What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

betcats

Referee

Iamback

Coach

Nice cole highlight vid in that article. Shows he has a very well rounded attacking game, definitely a run first type with pretty good left foot step but he has a good passing game, he can throw the long cut outs and hold up and deliver quality short balls to hole runners. Also has a nice touch on his short kicking. Overall he’s the replacement I’m most excited about.

He'd be my pick to replace him

Das Hassler

Bench
I

If he was not at the club why would he keep contact with someone he does not know .you can defend him all you want but he did not know luia the facts are there.Richardson was out of footy for a while before going to Souths.Had no reason to contact or know him
Luia went to the tigers for 1 reason only the money and good luck to him he is setting up his family

Not defending Richo at all...never even crossed my mind to. I was just typing *allowed at what his comments might have meant....a CSI kind of thing which seems popular on footy forums.
What's Luai's motives for going to the Tigers got to do with what Richo meant ...or to do with me ? Can't you go to a club meet n greet and ask him directly?

* "allowed" ...let's go with aloud...I'll blame it on predictive text but probably wasn't....Shall try harder

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
N
Not defending Richo at all...never even crossed my mind to. I was just typing allowed at what his comments might have meant....a CSI kind of thing which seems popular on footy forums.
What's Luai's motives for going to the Tigers got to do with Richo ...or me ? Can't you go to a club meet n greet and ask him directly?
not now he is at the tigers lol

Iamback

Coach
Not defending Richo at all...never even crossed my mind to. I was just typing allowed at what his comments might have meant....a CSI kind of thing which seems popular on footy forums.
What's Luai's motives for going to the Tigers got to do with what Richo meant ...or to do with me ? Can't you go to a club meet n greet and ask him directly?

I will ask him today BUT he got $6m reasons to go.

Das Hassler

Bench
I will ask him today BUT he got $6m reasons to go.

For sure...but one interesting thing his manager said at the Presser...which I think would have to be fairly true was that there really wasn't that much difference between the clubs that were vying for his signature and he made that point without being asked the question. Curious that he eventually declined the dogs with Ciraldo and his best mate there for possibly 100k / year ( 60 after tax and manager?) I'm pretty sure Gus could have easily squared that up with some 3rd party top up. As for the $'s...sure ..that was the reason for him leaving Penrith but not in his choice of destinations...Gus wouldn't have let him slip away for the difference of what was being offered...and no way Ciraldo would of it was just up to him. I think it was the positives and negatives of the combination of many factors ...not just one big one. He didn't need to choose the Tigers money over the panthers money.. that he would leave for somewhere else for what he felt he was worth was a given....what he did choose was the Tigers over the others who wanted him..it wasn't Panthers V Tigers...it was Tigers V the rest and Gus ( for one) lost out. As I've mentioned somewhere else...driven and "doubted" athletes do have motivations beyond just money.

*Mr Lamback....not talking at you with all that...just general thoughts

Last edited:
For sure...but one interesting thing his manager said at the Presser...which I think would have to be fairly true was that there really wasn't that much difference between the clubs that were vying for his signature and he made that point without being asked the question. Curious that he eventually declined the dogs with Ciraldo and his best mate there for possibly 100k / year ( 60 after tax and manager?) I'm pretty sure Gus could have easily squared that up with some 3rd party top up. As for the $'s...sure ..that was the reason for him leaving Penrith but not in his choice of destinations...Gus wouldn't have let him slip away for the difference of what was being offered...and no way Ciraldo would of it was just up to him. I think it was the positives and negatives of the combination of many factors ...not just one big one. He didn't need to choose the Tigers money over the panthers money.. that he would leave for somewhere else for what he felt he was worth was a given....what he did choose was the Tigers over the others who wanted him..it wasn't Panthers V Tigers...it was Tigers V the rest and Gus ( for one) lost out. As I've mentioned somewhere else...driven and "doubted" athletes do have motivations beyond just money.

*Mr Lamback....not talking at you with all that...just general thoughts
He left because of the money

Iamback

Coach

The instant he signed with Black money it was about money.

He has said he was a Benji fan boy. The history with Ciraldo

So you have 2 rookie coaches cancelling each other out.

The extra year you guys offered, I can't remember you guys releasing anyone early?

As opposed to we know Gus' record on that.

Throw in Luai's management having a good history with Richo

Das Hassler

Bench
The instant he signed with Black money it was about money.

He has said he was a Benji fan boy. The history with Ciraldo

So you have 2 rookie coaches cancelling each other out.

The extra year you guys offered, I can't remember you guys releasing anyone early?

As opposed to we know Gus' record on that.

Throw in Luai's management having a good history with Richo

That's kind've what I meant...a combination of positives and negatives

Black Panther

Juniors
No way the Dogs were ever going to sign Luai, they just bumped his price up.

They went all out for Burton, he’s the man at the Dogs.

Das Hassler

Bench
You don't leave good sides for reasons other than money. So he would of expected some negatives, in this case there was more positives to go to you guys

Exactly...if the Panthers had the space to pay him what he wanted he ,most probably would have stayed. BUT....most of us might not understand why some leave warm comfortable homes to go to harsh lands to climb tall freezing mountains...I'm pretty sure it's not for the view ...never know what lurks beneath :)

Iamback

Coach
Exactly...if the Panthers had the space to pay him what he wanted he ,most probably would have stayed. BUT....most of us might not understand why some leave warm comfortable homes to go to harsh lands to climb tall freezing mountains...I'm pretty sure it's not for the view ...never know what lurks beneath :)

I said at the time, The difference he can make up off field but he chose this path. Now we see how it goes