What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

Utey

Coach
Yeah Iam talking about after they huddle and it says for example type:punt play: punt block.

Caged Panther

First Grade
So as I mentioned I won a copy of Madden on the 360 but it's a promotional copy with no instruction mannual add to that I don't really understand the concepts of the game it's based on. So I have NFI.

Can someone give me a clue?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Caged Panther said:
So as I mentioned I won a copy of Madden on the 360 but it's a promotional copy with no instruction mannual add to that I don't really understand the concepts of the game it's based on. So I have NFI.

Can someone give me a clue?

I'm not sure what you mean...

Are you unsure as to how to play the game (as in, what NFL is all about)?

Or are you unsure how to play the Madden 06 game?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Went back for a little bit of a go last night got more of a handle on how to play Madden but not really sure of the concepts behind NFL.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Ok guys..

Here's my story!

My PS2 died a few months back, more than that actually..It was last year I think. Was an original console that I bought back before christmas 2001. I knew they had a lifespan of 5'ish years but totally ignored it.

Anyway, freshly bought San Andreas I was having a blast untill grunts started to come from the machine, then came the lag and finally I had a 1-5 chance of successfully loading a game.

Off to uni with f*ckall income so a new PS2 was completely out of the books.

Anyway I was over at the Mrs' a few weeks ago playing Canis Canim Edit and piped up that I miss my PS2. Last night whilst out doing some Chrissy shopping she takes me into GW and asks me which two games I'd like with a PS2 for christmas...The usual cheap, sh*tty games are available, I decided to take advantage of having a young,blonde haired, blue eyed girl with me and "made" her ask the guys at the counter if I could simply select two pre-onwed instead. They choked out an "ok", so I managed to find Madden 2006 and Fight Night 3 (or 2?)..Both $50 +! The look on the guys face when the Mrs brought those to the counter was priceless..

Anyway, I've never watched a game of NFL, have zero knowledge what so ever and merely chose it due to the good reviews and in depth gameplay. It was also one of the untouched sports games for me.

Can anyone help out a serious noob?

Jono078

Referee
Basically do all the training camp stuff and the mode where it takes you through all attacking set plays (forgot what its called for 06).

That's how I started out anyway lol, took me awhile to get good at it, but thats probably the best way IMO.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
do alot of run plays early on..try not to do scramble with the qb as much and just control the defensive line, dont worry about the other positions, overtime you can move to the safties and etc.

its not too hard to figure out..alot of people get turned off just because they think its complicated.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eelementary's Tips On How To Be A Successful NFL Player ;-)

* In defense, I always select the MLB (Middle Linebacker). The reason for this is that by choosing the MLB, you can chase down the running back if they run, and you can blitz the QB (quarterback) if they decide to pass by using the gaps created by your Defensive Line.

* In offense, short routes (slants, curls, etc.) are your friends. DON'T give in to the temptation to always throw long passes - the CPU will pick up on it. Besides, in a 3rd and 2 situation, a curl (or running play) is far more effective (and likely to work) than a 90-yard screamer.

* Once you get better, learn when to crash in your D-Line and when to spread it; likewise with your Linebackers. By spreading them/crashing them in, you make your secondary defense that much more adept at stopping certain plays. To crash in your D-Line, press L1 and press down; to spread it touch press L1 and up; the same goes for Linebackers but with R1 instead.

* By using the right analogue stick, you can change the defensive player who is under your control's defensive duty - push down to make him blitz, and push up to make him drop back into coverage for the pass.

* For short gains, I suggest you pass the ball to your fullback. Don't worry about sprinting - just run towards the first down line and use the truck stick. Mosr fullbacks are strong in the game, and should be able toe asily break tackles.

* If you lightly press the pass button, you throw a lob pass; if you hold it down, you throw a bullet passes. Lobs give you more time to catch the ball, but they are also more likely to be intercepted. Bullet passes can be less accurate, but are harder to pick.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
f**king game.

You have a season going along great and you get hit with a 4 game losing streak...losing 5 of your last 7 to barely scrape into the playoffs.

At least the game doesn't completely go on with the job when they built huge leads. Philly had me down 31-0 after just over one quarter and 38-6 at half time and i only lost 47-20.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Eelementary said:
And mate - I highly recommend you watch the training videos. They really do help!

Cheers mate.

After studying the handbook, I'll treat the practice's and videos like a religion.

After sooking for her present early, I managed to get mine early too..:)

..Just got a massive new telly as well..:crazy::crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
CC_Eagle said:
Cheers mate.

After studying the handbook, I'll treat the practice's and videos like a religion.

After sooking for her present early, I managed to get mine early too..:)

..Just got a massive new telly as well..:crazy::crazy:

Nice!

Once you get the hang of the game, you'll be playing it like a pro in no time!

Frederick

Staff member
EELE! I've got Madden07 for the Wii being given to me for Xmas. When I finally get to play it, you're going to be my coach. Think of it as you're the Bill Parcells to my Tony Romo...except not, as I hate them both, and don't really remember the names of any other coaches and quarterbacks from any teams I like :fist:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
HB plays are f*cking great.

My HB scored 4 TD in one game, all 20 ft +!

Starting to get the hang of it, on Rookie I won my first game (5 min 1/4's) 67 -7 and the 2nd (3 min 1/4's) 61-0.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Captain_Fred said:
EELE! I've got Madden07 for the Wii being given to me for Xmas. When I finally get to play it, you're going to be my coach. Think of it as you're the Bill Parcells to my Tony Romo...except not, as I hate them both, and don't really remember the names of any other coaches and quarterbacks from any teams I like :fist:

:lol:

Sounds good to me!

Latest posts