What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyal supporters

Do you think people should only support 1 team in the NRL?

• Total voters
So after reading comments from a storm bandwagoner, I'd like to post a poll and what people here think defines a loyal supporter.

poll up in a sec..

Grail

Juniors
Further to that, I don't know how people can change allegiances. I've lived in Newcastle all my life, but supported the Eels. When the Knights came into the comp in 1988, all these novacastrians swapped to being Knights fans. I copped stick for not switching as well, but I thought "I've always been an Eels man, how can I just turn that off and support another club?" Being a supporter means being loyal IMO, not jumping ship when something else flashes by.

Navjot

Juniors
Yeah sticking by your team through good and bad times for me and never changing teams defines a true loyal supporter.

The Tank

Bench
I've been a proud Panther through the good times (2003,1991) and the not so good times (2001,2007). I'll always be a proud Panther.

pantherlove

Juniors
Navjot said:
Yeah sticking by your team through good and bad times for me and never changing teams defines a true loyal supporter.

I agree however come finals time there are some teams you just dont want to see suceed (Manly, Bulldogs, Storm, Broncos for me) and if your team isnt there i dont see the harm in wanting to see the teams you hate beaten.

Navjot

Juniors
I have been a wests fan my entire life and then wests tigers upon merging, and i saw more bad times than good, but it made the 05 win even more special for me for hanging in when most probably would have switched teams.

Navjot

Juniors
I have been a wests fan my entire life and then wests tigers upon merging, and i saw more bad times than good, but it made the 05 win even more special for me for hanging in when most probably would have switched teams.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Amen to those sentiments.

In terms of "bandwagoning" in the finals - some people, myself included, have or will "get on" another team when finals comes around and their team is gone - but that generally will dissipate once they're eliminated.

This year I've got no vested interest to be honest. Part of me would like to see the Eels get up - on the other hand my head says Melbourne will be victors.

Then when it comes to someone hacking you, it's a whole different story :crazy: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Twizzle said:
nice Storm jersey there in your avatar Tim

:lol: It's that infamous Yellow and Blue strip with "Central Coast" that they all hated. What were Storm management thinking? :crazy:

i hate every single team in the comp besides the broncos. the storm would be my 2nd fave team and i still really hate them haha.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I only support one team.

But i want Melbourne to win now that the team i support is getting hosed somewhere in Auckland.

i don't hate any other team really. i just concentrate on my team and basically couldn't give a rats either way who wins except my boys and i definately believe you should on SUPPORT one team - cowbittoh! - but i don't think you're not loyal if you like other teams. i've always liked the tigers since i was young because blocker and siro came to my school to do a lowes ad and it was really something to meet them so i've had a soft spot for them.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
I'm stickin with the Bears! ...... and we might win a final!!!

I just can't bring myself to follow another team. It's more a case of i hate all teams equally in the NRL ...... but just love Rugby League. So as for the NRL i'm completely neutral.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Supporting Souths is the epitome of 'sticking it out through the hard times'. I won't be changing.

This also applies to those farkwits who dumped their team to follow the Gold Coast. I tore some Sharks fan a new one for leaving the Guppies to go for the Tits. Although, I wouldn't be too keen on supporting Cronulla either.

Latest posts