What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 06

McLovin

Staff member
Haha, Throw away the PS2 and pick up an XBox 360. In about 3 months time of course...

Agent Mulder

Bench
Eelementary said:
And how about this:

I started another new Superstar mode. On my first interview, I was asked who I'd rather be drafted by (I said the Raiders - they're my team!).

Lo and behold, round 3, pick 2 I'm drafted, as a QB, by the Raiders!

AND to top it off I am a better QB statistically than their starting QB and went straight into the starting role! Wicked!

Thats what happenend to me, What you do in Superstar mode is scroll thru the parents untill it sayd Your Father was a Hall of Fame QB, It doesn't matter what the IQ is you will 1st String QB 9 times out of 10.

I was 1st String with The Denver Broncos, I had two great seasons there, But once i was allowed to enter free agenty i went for it and went to my favorite team, The Dallas Cowboys, It was sweet.

McLovin

Staff member
Agent Mulder said:
Thats what happenend to me, What you do in Superstar mode is scroll thru the parents untill it sayd Your Father was a Hall of Fame QB, It doesn't matter what the IQ is you will 1st String QB 9 times out of 10.

I was 1st String with The Denver Broncos, I had two great seasons there, But once i was allowed to enter free agenty i went for it and went to my favorite team, The Dallas Cowboys, It was sweet.

I just saved before the draft and waited till i got drafted by the Denver Broncos. I must have done the draft 7 or 8 times before they drafted me.

There's just something about being a career player for your favourite team...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Connell said:
Haha, Throw away the PS2 and pick up an XBox 360. In about 3 months time of course...

I would, but I have no cash.

I've been loyal to Sony, and I used to love Sony.

But the PS2 is one of the worst quality consoles I've ever had.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agent Mulder said:

I love it when you get to play for the team you like.

Eelementary

Post Whore
A RB, you say?

He should be progressing beautifully though. RB's progress quickest, and they quickly become assets.

i have no idea how you got picked for the raiders. im an oakland fan myself and i keep re-doing the draft and i never get picked by oakland.

Eelementary

Post Whore
pennywisealfie said:
i have no idea how you got picked for the raiders. im an oakland fan myself and i keep re-doing the draft and i never get picked by oakland.

I assume you meant me? (GO THE EELS AND RAIDERS lol).

I basically chose parents with high IQ (both of them).

An NFL Star dad.

A mother that had a job that increased awareness (she was a media writer or something).

Then, during the pre-season after I got my agent, I had an interview where they asked me where I would like to play. The Raiders were an option and naturally I chose them.

I could ahve chosen the Vikings, but I didn't want to displace my favourite player in Culpepper lol.

And Radiers - I also love running more than passing. It's so much fun!

McLovin

Staff member
Well having an "NFL hall of fame" dad pretty much guarantees that your player will be around 84+ overall. Scoring highly in the IQ test also increases you awareness i think...

Paullyboy

Coach
I might have to go back and do that superstar mode thing. I got bored with it after a few games and went back to playing a proper franchise. Geez I get into my franchises.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Paullyboy said:
I might have to go back and do that superstar mode thing. I got bored with it after a few games and went back to playing a proper franchise. Geez I get into my franchises.

Yeah, I get bored with the Super Star mode.

But the Franchises...They're so addictive!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm suffereing withdrawal symptoms - I haven't been able to play Madden in a week because of my dumb PS2! lol

Paullyboy

Coach
That would drive me insane, there's nothing better than coming home from a crappy day at the office and playing a quick game of madden to get all the anger out of your system.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh I know mate!

I was just getting into it, too.

My created team, the Denver Devils, were in the third year of their Franchise, and it was just starting to get hard.

The first two years are normally easy - you have plenty of cash and most of your players don't retire or come off contract.

By the third yeear everything gets harder.

And I was really looking forward to it.

Also my QB, Mike McMahon, came to me when he was 62 overall and after 3 years he was rated 91 overall. His high awareness means my receivers improve greatly, which was great - because in my first draft pick, I scouted a 6'3, 205 lb wide receiver that had amazing hands and speed turned out to be an 80 overall but had poor awareness. He was only 18.

So frustrating! lol

But I am certain that I am close to fixing the problem.