What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loyal supporters

Do you think people should only support 1 team in the NRL?

• Total voters
I think there is a big difference from hoping team 1 beats team 2 for one match in the finals, or admiring anothers style of play, to all together declaring your support for another team and have 2nd 3rd favorites ect.

27 votes for yes, so good on the loyal fans for sticking to their teams. Sharks fans get extra points here ahahaha ;)

johns_reds

First Grade
wow, looks like i'm the odd one out, i support the broncos and the cowboys, i grew up supporting the broncos but lived in nth queensland, so when cowboys were introduced i supported them too, however i must admit i'm more biased towards the broncos when they play each other even though cowboys are more local for me.

johns_reds said:
wow, looks like i'm the odd one out, i support the broncos and the cowboys, i grew up supporting the broncos but lived in nth queensland, so when cowboys were introduced i supported them too, however i must admit i'm more biased towards the broncos when they play each other even cowboys are more local for me.

I think that is a bit different, not anywhere as bad as living in penrith, then throwing your support for an in form team like the storm and swinging the batons and pom poms as well as showing your love for them in your sig.

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't think you can hedge your bets...... place the money on one and let it ride. If they win celebrate like there is no tomorrow.

Glenn

First Grade
Parramatta till I die, as for "support" of other teams that varies with the team but whatever happens one constant will remain Parramatta :)

Apey

Staff member
God damn some people are stupid.

It's not about supporting several teams, it's about supporting one team but having soft spots for others. I'm not as biased and narrow minded to think LOL MY TEAM PWNS, ALL ELSE FAILZ. I like the NRL in general and follow/love the Knights, and with that, I like some of the other teams but don't support them.

When the Knights are out of the finals I still support them and they're still my favourite, but it doesn't mean I can't root for another team once they are out :| I "like" Cowboys and Eels, but I don't "support" them in the NRL precious type of support. If Knights are out, why can't I be in favour of seeing a team I like win as opposed to some piece of sh*t team I hate.

So to answer your question in the poll; No. It's their option to support as many teams as they want. However, if it was do I only support one team, then yes, yes I do.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Pantherz9103......

He is now a Storm supporter, or has been for years....... :roll:

I'm cheering for the Storm in the finals :crazy: because Penrith didn't make it! I've always had a soft spot for the storm (i was born in melbourne) and consider them my 2nd team since they came in. Plenty of people have 2nd or 3rd teams. That does not mean I support two teams equally.

I told you I am not like Cowbittoh or Lotti who go for 2 teams at once :roll:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Most people on here actually do only go for one team, but as has been mentioned, when their team are eliminated, they jump on another. As far as I can see, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it just means that you're still keeping an interest in the game even when your team is out. IMO there is nothing worse than trying to watch a game of sport where you aren't, in any way, shape, or form, cheering for a team.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm a loyal supporter to Penrith at the start of every year till when they get knocked out. Unfortunately the last few years they have a habit of getting knocked out early and then I bandwagon the Storm. In that way you might say I'm also a loyal bandwagoner :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
There may be a team that I would rather see win. Will never jump on heir bandwagon though.

Well except for 2003... Was invited by my rooster supporting brother to his house for a BBQ the day after the GF. I arrived in a penrith premiers tshirt. Took it off after 20 minutes and felt dirty that I had worn it. No offence to Penrith supporters about feeling dirty though.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dogaholic said:
Well except for 2003... Was invited by my rooster supporting brother to his house for a BBQ the day after the GF. I arrived in a penrith premiers tshirt. Took it off after 20 minutes and felt dirty that I had worn it. No offence to Penrith supporters about feeling dirty though.

None taken ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
I have a favourite team, and then a very, very distant second(Broncos).

I have no interest in following them or watching their matches, but I still like them more than the other 14 teams.

I think that sort of "second team" is fair enough.

_Johnsy

Referee
I only have one side, I enjoy watching some teams play, but generally hate most other teams. If I dont, well it is only a matter of time before there becomes one.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
Yep, im with Poffo'sbiggestfan. I have plenty of 2nd teams, but Parra will always remain my fav.
Who the f**k is that? :crazy: :cool:

Latest posts