What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Walsh

abpanther

Staff member
Walsh will be selected next week.Graham should be there but you can not put a talented player in one of the way of a elliott master mind signing like walsh
in reality it will not matter as the injury toll out of tonight is huge

waterhouse season
pritchard 2 weeks minumun
lewis possibly gone at least a week

Are those injuries confirmed?

BOMAR

Juniors
simple he is not a first grade halfback.But we have no other in the club.Next in line is mathew moylan our u20 half he is at least a year away.
Walsh has a poor kicking game just does not take controll
Moylan hasnt played in the 1/2's since beginning of the year. Dont know that he would be the answer, pretty much out of walshes mould.

maple_69

Bench
Meh i think its more Elliotts gameplan than Walsh. Maybe well see a less restricted gameplan now that its all on the line. Injuries don't help but at least we still have the depth for the next couple weeks. We'd be utterly screwed in this situation next year.
Would be nice if seijka came along next year so we have options.

Fibroman

First Grade
I've said it before. Walsh is a speed bump in defence. Graham is too slow. Personally I think Burns is the pick of the 3 of them at the moment.

I commented to Kilkenny a few times during the game that Walsh didn't take the line on himself.

Our game plan is too predictable.

Jennings had a shocker, but the reason he has had a poor season is that the ball never gets to him. Predictable inside balls to a forward standing flat footed. pfffft

chrisD

Coach
I've not seen Grahams play limited by a lack of speed. Besides, if he is too slow you could argue his ability to break tackles or carry defenders and offload makes up for it.

In attack Walsh is at best a second half, he could maintain a first grade spot inside a more dominant 6, but then he's such a massive liability in defence he's not really worth it. We run everything through him, and besides his attacking kicking game and organisation he's junk.

abpanther

Staff member
Maybe his ankle was still restricting him, but he has to take the line on next week. Even his long kicking game was poor last night, a couple of early tackle kicks too which were sh*thouse.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Walsh took one run last week for 2 metres. Just unacceptable. He actually not a bad runner, he got some speed and a decent step, just needs to be more confident and change it up every now and then.

TheFrog

Coach
Maybe his ankle was still restricting him, but he has to take the line on next week. Even his long kicking game was poor last night, a couple of early tackle kicks too which were sh*thouse.

If Walsh is not 100% fit, I would join the chorus to have Graham in his place.

However, with Coote looking certain to return, I think Elliott will go with Walsh due to the combination these two had earlier in the season.

Pritchard is definitely out, Grant doubtful and Lewis is likely to play.

Doomednow

Bench
We can hope his return his a bonus, he hasn't played since July though, might not find his feet in time...

maple_69

Bench
Even if all it does is force Elliott to dump turtle it will be a huge boost. With him in the side I'd say we have the team to top the roosters, despite injuries, just a matter of attitude.

betcats

Referee
Walsh need to man the f*ck up and start running the ball a bit more or get the f*ck out of the NRL.

franklin2323

Immortal
Walsh need to man the f*ck up and start running the ball a bit more or get the f*ck out of the NRL.

Before his injury he was running it on the last etc. His little dummy and step he may not be 100% fit. If that's the case he shouldn't play it's the semi we need 17 fit blokes giving it 100%

betcats

Referee
well if hes not fit he shouldnt play as youve said, this catch and pass crap is doing nothing for us.

maple_69

Bench
Another point. This should be directed at Elliott probably because a few of our players love doing it. Can we PLEASE stop with the inside ball. It is a rubbish, predictable play which I've only seen work once.
How anyone can think turning the ball inside to a runner, not into a half hole, but into two big blokes can be a better option than spreading the ball further, and maybe our backs seeing the ball, is beyond me.
The Sharks love this play to and we know how rubbish they are in attack.

The Realist

Juniors
I'm happy as long as a can spew my bile at Walsh/Elliot....

But seriously Walsh is freakin useless. Worst defence in the NRL by a LONG WAY. Daylight is 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Seriously overrated 'organising' ability (it is not even average for a 1st Grade halfback)

Decent (not great) Attacking kicks.

Very poor field kicking

Poor motivator

Average at best passing game

Very limited running game - not even close to NRL standard.

Sounds like the perfect halfback to lead a boring, predictable yet ironically disorganised Elliot team.

If it weren't for the talents of Pritchard, Lewis, Coote, Jennings, Gordon and the emergence of Grant & McKendry to help out big Civ and the House we'd have already had our Mad Monday celebrations.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm happy as long as a can spew my bile at Walsh/Elliot....

But seriously Walsh is freakin useless. Worst defence in the NRL by a LONG WAY. Daylight is 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Seriously overrated 'organising' ability (it is not even average for a 1st Grade halfback)

Decent (not great) Attacking kicks.

Very poor field kicking

Poor motivator

Average at best passing game

Very limited running game - not even close to NRL standard.

Sounds like the perfect halfback to lead a boring, predictable yet ironically disorganised Elliot team.

If it weren't for the talents of Pritchard, Lewis, Coote, Jennings, Gordon and the emergence of Grant & McKendry to help out big Civ and the House we'd have already had our Mad Monday celebrations.

I tend to agree.

chrisD

Coach
I disagree. Walsh has this team running like f**king clockwork, you can set your watch to our plays and defences do. And provided distance isn't a factor Walsh is the most accurate high kicker in the game, and among the best short along the ground. He'd be perfect at 7 with a dominant ball playing 6 like say Barrett or Campo, if his defence wasn't so awful. Problem would still be a dominant 6 would have to compete for the ball with what Walsh already has planned, it's why Walsh at 7 and Graham at 6 didn't work, Graham would just not get any ball in quality field position.

Elliot has to take a lot of the blame, Walsh running things at 7 and Graham being able to play what he saw and get the ball when he called it probably would have been our best bet this season, far too late now though.