What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

manly40gimps0

Juniors
That was a good interview from Sticky with grandstand. You can hear the pain in he and Covells interviews, its sad whats happening to this game

Sad but true something has to be done about the officials the referring is a absolute joke.

all the people who are blaming manly for the bad decisions in the match today, and saying that we pay the refs and the NRL.....really do need to get a reality check......like every other team, we play what is in front of us.......and before you all jump up and down, because i dare to be a Manly Supporter, please take note, below, of what i posted earlier

"Cronulla Supporters, jeez your team played well today today, you should be very proud.......i will take the two points, but FMD we do not deserve them...as for the send off.....what a load of sh*t.......the way it is going......unfortunately, i think this, is the year where a grand final will possibly be decided by the refs

as for Manly.....i hope we fire up against the other teams in the eight otherwise it will be all over red rover in week one of the finals

well played sharks"

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
No doubt that it was a wrong decision -- 99% of fans would agree. Every Manly fan thinks it is a wrong decision. I think the real issue is that Manly lost a player, he was out cold and didn't have any more time in the match. If it is put on report, then Douglas stays on, and we are down one. The refs can either send off, or report.

If there was an option for a 10 in the bin for non-professional fouls, this was the time to use it.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
No doubt that it was a wrong decision -- 99% of fans would agree. Every Manly fan thinks it is a wrong decision. I think the real issue is that Manly lost a player, he was out cold and didn't have any more time in the match. If it is put on report, then Douglas stays on, and we are down one. The refs can either send off, or report.

If there was an option for a 10 in the bin for non-professional fouls, this was the time to use it.

user_nat

Coach
I would rather players are sent off in the games they commit the infraction rather than latter weeks against other teams.

But I don't think this deserved a send off.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Manly generally receive the rub of the green from the referee's. Even when they got 'screwed' by the Titans they received every 50/50 call before the pivotal moment.

That's just straight up bullsh*t. You'll struggle to find a Manly fan who'll say Douglas deserved to be sent off, but as for this nonsense about Manly getting all the 50/50 calls, unless you can back it up with statistics, you're just talking nonsense.

Big Pete

Referee
I am pretty sure in 08 Manly were the 2nd most penalised team and had the most video ref calls go against them. Stats for 09 would have Manly conceeding high amounts also I reckon.

Of course I'm refering to the 09 season when I say Manly have received the bulk of fortunate calls.

They're up there with the Broncos and the Dragons as one of the most fortunate sides in the competition IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
That's just straight up bullsh*t. You'll struggle to find a Manly fan who'll say Douglas deserved to be sent off, but as for this nonsense about Manly getting all the 50/50 calls, unless you can back it up with statistics, you're just talking nonsense.

What do Manly fans have to do with the Douglas send off?

It's called an educated observation.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
How dare those Cronulla reserve graders lead the defending premiers 10-0 after 20 minutes and interfere with the Brett Stewart comeback. Let's send off Luke Douglas to get Manly back into the game, but we'll ignore anything Manly does like Watmough taking Hughes out late and injuring him. Then we'll award Manly tries off forward passes.

Once again the refs interfere with the flow of a game

You should not be surprised... WWE wrestling results are less scripted than the NRL.

Greenbits

Juniors
Of course I'm refering to the 09 season when I say Manly have received the bulk of fortunate calls.

They're up there with the Broncos and the Dragons as one of the most fortunate sides in the competition IMO.

You forgot the Titans

Coaster

Bench
You forgot the Titans

You dont watch much of the Titans do you?

We get one penalty which was a 50/50 call against Manly, and about 4000 against us for the rest of the year.

We had about 6 bad calls against us on Sat against the Tigers, we dont fit into that category.

lol
1.your first try was off a overlap cause douglas was sent off for no reason
2.your 2nd try was off a forward pass that was so forward it should of been a pentaty to cronulla
3.mitch brown was hit high nothing comes of it,manly player gets hit in a great ball and all tackle and its a penalty,ellis pulled of 5-6 of those same style tackles last night they are not worth a penalty

the ref gave you guys every thing and you still could barley beat the sharks:lol:

squiddy

Juniors
We did not deserve the win but I will take the 2 points. When the send off first happened I could not believe it but at the end of the day Bailey never returned to the field as a result of the tackle.

And how long was corey hughes off as a result of Watmoughs 5 second late hit ?

And the unpunished high shot on Brown with 4 mins to go - Why the f**k didnt he stay down ????

Covell's post match comments today

"It happens every week, crap decisions every week. The boys are sick of it. Just because we are bottom of the table, they (the players) do their best and to keep getting treated like that is a disgrace," he said.
"They show up every week and you can't ask any more from them."

http://sportal.com.au/League-news-display/sharks-slam-refs-76929

it happens to a lot of teams actually the refs are clueless now days
nrl fault to they keep changing the rules to the point the refs dont know whats going on anymore

Kong

Juniors
Deserved send off, could have ended Bailey's season or career even, ruining Manly's chances at back to back titles.

Apey

Staff member
Covell's/Sticky's interviews were good - glad to see they didn't beat around the bush with how sh*t it was.

Latest posts