What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 2012

In regard to screens, i haven't been able to pull one off... :fist: I figured they just nerfed them because they were getting abused in 11. Same with Slants.

im hit and miss with screens.

sometimes they do good..other timed loss of 5 yards.
and when ryan mathews is in the backfiled he usually gets hit in the helmet. the young bloke todman is good for the chargers on screens. darren sproles lite...

has anyone blocked a kick yet?
ive blocked 2. one from a guy comeing from the side and it hit him and deflected the ball wide of the posts

the other a dude whent straight through the middle, blacked it and i rab it in for a TD.

pretty hilarious.

brooksy19

Bench
Why is it that when I start a franchise, i can't scout players? I notice that I have no expenses attributed to Scouting Agency, but for the life of me I cannot find where you choose one? Also can't fire or hire coaching staff??? What am I doing wrong?

Simming the pre season games? or can these tasks only be done in 'of season'.

Raider_69

Post Whore
has anyone blocked a kick yet?
ive blocked 2. one from a guy comeing from the side and it hit him and deflected the ball wide of the posts

the other a dude whent straight through the middle, blacked it and i rab it in for a TD.

pretty hilarious.

Not yet, but DRC has come within a whisker off the edge about 5-6 times, i recon he'll have one before the year is out. Hope its not an EP, so i can get a chance to hot dog it in the endzone with DRC, :crazy:

Tom155

Coach
i blocked my first ever kick in madden when on a FG attempt then had a LB pick it up & run 65yds for the TD

have come very close to blocking more FG's & punts too sems much easier to do in madden 12

a side note though comment is soooo bad lags behind the play i score a td their still talking about 2 plays ago & just total name stuff ups, Broncos TE Julius Thomas gets called Darrel Scott & LB Mike Mohamed gets called Mike Person :lol:

not to mention it is very annoying hearing the same shit over & over every game

Monk

Referee
Anyone else been noticing that the commentary mixed and matches comments with players name's all the times?

The amount of times I've heard "Jason Witten has such a great arm and a great accurate pass, he can fit it into the smallest of gaps" is shameful.

Tom155

Coach
Anyone else been noticing that the commentary mixed and matches comments with players name's all the times?

The amount of times I've heard "Jason Witten has such a great arm and a great accurate pass, he can fit it into the smallest of gaps" is shameful.
yep that too knew i forgot something

God-King Dean

Immortal
Oh don't get me started on the commentary.

No variation at all.

Getting sick of hearing at the start of every frickin' game:

" Adamakong Suh, how do you do! "

And I shiver everytime I hear this....
" They call him..... Megatron.... CALVIN JOHNSON! "

Paullyboy

Coach
It is incredible how many years back the commentary seems to have fallen this year. I buy every second madden so im not sure what 11 was like, but 12's commentary is as amateur and repetitive as a game from 2000

ive turned it off. the commentary is woeful.

some mistakes ive encountered

"game between the San Diego Chargers and the New York Titans"...didnt know they moved

"Antonio gates really has a cannopn of an arm"
really?

"game between 2 nfc west rivals the raiders and the chargers"
huh?

plus the repetitive nature of it all is pretty lame.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Already blocked 3 FG's and two Punts.

And gotten two safeties :)

Hah, i knew it was coming
blocked my first FG today. Ran it back 74 yards for a TD
Ive got 5 safeties, ive become pretty good at punting, if im close enough i can usually pin em inside their 5. Also on three occasions ive sprinted after punts managed to stand right behind them inside the 5 and have them bounce straight into me to stop the touch back :D

Does anyone have any good draft strategies to share?

I created a fantasy draft franchise in which I'm stoked with who I got as the core.

QB: Stafford
HB: Hillis
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Finley
DT: Suh, Raji
DE: Ngata
LB: M. Williams & R. McClain

Plus 3 corners over 85 OVR.

The problem I'm having is my OLine absolutely sucks. I've tried to rebuild it via the draft after my first season, I did all the scouting but apparently my picks have turned out to suck badly.

Any ideas how to nail the perfect prospects? I've heard people finding 85 OVR players in the 3rd round and it boggles my mind how they would've done that.

DiggerBlue

Juniors
Does anyone have any good draft strategies to share?

I created a fantasy draft franchise in which I'm stoked with who I got as the core.

QB: Stafford
HB: Hillis
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Finley
DT: Suh, Raji
DE: Ngata
LB: M. Williams & R. McClain

Plus 3 corners over 85 OVR.

The problem I'm having is my OLine absolutely sucks. I've tried to rebuild it via the draft after my first season, I did all the scouting but apparently my picks have turned out to suck badly.

Any ideas how to nail the perfect prospects? I've heard people finding 85 OVR players in the 3rd round and it boggles my mind how they would've done that.

Just finished my first Fantasy franchise year on All-Madden with a Superbowl. Go Bills!

The running game is more important than the passing game IMO. You have to make sure that you get a great RB (first round), a solid backup RB, a great LG and a solid LT. I pretty much ignored WRs and got Flacco as my QB (who can run it in a pinch).
Defensively, you DEs are probably most important.

The computer tends to pick defensive line players over O-Line players and doesn't tend to discriminate on age, which I absolutely do, no one over 26 on my team!

Latest posts