What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon quits Manly, signs with Titans

Loudstrat

Coach
Oh well, Slothfield's latest quality piece of garbage at least increased LU by 162 posts, and took the heat of Nathan Tinkler's glory hole attendants on the other thread :lol:

I cannot imagine how Slothfield got onto the story anyway. Must have has a text from inside the Titans camp.

I could imagine when he got the text - sitting at the bar at Northies rambling about the time he bought a kebab with Sammy Davis Jnr "'eesss a f**ken top bloke 'eeeee ish" before lurching into a slurred version of Danny Boy while fumbling for the plate of free beer nuts. Then he hears the message come through, and searches all his pockets twice, then finding it on the counter under his Winnie Reds. He opens the message and moves his arm backwards and forwards untill he focuses. "whaarrts this? Lyn's gunna get some tits? Geez, shezz already got a caaarrple of big ones ay har har har *wheeze* *cough* *fall of stool* - gets back up, and reads it properly - "Faarrrkkkk - gotta scoop - geez I bedda get ta work" Sculls the dreggs of his Reschs, picks up his smokes and his hat, staggers off his chair, trips over a table, spills his smokes all over some young chick "soooory luuuv" grabs her tits by mistake, knocks over her drink, apoligises again, farts, staggers in a zig zag to the door and yells "taaaxiii - wheeerrrs a faarrking taaaaxiiii when a bloke neeeds one", mumbles something about lebanese and the war, and disappears.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Oh well, Slothfield's latest quality piece of garbage at least increased LU by 162 posts, and took the heat of Nathan Tinkler's glory hole attendants on the other thread :lol:

I cannot imagine how Slothfield got onto the story anyway. Must have has a text from inside the Titans camp.

I could imagine when he got the text - sitting at the bar at Northies rambling about the time he bought a kebab with Sammy Davis Jnr "'eesss a f**ken top bloke 'eeeee ish" before lurching into a slurred version of Danny Boy while fumbling for the plate of free beer nuts. Then he hears the message come through, and searches all his pockets twice, then finding it on the counter under his Winnie Reds. He opens the message and moves his arm backwards and forwards untill he focuses. "whaarrts this? Lyn's gunna get some tits? Geez, shezz already got a caaarrple of big ones ay har har har *wheeze* *cough* *fall of stool* - gets back up, and reads it properly - "Faarrrkkkk - gotta scoop - geez I bedda get ta work" Sculls the dreggs of his Reschs, picks up his smokes and his hat, staggers off his chair, trips over a table, spills his smokes all over some young chick "soooory luuuv" grabs her tits by mistake, knocks over her drink, apoligises again, farts, staggers in a zig zag to the door and yells "taaaxiii - wheeerrrs a faarrking taaaaxiiii when a bloke neeeds one", mumbles something about lebanese and the war, and disappears.

That is some funny shit... Well written!

applesauce

Bench
Titans are the definition amateur hour. Trying to sign a 31 (turns 31 next week) to a 4 year deal when their biggest problem is age of their squad. They have the worst jerseys in the league, most expensive seats and are on the brink of financial ruin; fmd get your act together.

webbland

Juniors
ok 1 bs story down, where is the other one accusing MANLY of sc breaches?
it's the off season nothing but bs and c*.k s@cking going on.
next, it will be did you hear who is gay for the broncs or something like that
no player has gotten into a fight at the rocks,so there is no news. carry on with our SSDD lives

webbland

Juniors
answer to the gay line is............................................................................

all of them

t-ba

Post Whore
Can't blame Jamie Lyon for this. Probably didn't even envisage another big contract considering his age. He'd be mad not too at least try and get a release.

Just like Manly would be mad to give it to him.

As for the Titans, I'm not sure he's what they need. He doesn't seem the type of guy who is going to stay in the game after he retires (He'll be back out bush as soon as possible), he is starting to break down a little bit and at his age it's going to get more and more difficult to get back up. He'd be amazing for the younger players, whether they be backs or halves to learn off of, but that's a big chunk of the cap wasted on a guy in his twilight years.

I personally hope he stays at Manly but wouldn't blame him for leaving (Frankly, he's done enough for our club and will always be a Manly legend). We need him here for at least another season to help Foran and DCE along.

some11

Referee

:lol::lol::lol:

Iafeta

Referee
I have to agree with all of that. Where are their juniors for F sake

All coming through their Centre of Excellence - a concept so brilliant that their CEO who put it in place is odds on to be the next NRL CEO. Oh wait, its 2013, and we've since found it he and it are shonks.

Special K

Coach
Rothfield didn't break this "story" anyway. Other people, including journo's, were tweeting about it before it appeared on the DT site.

But anyway, if someone from the Titans or Lyon's management rings Slothfield and gives him a tip "off the record" then the Sloth has two choices - Write the story knowing there will be no way of proving it because nobody will go on the record and cop a pizzling from places like this, or leave it to the other paper to write. Judging by the reaction in this forum alone he can easily justify writing it.
Doesn't matter. I'm not a manly fan, I don't follow their rumours and I find it interesting. Also if it was Gallen offered a huge contract to break his deal with us and he asked for a release I would like to read about it rather then not know.

Lyon agreed to terms, and he went of early. He still may be right and I'm glad he shared the info with the public. Must suck having your captain want out.

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
If it is true ... IF .... Then can we really blame Lyon for taking the money? Seriously at his age that is as good as a lotto win.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Titans are the definition amateur hour. Trying to sign a 31 (turns 31 next week) to a 4 year deal when their biggest problem is age of their squad. They have the worst jerseys in the league, most expensive seats and are on the brink of financial ruin; fmd get your act together.

Do they really have an age problem now? Prince / Preston / rogers are all gone. Only really bailey is an old timer

Latest posts