What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke THE CAT Burt

jk13

First Grade
I don't get this humble crap. I heard kryptonite weakens him hence their reluctance to play him

To be honest Morts isnt a 1st grader, neither is Keating..but theyre out there having a go so im not going to lay the boot into them like I am Burt.

Anyone who will have a go buddy. If Burt can honestly say that he is giving 100% then he should retire because he has nothing left. If he isn't giving 100% then he should retire for being an unprofessional pussy. He should just retire.

jk13

First Grade
To me, the pussy is the keyboard hero who has never played Nrl, but can personally attack a player that has done it for a long time. I admit Burt ain't perfect, but he's stronger than someone like Dugan who sits out a game cause his pimple got infected

To me, the pussy is the keyboard hero who has never played Nrl, but can personally attack a player that has done it for a long time. I admit Burt ain't perfect, but he's stronger than someone like Dugan who sits out a game cause his pimple got infected

to me the pussy is the one who resorts to that line.

Chris Hicks hasnt played in the NRL for a couple of years, is a none regular 1st grader and is contributing more effort than Burt.

jk13

First Grade
Not resorting to it, I just have more respect for people regardless of their imperfections. One day I hope Burt can be as perfect as u and bring home the trophy

oldmancraigy

Coach
LOL...Burt>>>>Hayne tonight. No surprise the same spastic is spouting the same rubbish

offer_OPSM2.jpg

Mate, you might have good reason to be antagonistic towards Schaeffer, but face the facts, on current form (ie this year) Burt is probably the worst winger in the NRL.

For a 200 game veteran, he has been impotent. No surprise Kearney has told him he can look elsewhere, and (like Morts) it'll be no surprise that nobody else wants anything to do with him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I've given up on him. I've decided that Luke Burt is either:
(a) the most selfish player in the NRL.
OR
(b) has money on us to win the spoon

Since I can't believe (b) it leaves me thinking he's simply selfish.

We could get one of those kids who played at halftime out there on the wing, and they'd do a better job of catching bombs, and would've made more effort to tackle Takairangi. Consistently letting bombs bounce and his "efforts" defensively have led me to believe that he's the most selfish player in the NRL.

I wonder what the rest of the team thinks? They're busting their humps all night long defensively, and then Burt just runs out of the line and stands next to a bloke not moving. I'd call it an attempted tackle, but that is harsh on the word tackle.

Hicks is 34, much older than Luke, but far more professional and far more team oriented. Hayne lobs one over his head early in the game, Hicks puts up his hand and says 'my bad I was out of position.' Hayne throws one at his bootlaces - Hicks doesn't blow up at Jarryd, but winces about the missed chance.

Keating doesn't pass to Burt, he throws his head back like he's been shot, moans and whinges in the in-goal, and doesn't get back in the line for the next play.

I hope someone who knows Luke reads this forum: Tell him to stop being so selfish and start putting in for his mates.
Your buddy Hindy made 70 tackles, how can you look him in the eye at training this week after that 'attempt' - there's simply no excuse.
Hayne and Hicks caught a bunch of bombs, how can you look them in the eye after repeatedly pulling your arms away AND making Morgan catch one for you?

stop being so selfish and start putting in for your mates - or get lost and don't come back.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But it we don't have Burt who will point at other players and marshall the troops from the back??? Thats far more important than a fullback/winger willing to take bombs and tackle..........

strider

Post Whore
wow i was wrong - i thought there were only 3 whiny bitch threads - but there's 4 - we've out-done ourselves

Delboy

First Grade
Luke has been getting worse this year, and as I said in another thread, he should only be a back up at best.

That attempted tackle was something I would pull my U10 player off the field, very unprofessional and don't talk about the bombs.

I acknowledge he is a long term favourite, but he and others show why a revamp of the club is going on and was badly needed. I dont blame the coach, with this line up ( no halves or centres) how we get close in games shows we are on the right track, bring on 2012

yy_cheng

Coach
But it we don't have Burt who will point at other players and marshall the troops from the back??? Thats far more important than a fullback/winger willing to take bombs and tackle..........

and that's why burt should retire and become an onfield trainer

Delboy

First Grade
We are past the time for teary eyed support for some of our team and need to be realistic about what the offer, and it is very hard to watch the demise of a couple of our favourite players, but it happens in sport.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Luke has been getting worse this year, and as I said in another thread, he should only be a back up at best.

That attempted tackle was something I would pull my U10 player off the field, very unprofessional and don't talk about the bombs.

I acknowledge he is a long term favourite, but he and others show why a revamp of the club is going on and was badly needed. I dont blame the coach, with this line up ( no halves or centres) how we get close in games shows we are on the right track, bring on 2012

Yeah Del, but having said all that, if Hayne's miracle field goal against Saints had landed, we'd have won most of those close games.

It's simple confidence and trust in execution, it's what a real halfback brings to the table, and because we don't have one, we don't trust our game when it gets close.

If we said that the team looked like headless chickens in the final 10 minutes last night, that wouldn't be unfair.
Confidence in winning close games leads to results in winning other close games.

Personally I think Kearney has done a great job - but back on the topic of this thread, I'm shattered at Burt's games this year.
To say he's been generally hopeless is spot on. The bomb thing is unbelievable, and I can't see how we can call that thing he did an attempted tackle. If he'd run backwards out of the defensive line and over the dead ball line, he'd have been more effective.

I honestly don't know how he can square up to guys like Matuia at training, and honestly tell them he's giving his all - he's clearly not at the moment.

His game was a step worse last year than the year before, and now I think he's just out there to score tries, kick goals and set records for himself. apologies if that offends anyone's sensibilities, but it just doesn't look like he's out there for the team anymore. I can't think of any winger in the comp who puts in less for his mates.....

oldmancraigy

Coach
and that's why burt should retire and become an onfield trainer

I think he was joking mate.

The joke is that people say Burt does that well from fullback, but the numbers show that in games he plays fullback (over 10 years) we have a 30% win record and are hopeless defensively (almost 30ppg against on average in games he played FB)

yy_cheng

Coach
Since his leg injury, I have stated he hardly puts his body on the line and I can understand why.

If the mind nor the body isn't up to it anymore, then.......

Gronk

Staff member
I have said for a while that Lukey will struggle to get a gig next season. A few fast young kids in the wings and Sandow potting 80% will make him redundant.

Love him to death though.