What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LUKE BRANIGAN

Could someone shed somelight on why you would think that we would buy luke branigan from cabramatta metro cup side????

i know that he wanted to join us when wayne pearce was coach and that he approached us but we have had the dough to pay him!!!!!!

he then went to the dragons, from souths, then to the noahs arks

had bad knees apparently

do you think that its likely that benji will start on the weekend????

uuem

Juniors
Think you will find that it was Pearse that chased Branigan . He has had a number of clubs since then and plenty of opertunity to shine but always struggled to produce in the top grade .

Sincas

Juniors
was a freak junior but then had some bad leg injuries.

if he was bought for the lower grades to give him an opportunity i think its a good idea and wouldn't cost that much. our halves are always a problem so if he turns out to be the goods or at least a suitable back up, then we've done ok.

brook

First Grade
I assume he's contracted to Balmain and not the Wests Tigers?

If so Balmain had a double problem with no real goal kicker (sorry Ric) and our captain and 5/8th retiring from the game for work reasons

Branighan solves both problems - and if he produces decent form allows the Wests Tigers more depth in the halves

Tigerpete

Juniors
brook said:
If so Balmain had a double problem with no real goal kicker

Yeah, completely highlighted by Carney's miss from beside the posts last week after pulling one over from the sidelines........

brook

First Grade
Apparently career reasons - he's got a new job based in wollongong and couldn't make training.

White Tiger

Juniors
i wrote this on the balmain team thread!

I found out earlier in the week that Luke Branighan had been picked up by Tim, by a mate of mine who plays for cabramatta, where luke has been playing this year.

He tells me that he was given the choice of who to play for Balmain or Wests, and was told if he goes ok will get a shot in first grade within 4 to 5 weeks.

Was also told that he is a bit on the large side and needs to lose some weight and pick up some speed also.

Word is that he was a pretty selfish player at cabramatta i.e always running and kicking for himself, not following game plans.

I guess will see how he goes

HappyTiger

Juniors
He played well today.Definatley needs to get into shape.But he definatley has the skills.4 - 5 weeks would be at the earliest.

Sincas

Juniors
you know who??????????? said:
Could someone shed somelight on why you would think that we would buy luke branigan from cabramatta metro cup side????

to get Man of the match in his first game i'd say, and provide a back up option in the halves if he can stay consistent and fulfil his potential.

Latest posts