What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 11

Paullyboy

Coach
Why do they not improve the most played mode of the game
:?

every year fans screaming for improvements and they never deliver...

Pass on Madden 11

All I play Madden for is the offline franchise, but unfortunately that's not the way EA seem to want to go - they are all about online because they can milk more and more money from it. To be honest, I think off-line franchise will start getting killed off fairly soon which would be a massive shame.

abpanther

Staff member
I hear NCCA is the way to go these days, might give that a crack, Madden seems to be getting pretty stale IMO

All I play Madden for is the offline franchise, but unfortunately that's not the way EA seem to want to go - they are all about online because they can milk more and more money from it.

Im pretty much the same seeing as I never get good connection VSing people online
(majority Americans so its expected)

Offline Franchise should be the main aspect of the game :x

What's the overall verdict is it worth picking up when I have only ever played Madden Arcade (Which I do like) I hear a lot of negative feedback from seasoned players who want more but for the casual NFL fan is it worth it?

Ladmate

Bench
I'm an NFL fan and Madden is ok, it's only good because it's NFL IMO. Same with Rugby League games. They are only good because we all love Rugby League.

simmo1

First Grade
What's the overall verdict is it worth picking up when I have only ever played Madden Arcade (Which I do like) I hear a lot of negative feedback from seasoned players who want more but for the casual NFL fan is it worth it?

I'm a casual fan too, and I got a few weeks enjoyment out of it. I found franchise mode was a little convoluted, but the actual gameplay is pretty fun.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm an NFL fan and Madden is ok, it's only good because it's NFL IMO. Same with Rugby League games. They are only good because we all love Rugby League.

I can't really understand this comment. Whilst I definitely agree the Madden franchise has essentially stagnated over the last 3-4 years, it's still safe to say that it's the best sports game by a considerable margin. The problem with it is that each title is essentially nothing more than a roster update with a few pointless settings changes to make it look shiney and new

Jono078

Referee
I can't really understand this comment. Whilst I definitely agree the Madden franchise has essentially stagnated over the last 3-4 years, it's still safe to say that it's the best sports game by a considerable margin. The problem with it is that each title is essentially nothing more than a roster update with a few pointless settings changes to make it look shiney and new
It's not safe to say that at all...

hellteam

First Grade
Absolutely nowhere near the best sports game.

FIFA, NBA 2k10, NHL are all easily better off the top of my head.

Backbreaker is a better game imo.

Bring back 2K Sports.

Competition is what is needed to get EA to actually do something significant with their game.

what id like to see in madden.

1. better owner mode. in 06 you could set the chip prices FFS. i want all that stuff. get right deep in the finances of the team so what you do and how you play genuinely effects your team.
2. if you create a team and you make the superbowl...dont have the team you replaced logo on the field. kinda ruins the Los Angeles Guns with a jacksonville Jags logo. ridiculous.
3. on this subject. how about addding another 50 or or generic logos. and more stadium features. just saying
4. trades need to be easier. after liike year 4 of a franchise everone is over the cap or dosnt have roster space and you cant trade anyone.
5. the draft is a crapshoot. better scouting stuff is needed here. also trading picks for multiple years would be nice.
6. realistic scheduling after the first year. no team plays 5 straight away games, home, 3 away and then 7 at home as i had one scheduled. ridiculous.
7. WTF happened to superstar mode? was great in the ps2 versions where you moved from dorm room to penthouse, hot endorsements and others hit. now its just the games.

btw

anyone playe the jordan 2k game? its pretty awesome

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hey for starters all that crap about drinks and beverage prices did absolutely nothing to the game...it was pointless.

The gang tackling needs to improve big time, I hate looking at the same animations for the tackles, there needs to be more animations much more impact with the ratings.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Madden 11 = horrible.

They continue to treat the consumers like crap and pump out a stale game with a couple tweaks here and there. If it was as good as MLB The Show or NBA 2k11, that would be fine, though Madden is poor man's version of NCAA and I am done with it.

Ladmate

Bench
Hey for starters all that crap about drinks and beverage prices did absolutely nothing to the game...it was pointless.

The gang tackling needs to improve big time, I hate looking at the same animations for the tackles, there needs to be more animations much more impact with the ratings.

It wasn't nothing, you needed revenue, Madden should look at NBA 2k11 franchise mode, that is awesome, and I'm not a huge basketball fan, yet that game is awesome.

Madden needs to improve on tackling, blocking, AI (cheat on All-Madden, numerous videos on this, and sucks on any other difficulty), franchise mode, superstar mode, passing (you can run 20 yards backwards and while running, throw a pinpoint pass in between 3 defenders), rushing, basically everything.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
well it my first NFL game and I have enjoyed it.

NHL is far better as a game, but still do not mind it, online people love to play me as I go as the redskins (75 rater).

The 18th Man

Juniors
Geezus, I just read Paullyboy's comment :lol:

My man, you really are living in a sheltered world! Madden isn't even the best football sim out there let alone contending for ANY tag as to being the best sports game. Please. Give me a break. Madden is a joke and it preys on consumers like you who don't play other sporting titles. See MLB The Show. See NBA 2k11. They are the two best sporting titles out there. Play NCAA 11 and you will see a football sim yet it still isn't near the other two games I mentioned.

Latest posts