What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

AB129*

Juniors
Luke Lewis is an absolute professional. Elite player with a team ethic. Would be a great signing. I would be OK losing Smith if we got Lewis for 3 years.

Great edge runner with footwork and ball skills.

Assuming Smith went, Gallen would then play middle backrow (same position he plays for NSW and Australia) with Graham left edge and Lewis right. Bakuya would be the edge back row bench option. Lots of creativity and toughness with that lot and all signed for a few years.

We would still be a centre short but there is time to do a deal. Very impressed if this gets pulled off. Signing 2 origin players for next year. Well done.

Agree on Lewis. Obviously a gun and would be unstoppable running off Todd.

But I'd be concerned that we then don't really have a role for a expensive Toops- not even off the bench. He's not a prop and Graham, Lewis and Bukuya are all 60 mins + players.

And we would need another 'tight' forward or we're left with Green/Taufua again who aren't really up to it. OUr ruck D- something that's won us games this year- would suffer.

Bukuya only signed for next year too. Might lose him, might not.

Last edited:

Danger

Juniors
I don't like the idea of losing Jez so we can get Lewis. Otherwise next year come origin time, we'll be fugged.

Also, the idea of Gal, Jez & Lewis in the back row makes me jizz in my pants!

Get rid Of Toops.

Weaponhead

Coach
If the choice is Smith for 1 year or Lewis for 3, I take Lewis every time.

Yes, Origin period will stretch us. A backrow of Graham, Bakuya and Toops would still get the job done.

Toops will have a limited role as he now has 2 bad knees. I think he can still offer us something if his recovery goes OK. He is signed for next year and I don't see us moving him on unless he got a multi-year offer from the UK. We could try to manage him out (like Penrith have done to Lewis) but is it worth the disruption when we are going well.

M2D2

Bench
Imagine,

8. Gibbs
9. Degois
10. Gallen
11. Smith
12. Lewis
13. Graham

14. Fafita
15. Bakuya
16. Toops
17. Ross

No idea how we'd fit them all under the cap.. Smith might end up leaving?
Were also lacking a utility off that bench as De Gois cant play 80.

Danger

Juniors
If the choice is Smith for 1 year or Lewis for 3, I take Lewis every time.

Yes, Origin period will stretch us. A backrow of Graham, Bakuya and Toops would still get the job done.

Toops will have a limited role as he now has 2 bad knees. I think he can still offer us something if his recovery goes OK. He is signed for next year and I don't see us moving him on unless he got a multi-year offer from the UK. We could try to manage him out (like Penrith have done to Lewis) but is it worth the disruption when we are going well.

If you put it like that then yeah, makes perfect sense. I'd just hate to see Jez back at the stains.

Were also lacking a utility off that bench as De Gois cant play 80.

We would have utility to start at crunch Lewis can cover all positions.

We have replacement for Morris, Townsend could cover the backup hooker, or the young Lichaa in the 20's things are looking good.

Irvin will be very interested in what Lewis has to say re Jennings, in should we go after him or not, does he have right attitude.

How about we continue our Panthers players raid, Coote next to ask for release fullback then covered as well

M2D2

Bench
In that lineup there was nobody to come on to take de gois position so that lineup would never happen, im not saying we dont have a utility on the books.
And the under 20 hookers are ordinary.

M2D2

Bench
Ben Creagh made the NSW team. Still doesnt change my thoughts on him. :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
I'll be a very happy chappy too with a Lewis signing, but being a Sharkie supporter for a long long time, I will wait to the ink has dried on the contract.

M2D2

Bench
Tim Smith had talent when he was young too. Didnt stop him becoming horrible.
All i know is when i watch the under 20's this year i see a lack of heart from all across the park, Even that big ass prop that looks like he could kill somebody drop the ball and be lazy. All of em look like they want to rest on said talent and show no heart.
Thats my opinion on most of the 20's and ive yet to see anything to change my mind.

carinashark

First Grade
I would take Smith over Lewis any day. But if we could off load Toops! And can we even afford Lewis, lets remember what we have in the bank!

Special K

Coach
Big League reported we are 300k under the cap for this season - before punting Kelly. I'd say we would have to move Smith on though... Gee I hope we can get this done. Surely other clubs would be throwing buckets of cash at Lewis.

drago brelli

Bench
Apparently will be seeking a release from the Panthers and is announcing this at 2pm.

Could he be our solution in the centres? Some kind of player that bloke, I love him.

Anyone heard anything?
It's on the Tele crap's site, he' going to one of 15 clubs.

M2D2

Bench
Were not going to be able to offload Toops. Nobody is going to come within 50% of what we will be/have been paying him, so put that idea to bed. Smith however other teams will want.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Love Luke, but we have Gallen.

Not for us, they should fugg off Cleary and keep Luke.

He will land on his feet somewhere, he is a quality player and person.

Gallen=God

Juniors
He should be used at centre. I know he hasn't played there for awhile but he'd have to be at least as fast as Best and Pom. Plus he's a better tackler, ball player and a harder runner than Best. Backline of Gordon, Stapes, Pom, Lewis, prob Wright (Safe), Carney and Robbo

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors
Everyone keeps dissing Toops - he's going to be our X-factor in the finals!

Give the man a break and a chance to play match-winning footy again. With him in our line-up, we're a MUCH better attacking team.