Moltzen is a half not a full back, (as per his australian schoolboys and showing late in 2009) and Taumata should be used as a utility. Moltzen and Marshall compliment each other, where as i think 80 mins of Taumata and Marshall could cause too many tigers fans to have a heart attack.

1. Tuqiri
2. Ryan
3. Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Cayless
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Heighington
13. Flanagan

14. Taumata
15. Fulton or Shirnack
16. Payten
17. Gibbs or Clinton

Willie Mataka could be fringe and definitely impress this year - proving no need for Daine Laurie. I was impressed with Mataka's showing against Parra in 09.

I salivate at what moltzen and marshal can do behind our now BIG forwards, who if they remain injury free will terrorise oppositions.. Galloway for origin..

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
On goalkicking, what is wrong with Marshall's efforts?

Does he have a low percentage rate?

(& sorry I know OTT again, but I saw it mentioned a few posts back)

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors
I am not so sure about that team, and I dont even think that Hanbury will still be with us.

Ideally this is where we should be - we wont get Lima, but we will get Joel Clinton.. Flanagan must start, and is a great player as well as 80% kicker.

Moltzen is a half not a full back, (as per his australian schoolboys and showing late in 2009) and Taumata should be used as a utility. Moltzen and Marshall compliment each other, where as i think 80 mins of Taumata and Marshall could cause too many tigers fans to have a heart attack.

That's a big call to make in a thread about Lote Tuqiri!

Where's your mail coming from?

nomarg

On goalkicking, what is wrong with Marshall's efforts?

Does he have a low percentage rate?

(& sorry I know OTT again, but I saw it mentioned a few posts back)

Off the top my head its about 65%...I posted the actual stat somewhere on here earlier....

stompin

Juniors
I probably worded that wrong - scrap 'we will' with 'Its more likely' that we will get Joel Clinton as opposed to Lima.

You dont have to be a brainer to realise how much melbourne want to keep Lima, and how much Brisbane want to offload clinton. It seems that will be the obvious trade and what we would have to settle for..

I think Joel Clinton is a quality prop, on the outer at brisbane for something so little its ridiculous.

Check out the "Dallas Key to NRL signing frenzy" article on fox sports website at the moment..

I must say... MOLTZEN IS NO FULLBACK..and..I don't think Taumata and Benji will work well, they are too similar. Benji needs a controlling organising halfback, not a replica of himself.

I'd take a few more Benji's...lol

Benji plays on the left, Taumata on the right, Moultzen up the middle (similar how Hodgson played fullback), and Tuqiri on the wing, as suggested by Benji....seems pretty fitting to me..

And we all should have an answer by this arvo whether Lote is going to be wearing a Tigers jersey next year.... Fingers crossed.....

Last edited:

stompin

Juniors
And we all should have an answer by this arvo whether Lote is going to be wearing a Tigers jersey next year.... Fingers crossed.....

I dont ever remember being so nervous about a potential signing.

I just feel that if we get Tuqiri it signals the intention of the tigers to really be a threat to the competition. Exciting times..

I dont want to feel deflated today.

nomarg

Again he has said on twitter still in talks.....

But he made some dude promise to get Lote on the back of his jersey if he did sign

N.C.

Juniors
I probably worded that wrong - scrap 'we will' with 'Its more likely' that we will get Joel Clinton as opposed to Lima.

You dont have to be a brainer to realise how much melbourne want to keep Lima, and how much Brisbane want to offload clinton. It seems that will be the obvious trade and what we would have to settle for..

I think Joel Clinton is a quality prop, on the outer at brisbane for something so little its ridiculous.

Check out the "Dallas Key to NRL signing frenzy" article on fox sports website at the moment..
Yeah just saw that, cheers. There was a thread in here on Clinton back when it was announced they would offload him if they could... Worth a look. Apparently he's not that well regarded by Tigers fans. I reckon he'd look pretty good in a Tigers strip.

mortz

so you didnt get clinton and you wont get lime... i hope you guys get lote, you are an entertaining team and would have a lethal wing combo

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
2009 Ellis (magnificent signing there guys)
2010 Cayless- Lote-
2011 Thurston?:D
Doubt it, Thurston has expressed his desire to return to the Dogs to repay them for giving him a crack at first grade.

Kimmorley will be due to retire around that time too, so it'll all fall into place for the dogs

stompin

Juniors
Doubt it, Thurston has expressed his desire to return to the Dogs to repay them for giving him a crack at first grade.

Kimmorley will be due to retire around that time too, so it'll all fall into place for the dogs

I think Brisbane are going to have a crack at thurston to cover for lockyer's imminent retirement..

DanOz

Juniors
I know others are will not be convinced (as I am not convinced about Tuqiri) but I'd take Clinton if we don't get Lima.