What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 13

CJG 182

Juniors
Massively under whelmed by it personally.

Yeah the game play is better.... But..

Taking out fantasy draft
Taking out two player franchise
Taking out player editing
Taking out the ability to skip multiple games in CCM
The scout error/loophole

Really the whole CCM.

F*cked over offline fans big time.

DB

First Grade
I just had a pretty awesome game.... playing as Green Bay vs The Chargers, nothing I could do with Aaron Rogers was working and just continually throwing intercepts. All these intercepts, plus a fumble of the first play of the Game by Starks led the Chargers to a 12-0 lead, courtesy of 4 field goals. I hit a field goal right on the bell for Halftime to make it 12 - 3.

I sub out Rogers, and bring on BJ Coleman, and I start to hit the passes, start to make some plays and get up the field. I end up scoring a TD in the 3rd, so the score is back to 12 - 10, which stayed that way at 3/4 time.

The fourth starts with a long pass by Whitehurst, with an intercept by me, and a run of around 70, to bring it to the 1 yard line. I score two plays later, and I've hit the front 17-12. I end up scoring again with 30 seconds to go to make it 24 - 12.

Games like this make it so much fun.

abpanther

Staff member
Trying to decide whether to get this or not, think I will.

Can someone explain the CCM to me? So does that mean I can play coach and players in the same career? Does that mean in the same season I can coach a team and also play as a player on another team?

Confused

Big Tim

First Grade
A few things here...

1. Playing CCM as a coach, where does the menu go where I can see (and set) my depth chart and the track progress of my player season goals (like Polamalu needed 4 INT's etc)? I swear it was there before, now I can't find it anywhere, am I just an idiot or does it actually go missing?

2. The AI RB's are horrible in CCM, when I played a few games as a QB, massive holes appearing inside and out and they juke and spin into the nearest pile of players massing on the line.

3. This is the first time I've actually hooked my Xbox up online, to get the updated rosters was the main reason, and I thought injuries would have been included. I have Rashard Mendenhall starting for me at the moment, is that normal standard for these things or am I expecting too much with their accuracy?

4. I tried that game face thing, looked awesome on the PC, quite a good resemblance, a better looking version of my true self, but once I imported it in to the game I looked like a maniacal serial killer, something went wrong there, no way am I maniacal :sarcasm:

5. Can you sim an entire season at once like earlier Maddens?

6. The new menu thing screws with my brain.

7. This could be the last of these I buy for a few years I think.

1. You need to go to the last of the 4 tabs. If you have been in a menu it will still be in that one. press back until you get to the screen with the 6 option (personnel, strategy etc.)

2. AI RB's are garbage, agreed. In my QB league with a few other guys, I can set up a run for Lynch, slide the protection the right way, move the safety with a motion, and then Lynch jukes as I hand him the ball......

3. Updated 53 man rosters for CCM have not been released yet. Rumour is Saturday sometime. They will feature the current rosters including injuries I believe. Bad news is you would have to start the CCM again.

4. Mine doesnt look too bad.... though I am albino white.

5. Nope. 1 week at a time, but sim doesnt take too long.

6. I dont mind the new menu.

7. This is the first madden I have bought since 09. I am quite addicted to it.

DB, I had a great finish the other day in my QB league. We play on All-Madden with Jarred21's 2nd hardest sliders.

I am the Hawks QB, and I was against the Packers in regular season play.

The score was 17-14 and my Defense got me the ball with just over 3 minutes to go. I make a nice slow drive, but throw a pretty bad pick to the Pack on their 45. There is 1:30 to go. My D gives up a FG and I get the ball back on my 47 now down by 6, 23 seconds on the clock.

I throw a perfect corner route to my slot receiver Tate, the CB attempts to swat and misses, and he is off up the sideline..... he gets tackled on the 1 with 9 seconds to go... I hold triangle to go no huddle, none of my players are on screen. I quickly audible to a quick pass, but dont stop to look at the play animation. With 5 secs on the clock some of my players are on the LOS.

