What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

Ron Jeremy

Coach
yeah - i just struggle to see how we single out a winger for his lack of "runs" and "tackles" when we are playing like busted arses

the ball isn't even getting to him - hard to register a "run" on the stats sheet when you don't have the ball in your hands

I'm not saying he's playing well - no one is!!!!! ..... and no - he's never taken a photo with my kid or smiled at me - lol

funny, Hayne has been crucifed by many when he had a quiet day on the wing for NSW and Parra....why is this situartion different? it just shows that when he isn't finishing of moves thanks to the likes of Hayne he's pretty much useless. You wont see him play well again until Hayne saves our arses yet again.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Couldn't agree more, although he is one of those players that every club has to have.

Suity

What a Claytons.... the player you have when you don't have a player!!!!
the hole in defence you have when you don't have a hole in the defence
the crap game you have when you don't have a crap game
the defeat you have when you don't have a defeat
the missed tackle you have when you don't have a missed tackle
the dropped ball you have when you don't have a dropped ball

Durantula35

Juniors
Vs Cowboys - Updated Stats

1 run for 12m
2 tackles

Lol I didn't want to be the one to bring it up.

"But he was calling for the ball and Wright didn't get it to him" ... yeah right. This is 1st grade footy and Luke's effort levels the past 5 weeks have been very concerning as a fan.

We won last night and im over the moon and not wanting to be negative. but seriously, in my opinion these type of no effort stretches that he's had throughout his career stop him being an Eels legend, despite all his point scoring records. Flame away!

mrpwnd

Bench
Lol I didn't want to be the one to bring it up.

"But he was calling for the ball and Wright didn't get it to him" ... yeah right. This is 1st grade footy and Luke's effort levels the past 5 weeks have been very concerning as a fan.

We won last night and im over the moon and not wanting to be negative. but seriously, in my opinion these type of no effort stretches that he's had throughout his career stop him being an Eels legend, despite all his point scoring records. Flame away!
What can you expect him to do?
If a wingers centre sucks and can't give him the ball, generally they need to look for it, usually in general play around the middle of the ruck. But Burty is hardly the player that can pull off that feat, no physique and pace is dying from his golden days. He's there for his greater positioning as a winner - ie going for the grubbers on his side, supporting Hayne on kick returns or even the occasional grubber kick for himself.
I was watching the game and it was a real quiet game for him, but at the same time I don't see any way he could've injected himself in the game more without harming the eels chances.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
congrats to Lukey on his 500 goals

great achievement for a great clubman

mrpwnd

Bench
he scampered from dummy half once...............<-------more of that?
Maybe, but it'd be better off leaving that to the bigger, faster blokes like Reddy(lol), Inu or Hayne.
Of course, in saying that Burty can't really do much nowadays I would like to see abit more involvement:( Maybe act in as a welfare halfback for 5th tackle options.

Stagger eel

Staff member
playing outside Wright can be regarded as a career killer..

one things for certain, Jono won't be on Burty's Chrissy card list this year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
playing outside Wright can be regarded as a career killer..

one things for certain, Jono won't be on Burty's Chrissy card list this year.

bartman

Immortal
Trying Humble at centre should be in the coach's options this week. At least Humble has some ball distribution skills, and might get it to Burt occasionally. He's catching a cold out there atm.

yy_cheng

Coach
just like how Grothe and Reddy switches during the match. If I was Burt, I would've pushed Wright on the wing for a few plays considering Burt is a senior player and Wright was having a shocker.

Latest posts