What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 13

DB

First Grade
Yeah, thinking of doing a Washington one of those, just to build a franchise around an awesome rookie QB

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Anyway to not throw intercepts? I feel it is why I'm sitting at 2-2 with the Packers.

does madden still have that feature where if you mash the button to throw to your intended receiver you throw a bullet, and if you tap it the pass floats?

i feel like it does. that really helps. i completely f**ked it the other day, meant to float a pass over the linebacker and smooshed the button, tossing right at him. i wasn't even mad, just wondered why the f**k i did it.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
does madden still have that feature where if you mash the button to throw to your intended receiver you throw a bullet, and if you tap it the pass floats?

i feel like it does. that really helps. i completely f**ked it the other day, meant to float a pass over the linebacker and smooshed the button, tossing right at him. i wasn't even mad, just wondered why the f**k i did it.

20 different trajectories apparently.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Yep, love that. THough I hated it the first time, cause I am a QB monster, and I was playing a mate who had that system down pat. I only just lost, was just frustrated cause I wasn't used to it.

Monk

Referee
Just finished my 3rd simmed season in franchise mode (with the Cowboys), we went 11-5 and nabbed a Wildcard. (2nd Best Offense in the League, 5th best Defense). Lost in the Wildcard round though.

After going 8-8 and 4-12 in our last two seasons, it was nice to bring some class back to the franchise. After trading Tony Romo away for the second pick in the draft, I drafted a rookie QB who was 86 Overall. He threw for 4300 Yards and 35 TD's (20 Int's) in his first season and was f**king awesome. DeMarco Murray also rushed for 1500 Yards, which was chill.

Finally getting a hang of this game and it's pretty neat, f**king awesome at scouting now and I just let the player progression points take care of themselves. Seems to be working out.

Monk

Referee
Basically don't use any of the Scouting Points thoughout the season, or up until Stage #7 of the offseason (the week before the draft). Then you'll have 46,000. Save the game, then basically analyse which positions you need most (for this example i'll use ROLB). Go through each ROLB player available and scout what Letter his intangible grade is. If it's a C or higher, check his Physical Grading. Any combo of C/B or higher (B/B, B/A, A/A) check his overall grading letter, if it's a B or higher then write his name/position down and come back to him later.

Basically do this and when your points run out, get out of your save file and go back into it, and you'll have all your points and you can just do this for all the positions you need. Once you've got a list of all the players you want check out their scheme to see which one suits your franchise better (for Dallas, i'd pick a 3-4 ROLB before a 4-3. If you don't care about scheme you can use this on/off method to check the overall grading of each player. But in most cases, i'd still recommend a 82 Overall player who suits your scheme over an 84 guy who doesn't.

Here's a picture of my list ahead of the 2015 Draft.

Drafting2015_zpsfa359095.jpg

Now, take this list and look at the guys you definitely want to target, for me it's Joe Harrison and Tommie Ponzol in the first round. Lucky after some epic hording I have three first round picks this season (12th, 24th and 27th). Hording picks is so important in this franchise mode, so I recommend you do it whenever you can. Ponzol is estimated to be the 4th Overall pick in the draft, so i'll need to trade up, Harrison is projected in the middle of the first so he should be available at 12. I'll send the team who's picking 3rd OVR a trade offer attempting to get their pick off them, and i'll trade away Anthony Spencer seeing as I intend on picking up a LOLB in the second round.

So yeh, that's pretty much what I do.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hasn't someone brought out a scouting spreadsheet with the details of all the draft classes yet? I'll built a beastly team with that on 12.

Big Tim

First Grade
That's cheating

LOL

Here I was thinking Monk was some superhuman scout master...... Did make me smile though.

I play online CCM only, so I dont have this option.

I think the CPU uses the guides anyway. I have a simmed Browns CCM going and in the first draft I found a ROLB that was projected to go in the 5th round who had B speed, hit power, PRC, awareness and A Tackling, pursuit so I penciled him in as my 4th round choice....... The Raiders picke him with the 3rd pick of the 2nd round. Came out as an 82 OVR.

abpanther

Staff member
Can someone explain the difference between online CCM and offline franchise?

I thought the only difference is that your use the online CCM for when you're playing against other people, offline for when you are just playing against CPU. How does it change scouting, etc?

My net has been down since I bought it last week but it has been fixed now so planning to start some franchises tonight, 1 online one with a mate and 1 offline one for myself, thinking of picking some real reclamation projects (e.g. Raiders, Cards, etc)

Frederick

Staff member
Hasn't someone brought out a scouting spreadsheet with the details of all the draft classes yet? I'll built a beastly team with that on 12.

Someone over at the operation sports forums is talking about doing one but apparently it's a lot harder this year than ever. It seems like the same player can have different ratings each time he gets drafted

Big Tim

First Grade
Can someone explain the difference between online CCM and offline franchise?

I thought the only difference is that your use the online CCM for when you're playing against other people, offline for when you are just playing against CPU. How does it change scouting, etc?

My net has been down since I bought it last week but it has been fixed now so planning to start some franchises tonight, 1 online one with a mate and 1 offline one for myself, thinking of picking some real reclamation projects (e.g. Raiders, Cards, etc)

There are a few differences, namely to do with patching. They have patched things in online and have not in offline.

examples:

Offline: Scheme changing doesnt save correctly. You have to adjust it every time you log on. They reported that they fixed this, but many many people claim it doesnt work.

Players are assigned a number that is already taken. So you can have a handful of guys wearing one specific number

gameplay tuning is updated for online, not offline, so the new patches dont effect offline CCM.

Online:

Disconnects mean games played dont count. Usually happens in the 4th quarter.

I have found that the servers reset at about 9pm EST, so I make sure I am not in an online game between 8:30-9:30

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks Big Tim

So if I am planning to start a coach career just for myself, do you recommend I do it online or offline?

zombie jesus

Staff member
I was booted off an online game last night for a bad connection or something like that around 9.
I ended up losing player points (or whatever they're called) too even though I was up by 10 in the late 3rd/4th, would that be because of the server reset or just my connection being poor?

Big Tim

First Grade
Thanks Big Tim

So if I am planning to start a coach career just for myself, do you recommend I do it online or offline?

I hesitantly recommend online. Offline is so bugged and behind on updates. If you were going to start in 2-3 weeks that may change though.

I was booted off an online game last night for a bad connection or something like that around 9.
I ended up losing player points (or whatever they're called) too even though I was up by 10 in the late 3rd/4th, would that be because of the server reset or just my connection being poor?

I am assuming reset. I back out straight away and then try to sign in to EA and it says servers unavailable. I wait 5 minutes or so and I get straight back in.

It is complete assumption that it is a server reset, but its too coincidental to have happened to me 4 days in a row at 9pm, and now add you to the list.

Like I said, avoid playing online games around 8:30 - 9pm and you should be sweet.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Thanks for your help.
I remember it disconnecting earlier in the week, I wasn't playing a game at that point, would have been around the same time too.

Latest posts