What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

Eelementary said:
I never used to like to do it, but it's a great way to get some good players from the very start at your Franchise.

yeah i do it makes the teams more even and therefore need your a-game all the time

Paullyboy

Coach
I like doing a fantasy draft, but never use the team. I much prefer play against the real teams. Ie when you are playing the Colts you think, oh crap Ive gotta stop Peyton, Edge, Marv, Reg, Stokely and Clark!

And when you play the 9ers you know you can get ready for some turnovers galore.

McLovin

Staff member
Yeah i'd much prefer beating a top team like the Colts or the Eagles with their original team rather than a fantasy drafted team...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Personally, I always try and go for Culpepper as my number one pick - cimply because he's my favourite player.

Then I try and go for the best (or one of the best) WR available.

Thirdly, I go after a great HB - doesn't matter much to me if he's old because I can just get a good rookie HB later.

And my fourth is a good, tall, speedy CB.

After that I just do random signings.

I like the idea of the fantasy draft because say I want to sign Moss. He is already 28 years old in the game.

He is likely to be way too old or already retired by the time he comes off contract.

But with the fantasy draft, I can sign him as a 28-year old and have approximately 5 good years from him.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Eelementary, you sound just like me.

I couldn't stand American Football before i got Madden 2005 - out of curosity - and now i am really into the game, and Madden.

My firs franchise in 06 was Arizona. I built an amazing team, and a new stadium for them. I beat New England 37-7 in the 2009 Superbowl and started playing with Miami, who went 3-13 in 2009. In 2010 i went 6-10, losing my last 6 games of the season. The next year i went 13-3, beat the Patriots in week 2 of the playoffs 16-13 on the siren. I murdered the Steelers 37-7 in the AFC Championship game and then beat my old Cardinals team 20-17 in overtime in the Superbowl, in soaking San Diego.

I got bored of that franchise and just started a new one with San Diego. I lost in week 1 to Dallas 24-17. I was in position for a match winning field goal with 18 seconds to go and got too cute. I ran a HB pass play and LT threw an interception that went 95 yards the other way for the match winning touchdown. I was filthy.

To make matters worse, i'm trailing Denver 24-5 at half time. Tatum Bell has ripped out 97 and 90 yard TD runs. I have caught him up for a safety though. But i'm still very pissed off at the momemt.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
Eelementary, you sound just like me.

I couldn't stand American Football before i got Madden 2005 - out of curosity - and now i am really into the game, and Madden.

My firs franchise in 06 was Arizona. I built an amazing team, and a new stadium for them. I beat New England 37-7 in the 2009 Superbowl and started playing with Miami, who went 3-13 in 2009. In 2010 i went 6-10, losing my last 6 games of the season. The next year i went 13-3, beat the Patriots in week 2 of the playoffs 16-13 on the siren. I murdered the Steelers 37-7 in the AFC Championship game and then beat my old Cardinals team 20-17 in overtime in the Superbowl, in soaking San Diego.

I got bored of that franchise and just started a new one with San Diego. I lost in week 1 to Dallas 24-17. I was in position for a match winning field goal with 18 seconds to go and got too cute. I ran a HB pass play and LT threw an interception that went 95 yards the other way for the match winning touchdown. I was filthy.

To make matters worse, i'm trailing Denver 24-5 at half time. Tatum Bell has ripped out 97 and 90 yard TD runs. I have caught him up for a safety though. But i'm still very pissed off at the momemt.

Man that must really irk you eh lol.

For all the Madden vets who say it's a crao series, I would like to disgaree - it's in-depth, but easy enough to play that you play t and enjoy it and learn about the game.

Apart from the constant stoppages in play, I quite like Gridiron now.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I hate this San Diego offence. Brees is about to get a lengthy spell on the bench. I'm trailing the Giants 14-9.

The Giants have scored on a fumble return from a punt, and an interception return. My special teams made up for the punt f**k up with a kickoff return, and my defence has picked up another safety. At least it's a challenge.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
I hate this San Diego offence. Brees is about to get a lengthy spell on the bench. I'm trailing the Giants 14-9.

The Giants have scored on a fumble return from a punt, and an interception return. My special teams made up for the punt f**k up with a kickoff return, and my defence has picked up another safety. At least it's a challenge.

