What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I don't give a shit .. when I mean I'm disappointed I meant that some people out there would kill do be in there shoes I couldn't give shit if the guy did all of the above and performed week in week out but come this season if he putting in little minutes and huffing and puffing it's fair to say he should stop smoking .

And if it comes to that he will probably be the first person to agree with you on that. If his fitness is good enough then it's a non-issue.

st shaneoh

Juniors
good news and bad news

Good news .. he has lost a fair bit of weight

Bad news .. caught him smoking at the waiting bay at st George hospital which is disappointing ..

Some kids these days have all the talent in the world and just take it for granted smoking binge drinking gambling pissing in your own mouth and so on ..
You CAUGHT him. Are you the police? Is it illegal? Sack him now. FFS. Get a life

Divine

Bench
Cut them some slack. 2+
Luc will no doubt learn what life inside the media bubble is all about first hand this year and the smoking thing is a pretty good example of the double standard they are expected to live up to... While some love the spotlight most would welcome the anonymity that comes with retirement.

monsterkev

Juniors
Sorry, I missed the part where anyone here condoned drink driving. How you've managed to get to that from someone having a cigarette is a fair stretch by anyone's standards.

Stick the topic and don't sensationalise things for the simple sake of arguing.
Im not sensationalizing anything mate
Stating something that could happen and already has like people getting their heads stomped on and girlfriends getting bashed by players due to booze and drugs
I've stated my opinion so dont for one minute think you are the only person that should be commenting and let people say as they wish without reprisal from you
Im sure you've had your fair say

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Im not sensationalizing anything mate
Stating something that could happen and already has like people getting their heads stomped on and girlfriends getting bashed by players due to booze and drugs
I've stated my opinion so dont for one minute think you are the only person that should be commenting and let people say as they wish without reprisal from you
Im sure you've had your fair say

LOL in the incidents I'm assuming you're referring to drugs and alcohol were contributing factors, not THE reason you simpleton.

inside_pass

Bench
Fair dinkum!
I don't give a stuff if he smokes or not.
He can piss in his own mouth if he likes as well,its his decision?
As long as he plays good footy for the Dragons he can do whatever he likes in his spare time.
Last time I checked smoking was legal?

BennyV

Referee
Fair dinkum!
As long as he plays good footy for the Dragons he can do whatever he likes in his spare time.
This is the problem though. Smoking is proven to affect your respiratory system and cardiovascular endurance, and for a bloke who is far from used to the speed of first grade and needs a lot of fitness work to get into a habit that could slow him down on the field shows a lack of commitment.

Couldnt give a f**k that its a dirty habit, bad look or whatever. The concern is that he's not giving himself the best chance of being 100% at the top of his game for the club that pays him a decent salary for a kid his age.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Fair dinkum!

My point exactly .. no one said anything about it being illegal lol who started that ?

SaintHarry

Juniors
This is the problem though. Smoking is proven to affect your respiratory system and cardiovascular endurance, and for a bloke who is far from used to the speed of first grade and needs a lot of fitness work to get into a habit that could slow him down on the field shows a lack of commitment.

Couldnt give a f**k that its a dirty habit, bad look or whatever. The concern is that he's not giving himself the best chance of being 100% at the top of his game for the club that pays him a decent salary for a kid his age.

Exactly my point .. you say one thing on this forum and the dickheads on here spin the wheel

SaintHarry

Juniors
100% like I said he could smoke and piss in his mouth at the same time .. play good for the saints and I'll join ya .

But when you see that he smokes you think .. f@&k I really wanted you to resign with the club and absolutely tear it up when I saw that I cringed like I'm sure all of us have high hopes for him ffs I just want what's best for the kid not what kills him cause it's not illegal .

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Young fellas smoke a bit. If he was sitting out the front of the hospital, someone close might be in trouble or passed away and sometimes a smoke just calms the nerves. Some of the fittest people I know have a dirty durrie every now and then.

rasaint

Juniors
Boy, Luciano has been talked up big time. It will be interesting to see how he goes. I saw one silky NFL offload last season and a few ok games without anything amazing.

Good luck to him for a great season.

The kid will live and learn

One would hope he has some good roll models at the club that will steer him away from alcohol, drugs, and androtops

He comes across as an intelligent kid, am sure he will work out for himself what he needs to do to be a GF player

Don't feel androtops are as yet a capital offence

Latest posts