What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Who do you think will end up being better Dufty or Field?

Dufty is well a head at this stage.
Field has a way to go.
Hopefully next year both are regularly in the nrl.
With field's background in touch footy he has had to learn to defend.
Wich I think is improving.
Will be interesting to see how he go tomorrow.

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Apparently the rumour concerning Luc is just that , a rumour . There are 2 stories doing the rounds - 1 Luc has signed a 2 year contract with Canberra from 2019
2 Canberra has signed a forward , but from another club for 3 years ( which is a secret , but now we all know about it , we just don't know who )

So going by that he is still a Dragon for at least this year .
Stuart said they have 2 only 3yr contracts, one within club & the 2nd from super league.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Given that the NRL side has been lucky with injuries so far and with State of Origin coming up it is imperative that the Club has good depth. Let us see how the ISP side performs tomorrow.

Life's Good

Coach
Not sure what to make of this as a rumour or truth.
I certainly can the reason for letting him go given we look to have a style of play requiring a mobile, fit pack. I think LL has fitness issues that need addressing(it takes time to develop the cardio needed for a big body in FG). If the club doesn’t think hes worth persevering with then I’ll back their call(letting Packer go, as an example, was an astute decision).
If he stays I’ll back him as well.

getsmarty

Immortal
We currently have 29 of our 30 spots filled...I can't remember the exact date but don't we need to confirm 30 in the next month or so ? That being the case why would we let Luc going meaning we would have to fill 2 spots shortly ? Makes no sense.

SBD82

Coach
We currently have 29 of our 30 spots filled...I can't remember the exact date but don't we need to confirm 30 in the next month or so ? That being the case why would we let Luc going meaning we would have to fill 2 spots shortly ? Makes no sense.
Agreed. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of movement happening mid season this year. It's all well and good to have a wish list of what sort of players you want, but those players need to be available.

My guess is that the backup plan is to promote someone from ISP into the squad of 30, and front end some of our big contracts, but doing this for two spots may leave us short at the back end of the season.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

If LL does sign for the Raiders it will be for 2019 onwards so he will still be a part of our roster to the end of the season.
I see Matheson Johns being given opportunities in ISP, so I think that we will fill the 30 from within. My guess would be someone like young Ford being promoted to the 30 from development squad, he's an edge 2nd rower just like LL. Then advance Johns to the Development squad.
That would complete the 30 requirement and keep the Development list at 4.

getsmarty

Immortal
If LL does sign for the Raiders it will be for 2019 onwards so he will still be a part of our roster to the end of the season.
I see Matheson Johns being given opportunities in ISP, so I think that we will fill the 30 from within. My guess would be someone like young Ford being promoted to the 30 from development squad, he's an edge 2nd rower just like LL. Then advance Johns to the Development squad.

thanks Dragonslayer.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Your a smart man dragonslayer.

nrlnrl

First Grade

possm

Coach
Given that the NRL side has been lucky with injuries so far and with State of Origin coming up it is imperative that the Club has good depth. Let us see how the ISP side performs tomorrow.
We are already able to see how they are performing in ISB. It is either a coaching problem or recruitment/pathways problem eitherway, someone needs to be accountable.

Old Timer

Coach
Is it not disturbing how our young forwards are not progressing very well and how a "must keep" from 2 years ago is now considered OK to be moved on?
Much has been said about LL re fitness, weight etc but in fact regardless of those issues neither he nor any of our other young forwards have found the hard edge that is truly required to be a good forward in the NRL.
They all have skills but our development strategy (LOL) has not given them enough time on the paddock nor seen them toughen up to be formidable in tight situations.
I fear we will lose some good young talent and we will remain hooked on the Latimore, Allgood type purchases.
Host getting 7 minutes at the end the other day as we were trying to wind the game down is symptomatic of the issues that prevent us from being a far better side than what we actually are.
We are only a couple of injuries away from yet again being exposed and still we don't learn from previous years.

The Damo

Juniors
Is it not disturbing how our young forwards are not progressing very well and how a "must keep" from 2 years ago is now considered OK to be moved on?
Much has been said about LL re fitness, weight etc but in fact regardless of those issues neither he nor any of our other young forwards have found the hard edge that is truly required to be a good forward in the NRL.
They all have skills but our development strategy (LOL) has not given them enough time on the paddock nor seen them toughen up to be formidable in tight situations.
I fear we will lose some good young talent and we will remain hooked on the Latimore, Allgood type purchases.
Host getting 7 minutes at the end the other day as we were trying to wind the game down is symptomatic of the issues that prevent us from being a far better side than what we actually are.
We are only a couple of injuries away from yet again being exposed and still we don't learn from previous years.
How many minutes should he have got?
At whose expense and at what stage of the game?
I would’ve liked to see him come on for Frizz and get 12-15 minutes at the end. But I don’t think it would’ve been right to pull Frizz or Sims off earlier when the game was still in the balance. As it was we got to close out the game with Ah Mau back on after a rest and if host had come on 5 minutes earlier I don’t think you could really fault the use of the bench that game.