I am smashing the X button to try to snap.... 4, 3, 2, 1 GO!

I have no idea where my receivers are going, I roll to the left ROLB coming unblocked, Sidney Rice is on what looks to be a slant route, I lead him to the posts and hit the button as hard as I can........... TOUCHDOWN !!!!

I win 21-20 on the last play of the game. It was such a good feeling, but I really had no one to share it with.... until now.

abpanther

Staff member

Taking out fantasy draft
The scout error/loophole

Really the whole CCM.

I never used the fantasy draft nor player editing so no big loss for me, but I agree it seems silly to take out extra features.

So what you can't skip multiple games in franchise anymore?

Please explain scout error/loophole?

So what's your concern with CCM?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Madden is taking the franchise in a new and better direction. It's a radical change that this years edition has gone through. Fans always complain yearly titles don't change enough and then this one does and people still complain.

In some ways it's streamlined but that's because of the massive changes and improvements it's gone through. Next year it'll have those bells and whistles everyones complaining about missing but in a much better overall package.

Big Tim

First Grade
I never used the fantasy draft nor player editing so no big loss for me, but I agree it seems silly to take out extra features.

So what you can't skip multiple games in franchise anymore?

Please explain scout error/loophole?

So what's your concern with CCM?

You have to advance week by week, but you can just hit advance and the CPU takes control of your duties. It only takes about 10 seconds to advance the week on PS3.

I would also be interested in what this loophole is. I havent heard of it, so it may not be main stream yet.

abpanther

Staff member
Question

Is it possible for 2 people to start an online franchise and control a team each or do you have to have 32 online owners to control each team to do it?

I was hoping there's an option where you can do it with just 2 people and it just syncs every week and you can't progress to the next week until both parties and played their games

Big Tim

First Grade
Question

Is it possible for 2 people to start an online franchise and control a team each or do you have to have 32 online owners to control each team to do it?

I was hoping there's an option where you can do it with just 2 people and it just syncs every week and you can't progress to the next week until both parties and played their games

Yes.

Start the league, set it as Coach only. Make it private with a password.

Invite your mate to the league before it starts in the "users" section of the 4th menu.

Once he joins start the league. With the new one, once you set to ready as soon as all participants are ready the league will advance auto.

No need for the commish to advance each time.

one tree hill

Juniors

Taking out fantasy draft
The scout error/loophole

Really the whole CCM.

It's a reason why i only play games online now

It's like they f**ked it up this year just so they can improve it again next year lol

CJG 182

Juniors
Scout loop hole:

Go to Strategy->Team Needs->click on a position.

In the right column it suggests players either in the draft or free agency.
Click on a draft player and it tells you their scheme and overall.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i had a cracking game as tennessee vs detroit.

locker throws a pick on the first play. they run it in one play later. then the prick fumbled on the next play, and they ran that in too a play later. 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.

i finally get on the board after a punt return touchdown (like, seriously?) then get right back in a field goal that went in off the posts. they then run a great two minute drill and score through stafford, so i'm down 21-10 at the half.

got stafford to throw a pick and booted another field goal. then pulled out an amazing touchdown from chris johnson and failed at the 2 point conversion. 21-19 but i've got all the momentum as the 3rd quarter ends.

sadly my defence failed and i let them score again. i scored again and had no luck at the 2 point conversion. 28-26, three minutes to go. i kick long because they have struggled in the second half. of course they march down the field and go up 35-26.

i have a painfully long drive, and score to make it 35-33. onside kick with a minute to go, recovered. no time outs, blew them all on the last drive. end up 4th and 10 and needing a lot to even get into field goal range.

somehow complete a huge pass to kenny britt AND he gets out of bounds. 3 seconds to go, 49 yard field goal is slotted and i win 36-35. so excited i think i pissed off the neighbours.

Latest posts