What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

betcats

Referee
Romey will do what needs to be done this year. He might be leaving but it doesnt mean he doesnt care about his legacy here. Besides the fact we are chasing another piece of history the guy is a competitor, whatever feelings there were due to comments made or whatever will mostly go away and everything should settle down like it did for everyone else who has signed elsewhere the last few years.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Romey will do what needs to be done this year. He might be leaving but it doesnt mean he doesnt care about his legacy here. Besides the fact we are chasing another piece of history the guy is a competitor, whatever feelings there were due to comments made or whatever will mostly go away and everything should settle down like it did for everyone else who has signed elsewhere the last few years.
Only tiny worry is him trying too hard in a finals game and wanting to go out proving he's a star

Abacus

Juniors

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Love this bit of the article:
However, Luai is close with Richardson from their time together at the Panthers when he was a junior coming up through the ranks.

Didn't Richo leave the club 20 years ago? Would mean Luai coming through the ranks as a 6 or 7 year old.

It's all BS. Someone who obviously hasn't done any research on the subject at hand. Just making stuff up.

No doubt Jarome was impressed by Benji as a young kid. But this stuff is just a fairy tale.

Das Hassler

Bench
That's funny, Richardson was here in 2003, 21 years ago, Jerome is 26 so that makes a mockery of the friendship from junior days.
Off season is full of rubbish.

I think it might be the case that they'd stayed in touch long after he left Penrith and while JL was coming up through the grades...leastways Richo kept in touch as he developed...I believe he did try to get him to Souths so that had to have been awhile ago. In any case Richo did say in his Presser that he knew him from his junior days so could just be he had him earmarked for the future long ago?

murraymob

Coach
I think it might be the case that they'd stayed in touch long after he left Penrith and while JL was coming up through the grades...leastways Richo kept in touch as he developed...I believe he did try to get him to Souths so that had to have been awhile ago. In any case Richo did say in his Presser that he knew him from his junior days so could just be he had him earmarked for the future long ago?
Luia was 5 if he was keeping in touch a bit creepy don’t you think

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think little Shane was talking (how can I put this delicately) with his little head rather than his big head.

(apologies here to Nathan Brown round 4 : 2018)

Das Hassler

Bench
Luia was 5 if he was keeping in touch a bit creepy don’t you think

OK but where did I mention 2003? Was JL playing junior footy then?...I said clearly after Richo left Penrith...as in during Luai's ( i'll try again) junior footy years ???....the one's "after" he was 5?

Das Hassler

Bench
OK but where did I mention 2003? Was JL playing junior footy then?...I said clearly after Richo left Penrith...as in during Luai's ( i'll try again) junior footy years ???....the one's "after" he was 5?

OK I FIGURED IT OUT....sorry!...the Panthers pathway thing!...Luai played all his Juniors during one year at the age of 5 and went into grade at 6..of course ! (insert slapping forehead emoji here)...obviously Richo couldn't have been in contact with a 5 year old...that WOULD'VE been weird!

OK I FIGURED IT OUT....sorry!...the Panthers pathway thing!...Luai played all his Juniors during one year at the age of 5 and went into grade at 6..of course ! (insert slapping forehead emoji here)...obviously Richo couldn't have been in contact with a 5 year old...that WOULD'VE been weird!
I guess the question is what was Ricoh doing with Penrith Juniors when Luai was in the pathways. If it is just Ricoh identified Luai as a talent and tried to poach him, then that is fair enough and would explain why they have a relationship. It’s just that the article referred to above suggested that Richo got to know him from his time at Penrith.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I guess the question is what was Ricoh doing with Penrith Juniors when Luai was in the pathways. If it is just Ricoh identified Luai as a talent and tried to poach him, then that is fair enough and would explain why they have a relationship. It’s just that the article referred to above suggested that Richo got to know him from his time at Penrith.

Which is clearly false.

The lack of research done by jurno's employed by Fox and News ltd, is quite horrifying.

Das Hassler

Bench

OK...fair enough. Richo did say he tried to get him to souths which would suggest he'd be on his.. late teens? I think that's about where the truth of it is

murraymob

Coach
I
If he was not at the club why would he keep contact with someone he does not know .you can defend him all you want but he did not know luia the facts are there.Richardson was out of footy for a while before going to Souths.Had no reason to contact or know him
Luia went to the tigers for 1 reason only the money and good luck to him he is setting up his family