What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon: Sorry

The Colonel

Immortal
But hang on, aren't the players going to channel the fans feelings and focus on Lyon instead of the game? :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he was on Foxsports this morning, basically playing ignorant

he didn't think there was still any animosity and most of the players have left

it really sounded to me like he was either trying to talk it down or pretend it doesn't exist

he wasn't very convincing

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Lyon is a softc**k. Im sure all his team mates at Manly can feel it. He has already dumped team mates in the past. Im sure that doesn't sit well with some of the Manly boys. I couldn't care less if he gets smashed and doesn't play origin. He is a good player but a dog of a person. In saying that we need to forget about him and play Manly not Lyon. He has been playing well so far this season but so have a lot of other players around him. Defensively Inu is no where near as good as Lyon so I think that B.Smith should shadow him. This game will be won on the back of a better defensive game.

Bigfella

Coach
aren't the players going to channel the fans feelings and focus on Lyon instead of the game

And don't forget, if the fans concentrate too much on lyon, their are plenty of other manly players and officials we may miss out on abusing:

1. Brent Kite - "lucky to be alive" after fui's tackle yet mysteriously played the week after the judiciary hearing
2. Anthony Watmough
3. Shane "Camel" Dunley (PJ don't forget your raincoat)
4. Peter "Thanks for Witt" fat bastard Peters
5. Noel "Whiteant" Cleal"

I woudn't like to think we take our eyes off any of those guys in focusing too much on the pig.

And that's without even thinking about some of the Manly trolls like Cliffy is Dog and his mates...

WA Eel

Juniors
Eela, it was a long time ago, but if memory serves me right, it was back when Mick Cronin was still coaching Parra. The Adamson boys left Parra for Penrith, then came out and made a few statements about the club, in particular the role of Ron Masey and how, apparently to get a run in first grade you needed to basically kiss his butt.

Lets just say these comments certainly weren't taken well by either the club or the players and they made their feelings known the next time they played Penrith.

Stagger eel

Staff member
WA Eel said:
Eela, it was a long time ago, but if memory serves me right, it was back when Mick Cronin was still coaching Parra. The Adamson boys left Parra for Penrith, then came out and made a few statements about the club, in particular the role of Ron Masey and how, apparently to get a run in first grade you needed to basically kiss his butt.

Lets just say these comments certainly weren't taken well by either the club or the players and they made their feelings known the next time they played Penrith.

I'm pretty sure that comment came from Matt who's mouth is still bigger than his body, later in their careers Phil Adamson was cut by Penrith and looked at a possible return to Parramatta but we wouldn't have a bar of it, the same thing happened to Glenn Liddiard when he sqirmed his way out of the last year of his contract and had 4 horrible seasons which saw him at Penrith, norths, England and South Queensland before he tried to resume with his career with us and was given the same treatment as Phil...Thanks but no thanks. ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Glen Liddiard ended up playing RU for cellar dwellers Penrith, IIRC. Might have even ended up coach I think.

Freak2

Juniors
Putting it bluntly - This is the biggest game we have played since the 2001 Grand Final IMO!

The recent history and sheer rivalry between these 2 great clubs is folklaw like.

And when we win come Friday night I will be looking for 1 NOEL SCUM OF THE EARTH CLEAL to give him the biggest spray you could ever imagine!!

Fire up peoples this is MANLY!! The dirtiest cheating scumbags of them all!!

I don't think Parramatta supporters truly calculate the damage Noel and boyfriend Lyon did to our great club.

Freak2 said:
Putting it bluntly - This is the biggest game we have played since the 2001 Grand Final IMO!

The recent history and sheer rivalry between these 2 great clubs is folklaw like.

And when we win come Friday night I will be looking for 1 NOEL SCUM OF THE EARTH CLEAL to give him the biggest spray you could ever imagine!!

I don't think Parramatta supporters truly calculate the damage Noel and boyfriend Lyon did to our great club.

Freak2, Find me first we can go Noel Hunting together. I bet he will be sitting in the Dressing Room Crying into his Beard if we get up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:

it could also be argued that Noal's done more damage to our club than Jamie ;-) but best we don't go down that route. :D

Freak2

Juniors
I don't buy Nath's story to the media either. I know how much the players crave for that premiership and the damage that these muppets did to our 2005 campaign!

You don't get opportunities like that too often!!

There is plenty of long term pain and motivation to win this game and no Steven home team Clarke to save them this year either!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously, there is nothing better than the Parramatta - Manly hatred.

I love it!!!

I hope we smash the fish f**kers.

Suity

carson

Juniors
If Cleal staying is part of Lyon's contract shouldn't Cleal's salary count towards the cap, or does this only apply to conventional spouses?

Suitman

Post Whore
carson said:
If Cleal staying is part of Lyon's contract shouldn't Cleal's salary count towards the cap, or does this only apply to conventional spouses?

:lol:

Suity

^b0ss^

Juniors
thought i would show you guys a image that i still love to this day

PLEASE PLEASE someone take this to the ground :)
image001cy0.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well said Hindy :clap:

What a class act, on and off the field :cool:

"I couldn't care less actually," Eels forward Nathan Hindmarsh said of going up against Lyon.

"We just want to win.

"That thing with 'Killer' happened years and years ago and I was over that after about two days.

"I couldn't care less that he up and left, I've got my own backyard to worry about."

Asked if he was hurt by Lyon leaving to join the Sea Eagles via stints with NSW country side Wee Waa and English club St Helens, Hindmarsh said: "Hurt? Was that a serious question? No, I wasn't hurt."

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
i would love to see a manly jersy with lyons number on the back and the name judas above....it was done when saha when to man u.....imo it will be perfect

Parra Guru

Coach
^b0ss^ said:
thought i would show you guys a image that i still love to this day

PLEASE PLEASE someone take this to the ground :)
image001cy0.jpg

should we have a banner making comp for the return fixture?

Latest posts