And at least you can play it! lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
I CAN PLAY AGAIN!

Lol

I traded in 5 PS2 games and got a brand new slim PS2 for $160!

Woohoo!

Long live Madden 06!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Paullyboy said:
If you use SD there should be two people getting the ball LT and Gates. Thats it.

Once you get LT going i find play action passes to Gates work very well. By halftime the game also opens up for the wide recievers. I'm not good at zeroing in on one reciever.

I'm 4-4 now. Beat the Giants 32-31, lost to New England 45-26, murderised Pittsburgh 57-7 (40-0 at half time!), 30-10 win over Oakland, lost 27-17 to the Eagles and just upset KC 26-17.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love thrashing teams.

I played the Patriots in the Super Bowl and was way too complacent (I used my created Bulldogs team, with Culpepper, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson, Champ Bailey, Takeo Spikes, Brian Urlacher, Julian Peterson and Ed Reed, among others lol) and I lost 21-26.

So then, the next season, at the Patriots' home ground during the regular season - I thrashed them 56-0. On All Madden.

Damn, it was satisfying - Tomlinson gained 200 rushing yards and scored 2 TD's, and Culpepper threw 5 TD's for 300 yards.

Excellent.

skeepe

Immortal
CJG 182 said:
Do many of you do fantasy drafts?

I did one with the Bengals in Madden 2005. I like NFL but don't really know many of the players, who's good etc apart from the more famous names like Tomlinson, Culpepper etc.

Managed to pick up Michael Vick, Santana Moss, Torry Holt and Brian Westbrook for my offence, Orpheus Roye, Cornelius Griffin, Travis Fisher and Brian Dawkins for my defence as well as Mike Vanderjagt for kicking duties. Won the Superbowl in my first year, and the next 3 after that, including one unbeaten season... I suppose I should shift to a higher difficulty level, really... although most of my players are in the 90's so I really should win most games easily.

Got a make or break off-season coming up with Vick, Moss, Holt, Cartwright, Roye, Dawkins, Griffin, Kacyvenski, Streets and McMichael all up for contract renewal... this could get ugly.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Eelementary said:
I love thrashing teams.

I played the Patriots in the Super Bowl and was way too complacent (I used my created Bulldogs team, with Culpepper, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates, LaDainian Tomlinson, Champ Bailey, Takeo Spikes, Brian Urlacher, Julian Peterson and Ed Reed, among others lol) and I lost 21-26.

So then, the next season, at the Patriots' home ground during the regular season - I thrashed them 56-0. On All Madden.

Damn, it was satisfying - Tomlinson gained 200 rushing yards and scored 2 TD's, and Culpepper threw 5 TD's for 300 yards.

Excellent.

That is really complacent!

That 57-7 win was my biggest in Madden 06, and my best half of football ever. I hate going into games looking to smash my opponents. I had one season with my Cardinals team where i went one week nailing a team to a very close game (or losing) the next, like 44-20 vs San Francisco away, then winning 6-3 over Seattle at my new stadium. The worst mindset is looking for a huge win.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
That is really complacent!

That 57-7 win was my biggest in Madden 06, and my best half of football ever. I hate going into games looking to smash my opponents. I had one season with my Cardinals team where i went one week nailing a team to a very close game (or losing) the next, like 44-20 vs San Francisco away, then winning 6-3 over Seattle at my new stadium. The worst mindset is looking for a huge win.

I know eh!

I was only looking to thrash them because they beat me - even though it was my fault!

I figured a team with Culpepper, LT, Moss, Johnson and Gates had more than enough firepower to beat anyone.

I was wrong! lol

Big Mick

Referee
can someone tell me...

A) Is this game really worth buying?

B) How is that create a player section...where u like breed him and follow his career...is it a good feature?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Big Mick © said:
can someone tell me...

A) Is this game really worth buying?

B) How is that create a player section...where u like breed him and follow his career...is it a good feature?

(A) I think so, yes. It's entertaining and the Franchise Mode is long enough to keep you entertained for a while.

(B) The Superstar Mode is like a downgarded version of Franchise Mode...It's OK, but not great.

I find it repetitive - play a match, train, train train, gameplay session, play a match, train, train, train, etc.

Latest posts