What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I was talking to a guy close to the club yesterday and he said Brooks was 100% playing against the Warriors...take from that what you will. From what I understand Brooks at 6 and AD at centre.

Tigerm

First Grade
I was talking to a guy close to the club yesterday and he said Brooks was 100% playing against the Warriors...take from that what you will. From what I understand Brooks at 6 and AD at centre.
Sounds like BK is getting a lesson on how it works in TigerTown? I.e. he doesn’t actually pick the team?
But I guess we will see?

Tiger05

First Grade

I wouldn't be surprised. Brooks is the click bait generator. I hope AD is at 6 and Brooks in the centres but they name them differently.

Tiger05

First Grade
So 10 years into a career and we have to hire Marshall teach Brooks not to be great but to not be shit.
What a joke. How much longer till we bite the bullet and do what's right for both parties and piss him off.

I just posted on another thread on this. I can't see Brooks remaining in the halves for much longer this season let alone next season.

Phil Gould

Juniors
You can see moves are already being made to let this ebenchuate. I think him stumbling into hooker is his last shred of hope but I don’t think that role suits him. I still think it’s the forwards going backwards lately that really haven’t let him play freely at 5/8 but there are others knocking at the door that deserve a shot. Brookes hasn’t put up much of an argument.

BrotherJim05

Bench
They will put him at hooker for a few games so that we can spin a narrative that it's our fault he is playing shit and another club picks him up to play 7 (because he's awesome at 7 and the Tigers {insert Braith Anasta quote} and pay his full salary.

Tiger05

First Grade
I still think it’s the forwards going backwards lately that really haven’t let him play freely at 5/8 but there are others knocking at the door that deserve a shot. Brookes hasn’t put up much of an argument.

I reckon this nails the issue.

Tiger Ted

Bench
They will put him at hooker for a few games so that we can spin a narrative that it's our fault he is playing shit and another club picks him up to play 7 (because he's awesome at 7 and the Tigers {insert Braith Anasta quote} and pay his full salary.
Unfortunately no club will b silly enough to pay anywhere near his full salary.We will have to accept quiet a steep haircut to move the lemon on.Whatever it costs us for next yr we must sever ties with him.

macnaz

Staff member
When Hastings was playing well and controlling the game everyone thought Brooks was fine at 6... Hastings has been average of late possibly due to injury and the game management has all been thrown back towards Brooks just like he was playing 7 again.
Anyway im happy for him to leave because he will never be given credit for a single positive thing he contributes here.
Give it 12 months and everyone will be saying AD cant tackle & and our halves combo is the slowest and most ineffective in the comp. Guaranteed 100%

gordsy

Juniors
When Hastings was playing well and controlling the game everyone thought Brooks was fine at 6... Hastings has been average of late possibly due to injury and the game management has all been thrown back towards Brooks just like he was playing 7 again.
Anyway im happy for him to leave because he will never be given credit for a single positive thing he contributes here.
Give it 12 months and everyone will be saying AD cant tackle & and our halves combo is the slowest and most ineffective in the comp. Guaranteed 100%
Can we justify paying Brooks 750 - 800k and would he take a pay cut on his next deal or would he want more?? I think a fresh start is needed by all. Unless we can keep him on a bottom dollar contract till Heath Mason is ready ?

Tiger05

First Grade
Can we justify paying Brooks 750 - 800k and would he take a pay cut on his next deal or would he want more?? I think a fresh start is needed by all. Unless we can keep him on a bottom dollar contract till Heath Mason is ready ?

He has one more year on contract. Can anyone see him getting a good contract going forward ? I can't.

Why all the focus on his salary ? We are under the cap.
Why get rid of him an pay for him to play elsewhere ? Despite his faults he plays every freaken game. AD has given us 20 minutes this season. Hastings is already hobbling out there.

I think the club sees Hastings and Doueihi as long term prospects at the club and I doubt they see Brooks that way.

@macnaz - Doueihi will learn to tackle. He hits hard. He just completely misses some at times. Brooks is a better defender now but AD is a big body. He'll come good.

I'd release Brooks if it was a good deal for him and us. If not play him and it that is in reserves so be it.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
He has one more year on contract. Can anyone see him getting a good contract going forward ? I can't.

Why all the focus on his salary ? We are under the cap.
Why get rid of him an pay for him to play elsewhere ? Despite his faults he plays every freaken game. AD has given us 20 minutes this season. Hastings is already hobbling out there.

I think the club sees Hastings and Doueihi as long term prospects at the club and I doubt they see Brooks that way.

@macnaz - Doueihi will learn to tackle. He hits hard. He just completely misses some at times. Brooks is a better defender now but AD is a big body. He'll come good.

I'd release Brooks if it was a good deal for him and us. If not play him and it that is in reserves so be it.
If Brooks really wants out of WT, he can formally ask for a release from the last year of his contract and WT dont have to pay a thing next year and he can go to a new club for whatever he can get as a fair deal.

Yeah, I know pigs fly.......................

Wizardman

First Grade

Latest posts