What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

yy_cheng

Coach
Your sh1 t is getting old. People like u should go and support manly. Scum should support scum

no matter how good he was for the club and no matter how many records he's broken, when your times up, your times up.

LOL...Burt>>>>Hayne tonight. No surprise the same spastic is spouting the same rubbish

Burt was better than Hayne ? Right. I will say he has one thing, and thats a blind loyal group of fans. Whoever wants to make this personal against me for stating my opinion PM me, i dont wanna get in public slanging matches.

jk13

First Grade
U 2 book a room. I'm defending Burt and hayne. We have hayne and Burt vs Pearce, anasta and mini. Yet we only lose by 1 point. If anything our forwards didn't dominate against a bunch of inexperienced but enthusiastic rooster forwards

bartman

Immortal
Which was your favourite Burt moment from tonights game John?
Hmm, maybe setting up Hayne's try?

At the ground, for the three tackles before you could see Burt pointing and positioning with the backline outside him, all preparing to put Hayne at that gap and at the right angle.

On TV I guess it's easy to give all the credit for the try to Hayne, but at the ground you see how much of a lost sheep Hayne looked in attack pretty much all night, and how much pointing him to the right places Burt does. Imagine if you could have Burt's brain in Jarryd's body - that would be worth $500K p.a.?

Hmm, maybe setting up Hayne's try?

At the ground, for the three tackles before you could see Burt pointing and positioning with the backline outside him, all preparing to put Hayne at that gap and at the right angle.

On TV I guess it's easy to give all the credit for the try to Hayne, but at the ground you see how much of a lost sheep Hayne looked in attack pretty much all night, and how much pointing him to the right places Burt does. Imagine if you could have Burt's brain in Jarryd's body - that would be worth $500K p.a.?

Yeah i saw that, he said Jarryd we'll run this set backline move we've run over and over and over again this year..in fact, its our only attacking play. stand outside me, i'll throw you the ball well before im in danger of getting hit and you step around 3 guys, step around the fullback and get to the line.
Correct, Luke is a genius, i'm willing to forgive the multiple lack of effort plays for this try he set up alone.

Tank30

Juniors
Burt should retire at the end of the season....Great clubman but his time is over....Doesn't even attempt to catch the high ball and his defence is atrocious...

bartman

Immortal
Yeah i saw that, he said Jarryd we'll run this set backline move we've run over and over and over again this year..in fact, its our only attacking play. stand outside me, i'll throw you the ball well before im in danger of getting hit and you step around 3 guys, step around the fullback and get to the line.
Correct, Luke is a genius, i'm willing to forgive the multiple lack of effort plays for this try he set up alone.
Sarcasm aside, I actually think they're using Burt to teach Hayne how to get his mojo back atm. A very lacklustre Hayne wouldn't have created anything out of that run tonight, if Burt didn't lay it out for him first. Hayne was almost a passenger out there in attack tonight, didn't seem to know where to stand or what to do. I hope all this training pays off for him next season!

Id replace him with anyone willing to have a go. Its ok to make mistakes through effort... its not ideal but it happens.

He lacks effort, especially when it will end up in contact. Everything else he does is shit, his ball playing is average, his kicking game is average, his line drop outs regularly go 35metres on the fly. The only thing he does to 1st grade standard is kick goals, and that won't be needed next year. Disgrace of a player, if you're not going to put your body on the line when 16 other blokes are, get off the field.

Sarcasm aside, I actually think they're using Burt to teach Hayne how to get his mojo back atm. A very lacklustre Hayne wouldn't have created anything out of that run tonight, if Burt didn't lay it out for him first. Hayne was almost a passenger out there in attack tonight, didn't seem to know where to stand or what to do. I hope all this training pays off for him next season!

Thankyou for stating your opinion without resorting to personal attacks. I don't agree with it but you're certainly entitled to it !!

jk13

First Grade
Who should have Kearney picked to replace Burt tonight? C'mon ash, u seem to be able to criticise, give me a solution that would hav won the nite

I know morts would have appreciated the opportunity to play wing in defence and 5/8 in attack and save himself from making 40 tackles.

lol but seriously, i wouldn't care as long as they did whatever they could to win. My 1st preference probably would have been Humble but Mortimer and Maitua could do a job there.

jk13

First Grade
Yeah, I could see morts doing 45 tackles on those islander boys tonight. They would not of hidden him on the wing in defense. Rein played a solid lock role with at least one mistake in attack.