What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

Raider_69

Post Whore
Burt is a solid footballer on the decline, he wont be around much longer
i liked what Kenny Sio (sp?) had to offer for them.

Their halves are a mess and they didnt look remotely threatening but Hayne and Tonga will improve them. I still dont rate San-D'oh as a half

God-King Dean

Immortal
A fast track player has a poor night in the wet and he gets his own "myth" thread by some nuffy twat who - with all the avatar potential in the cyber world - choses Henry Wrinkler with his mouth open.

We kept Luke Burt and let you have John Morris. We win.

lol one bad game?

Half of the Parramatta forum have been calling for his head for 2 years.

Loudstrat

Coach
I didnt say "one" bad game. I said "a" bad game. Big difference. Asw big as the difference between "Usain Bolt" and "sane"

the dude

Juniors
Still upset we took Sandow off you? The way you LOL@50uff$ fans are invading the Eels forum it looks like Rusty is creating just as many fake LU accounts as he is creating fake LOL@50uff$ members.

lol, yeah real upset.. he had an absolute blinder on Friday. :lol:

With that coach, Sandow will be the worst buy in years. Enjoy!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol, yeah real upset.. he had an absolute blinder on Friday. :lol:

Kicked well, scored a try. Combined well with Roberts until he went off.

He will form a great combination with Hayne and by the time we play the Bunnies they'll be firing on all cylinders. I hope you're as excited as I am.

With that coach, Sandow will be the worst buy in years. Enjoy!

You reckon we should have stuck with Robson and Mortimer? :lol:

How about Adam Reynolds? :lol::lol::lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Are raiders fans in a position to rate anyone elses half?

What a silly remark to make. Without addressing our halves. How does the quality of our halves impact on our ability to judge other halves in the comp?

based on this mentality, parra fans should now be barred from commenting on the quality of anyone's 5/8th, back row, centres and wingers.

Loudstrat

Coach
What a silly remark to make. Without addressing our halves. How does the quality of our halves impact on our ability to judge other halves in the comp?

based on this mentality, parra fans should now be barred from commenting on the quality of anyone's 5/8th, back row, centres and wingers.
You dont rate Sandow. Yet you threw big $ at Orford - and endured McCrone for a season - happily?

Raider_69

Post Whore
McCrone would be the starting 5/8th for parramatta this year. The only reason he's playing halfback is because of Campese. Who is a walk up start for parramatta.

As for orford, we paid him around 250k, for a dally m winner and premiership winning half, i dont think thats large dollars. You paid 550k for a half who has played 1 finals game in his career. Massive overs.

and you partner him with a journeyman who has never been anything but an average 5/8th. Happily?

So i dont think your one to be questioning the halves of any team

Raider_69

Post Whore
Roberts, Maitua, Tonga, Sio - all pretty good players.

Sio is a talent but still pretty green
Roberts is a journeyman, always has been. He's probably bottom 5 in 5/8ths in the comp. Maitua has had about 5 good games in 4 years. Tonga is good but on the decline

your backline is one of the worst in the league, and your backrow is the worst in the league.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sio is a talent but still pretty green
Roberts is a journeyman, always has been. He's probably bottom 5 in 5/8ths in the comp. Maitua has had about 5 good games in 4 years. Tonga is good but on the decline

Roberts and Maitua have missed a lot of footy through injury and suspension but they're both comeback players. Neither is 30 years old yet and both are internationals. Roberts hold the record for linebreak assists in a single match - a player's best performance needs to be considered when judging his ability.

your backline is one of the worst in the league, and your backrow is the worst in the league.

Maybe so but our fullback, halfback and front row are among the best. That'll make us one-dimensional in attack but also pretty safe.

No way do we have the worst roster though - we finished ahead of the Raiders last year and have added Sandow, Roberts and Tonga. You've only added Campese, who's very good but not the star Raiders fans think he is.

Titans have also recruited well.

Loudstrat

Coach
You started the halves questioning! :lol:

No Campo last year - McCrone played halfback. He's still sh*t.

And :lol: at buying players that are lucky enough to play in premiership wining sides rather than talent.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Roberts and Maitua have missed a lot of footy through injury and suspension but they're both comeback players. Neither is 30 years old yet and both are internationals. Roberts hold the record for linebreak assists in a single match - a player's best performance needs to be considered when judging his ability.

Maybe so but our fullback, halfback and front row are among the best. That'll make us one-dimensional in attack but also pretty safe.

No way do we have the worst roster though - we finished ahead of the Raiders last year and have added Sandow, Roberts and Tonga. You've only added Campese, who's very good but not the star Raiders fans think he is.

Titans have also recruited well.

Titans have recruited well, as have we. And i think we saw the big improvement in our side yesterday, with Campese back and the signing of Berrigan, out fringe defense improved out of sight. The storm scored 4 tries and 3 of them were through kicks.

The eels have some massive issues, their front row is good, their halfback is rocks or diamonds, their fullback is one of the games premiere players. But outside that they dont have a lot.

Hindy is at the end of a great career, so too with Tonga. They've had some set backs with injuries to good key players for them. Matuia is a comeback player and he showed some promise but he's still got to put the runs on the board, same too Roberts, both can be good players but neither still have the runs on the board. At this stage neither can be rated as quality FG footballers based on history.

Sio is a real talent. Rate him big time. But as said, he's green. Loko was a big blow.

Round 1 in early days but the raiders would have put 40 on the eels based on this weeks games. Parra looked impotent in attack and when the blow torch was applied defensively, they cracked. Now they are going to get better when Hayne and Tonga come back but so far in round 1 they are far and away the 2nd worst performance.

On paper they dont look very good, they have some great young talent, so i think in the years to come they will be a good side, but i think 2012 is a going to be another long year. Maybe for us too, but i like our chances more than yours.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well let's have a look how everyone goes after next weekend.

We're playing a side with a lot more defensive weaknesses than Brisbane, and we should have Hayne and Tonga back on deck.

The weather won't matter as much because like us, the Warriors are a dry-weather team. If it's wet it will hurt them as much as it hurts us - little nippy blokes like Burt and Sandow were limited in the wet, as are Johnson and Locke.

I reckon we're at least evens.

Latest posts