What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Ouryears I get your point re the Origin, I guess I have nightmares about seeing Frizz injured again like last year and seeing him not being himself for the rest of the year. As for Host I hope you are right. I just don't get the faith some on this site put in him. He was a great junior but, to me at any rate, he hasn't gone on with it. Yes we can say he isn't getting enough game time but I don't think I saw anything last year that showed he would be a top liner. Luckily, I've been wrong before.

Dragsters

First Grade
Origin affects us in one game only.

One we have a bye
The other is a stand alone origin

I think we will cope for one week.

Other teams have 4 or 5 first grade standard players in their entire pack.

We are lucky.

As for host, impossible to come on once.... and shine.

Give him 50 mins a week and he will.

I agree re Host but you could say the same for Luc.

10 or 20 minutes here and there makes it very difficult to get any rhythm.

Unfortunately when you have a starting pack as good as ours and few injuries, it's difficult to achieve this for rookie forwards, particularly back rowers...

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
can anyone tell me how young stuart mason is going ?

Jak
Stuart going well.
He been coming of the bench in isp .
From what I have seen he doing ok for a part timer.
Lawrie had been consistent .
Kerr just needs to run harder.

But Sele and Host have been the best.
We need to pick up a prop and an outside back with pace.
Imo.
Recruitment is working on it.
But number one is keeping LAM.

ouryears

Bench
I agree re Host but you could say the same for Luc.

10 or 20 minutes here and there makes it very difficult to get any rhythm.

Unfortunately when you have starting pack as good as ours and few injuries it's difficult to achieve this for rookies...
I understand mate and agree to a point. Watching Luc playing at the ground in ISP and in first grade, he seems to be ineffective in defence, he appears not to want to get too involved in the hard stuff...until we have the ball.

It's almost impossible to change that behaviour, some players just like the prettier part of the game, with the ball in hand.

None of them go on to great things. You got to be able to tackle hard and often in Luc's position.

jak

Bench
Jak
Stuart going well.

Imo.
thanks sam

possm

Coach
He may become a sacrificial lamb for LAM. Unlucky timing for Luc, he is up against a seasoned player in career best form.

Leilua is a backrow forward and LAM is a prop.

We need to keep LAM and find a fourth prop. Allgood, Latimore, Kerr and Lawrie are not doing the job and are not up to it. Better to offload a couple of them to retain LAM and buy a good fourth prop for our first grade rotation.

As for Leilua, we are on the right track. Just drop him to reserve grade until he comes good. If he does not come good at contracts end, let him go.

st shaneoh

Juniors
I understand mate and agree to a point. Watching Luc playing at the ground in ISP and in first grade, he seems to be ineffective in defence, he appears not to want to get too involved in the hard stuff...until we have the ball.

It's almost impossible to change that behaviour, some players just like the prettier part of the game, with the ball in hand.

None of them go on to great things. You got to be able to tackle hard and often in Luc's position.
Get rid of the slug now. Why waste money. Top someone else up with his money. Soft and slow. No longer required

New Dragon

Juniors
Jak
Stuart going well.

Imo.
so your saying Herbert, Garrick and others are not cutting it?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that we should release Luciano now as the team is one bench player short if we use Ah Mau, Host or Sele and Mann. This problem will be embarrassing when State of Origin arrives. If we release Luciano now we can purchase one Prop and one Centre/Winger to bolster the roster.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think that we should release Luciano now as the team is one bench player short if we use Ah Mau, Host or Sele and Mann. This problem will be embarrassing when State of Origin arrives. If we release Luciano now we can purchase one Prop and one Centre/Winger to bolster the roster.
We don't need to release Lucky Luciano this season to purchase a prop or centre this season, as we apparently have quite a bit of space still left on this year's cap.

Mary doesn't look like he is going to drop any of our centres or Nightingale this year either.

We do have Lomax and Mann as centres or wingers right now, who could come in if required. Signing a good prop would be good, but I don't know of any available this year. Boyd is probably the only one I can name who is off contract at the end of this year, who would be worth signing, but he can't even make Canberra's starting side this year. He has failed to live up to the wraps that were on him a few years ago. Hence why Ah Mau and Pangai are in so much demand and being offered very big money from other clubs.

blacksafake

First Grade
We don't need to release Lucky Luciano this season to purchase a prop or centre this season, as we apparently have quite a bit of space still left on this year's cap.

Mary doesn't look like he is going to drop any of our centres or Nightingale this year either.

We do have Lomax and Mann as centres or wingers right now, who could come in if required. Signing a good prop would be good, but I don't know of any available this year. Boyd is probably the only one I can name who is off contract at the end of this year, who would be worth signing, but he can't even make Canberra's starting side this year. He has failed to live up to the wraps that were on him a few years ago. Hence why Ah Mau and Pangai are in so much demand and being offered very big money from other clubs.
Vaughan was also coming off the bench or playing reserves so it wouldn't worry me.Maybe it has something to do with Stuart.

Gareth67

First Grade
Apparently the rumour concerning Luc is just that , a rumour . There are 2 stories doing the rounds - 1 Luc has signed a 2 year contract with Canberra from 2019
2 Canberra has signed a forward , but from another club for 3 years ( which is a secret , but now we all know about it , we just don't know who )

So going by that he is still a Dragon for at least this year .

Last edited:

st shaneoh

Juniors

Vaughan wasnt in Canberra starting team when we signed him. Could do a lot worse than Boyd.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
so your saying Herbert, Garrick and others are not cutting it?

Not at all I was asked about.the forwards.
In the backs
lomax is going well.
Herbert and garrick are going just as well.
But on his day wich is becoming more often than not jai is going great.
He has more x factor.
I think they are doing well in general.
If you want to see how there going watch 9 st 1pm.
There playing a good penrith team at win stadium

Last edited:

New Dragon

Juniors
In the backs
lomax is going well.
He has more x factor.
Thanks Samy, interesting as these guys are off contract and wonder whether we can keep them all? wouldn't think so, so will be about which ones. I'd imagine Herbert especially if he wants to play first grade would be looking at where his best options are as he seems to have been leapfrogged by Lomax into the top 18.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Thanks Samy, interesting as these guys are off contract and wonder whether we can keep them all? wouldn't think so, so will be about which ones. I'd imagine Herbert especially if he wants to play first grade would be looking at where his best options are as he seems to have been leapfrogged by Lomax into the top 18.

He a junior kiwi captain so would think there would be interest from across the ditch

Frank Facer

First Grade
In the backs
lomax is going well.
He has more x factor.
Who do you think will end up being better Dufty or Field?

Latest posts