What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Bottom line is that SGI currently have only seven forwards of first grade standard- Host was on the field last night and I was struggling to even notice his contribution. Latibore tries hard but isn't an impact player and will never win a game for you like LAM. The nearest to an eighth is Sele. As soon as injuries and the rep games arrive, we will come back to the pack big time. All those people who have bought grand final tickets are making a giant leap of faith that our players won't get injured (unrealistic) or won't get selected in origin or international times (also unrealistic).
A tad unfair, it’s hard to notice someone who’s on the field for the final seven minutes

Didnt he resign with us.
Only last year.
Contracts are toilet paper.

I can’t really remember how long the contract was, if it was for 1 year or more.

If this is true I’d say he was told he’s not in the future plans, and to be honest he hasn’t seemed like he would ever make the step to first grade, just on effort and enthusiasm alone. Slow in attack and lazy in defence.

Looks like he is going to be another Mundine, the younger brother or nephew to Anthony. Looked like a future superstar in lower grades, but never could make that step up

Wonder where he is now. He was a superstar in U20s, was going to set the world on fire, then suddenly realised you actually have to work on fitness and stuff in first grade and disappeared

SaintPauli

Juniors
I did hear on the news Ricky Stewart "denying" the rumour that raiders were only doing 2 year contracts which has been in the news. What was interesting was his comment the raiders were currently talking to an outside NRL player on a 3 year deal. Perhaps Luc?
Maybe we can keep LAM or maybe we are offloading for Korbin Sims who is looking out of favour at Donkies or perhaps a quality outside back? The June 30 deadline is not far! Something is brewing and dragons recruitment have been very hush hush.

Como Connection

First Grade
I did hear on the news Ricky Stewart "denying" the rumour that raiders were only doing 2 year contracts which has been in the news. What was interesting was his comment the raiders were currently talking to an outside NRL player on a 3 year deal. Perhaps Luc?
Maybe we can keep LAM or maybe we are offloading for Korbin Sims who is looking out of favour at Donkies or perhaps a quality outside back? The June 30 deadline is not far! Something is brewing and dragons recruitment have been very hush hush.
Millward is performing very well in his job, cannot pick a mistake he has made.
CC

hermidale1

Juniors
Bottom line is that SGI currently have only seven forwards of first grade standard- Host was on the field last night and I was struggling to even notice his contribution. Latibore tries hard but isn't an impact player and will never win a game for you like LAM. The nearest to an eighth is Sele. As soon as injuries and the rep games arrive, we will come back to the pack big time. All those people who have bought grand final tickets are making a giant leap of faith that our players won't get injured (unrealistic) or won't get selected in origin or international times (also unrealistic).
That is quite a big statement.
Host was only on the field for 6 1/2 minutes. Hardly enough time for anyone to make a contribution.
Bit hard to get NRL experience when you spend 73 minutes warming up.

Looks like he is going to be another Mundine, the younger brother or nephew to Anthony. Looked like a future superstar in lower grades, but never could make that step up

I just looked that up, it was Matt, and to my surprise it was 10 years ago he left the Dragons to go to Souths, then sink without trace, it dosnt seem like that long ago.

Also came across the Dragons signing Anthonys son CJ Mundine to play SG Ball last year.
Anyone know how he's going?

BennyV

Referee
Gotta love this forum. At the start of the year when I declared that Leilua was a long way from being a consistent first grader, that his showings in the trials and early games were ploddish and that several others should be played before him, there was uproar!

Now at the rumours he's leaving, there's a whole lot of 'no big loss, he may not make it in first grade'.

Good times.

Anyway, if this is true, it's no big loss. He may not make it in first grade.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I just looked that up, it was Matt, and to my surprise it was 10 years ago he left the Dragons to go to Souths, then sink without trace, it dosnt seem like that long ago.

Also came across the Dragons signing Anthonys son CJ Mundine to play SG Ball last year.
Anyone know how he's going?

He played dragons sg ball this year.
He can play.

Just read this on Twitter:

BREAKING NEWS!!

The @RaidersCanberra have signed @NRL_Dragons young forward Luciano leilua for season 2019. Massive coup for the club especially after losing Junior Paulo. #nrl @telegraph_sport @NeilEvansmail @9_Moley @ReadingThePlay

Shame to see him go, but obviously not the player the club think can take the club forward.
I think Canberra did us a favor.
We have plenty of forward depth and he really wasn't contributing when he was given a chance.
We have to admit that bringing through young talent is not one of the club's forte.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Luc going would be disappointing because the Bulldogs, us and, if you believe it, Canberra see something in him. He might make it, he might not but the kid has been a tad underwhelming up to now. The comment from RedandWhite4er re our lack of forward depth to cover the upcoming Origin and the normal injuries that take place is a good one. The majority on this thread see Luc as no loss, some discount Sele and I for one don't see Host as anything special, far from it. Latimore is a 110% player, and will rise up a notch or two when we need him, but he is no game breaker. Lawrie did not take his chance while Kerr is floating around but has he set the world on fire? Behind these guys are one or two promising juniors but they are not like the 18 year old monster the Broncos used last night. Pray for few injuries.

ouryears

Bench
Origin affects us in one game only.

One we have a bye
The other is a stand alone origin

I think we will cope for one week.

Other teams have 4 or 5 first grade standard players in their entire pack.

We are lucky.

As for host, impossible to come on once.... and shine.

Give him 50 mins a week and he will.

Latest posts