What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Brothers in Red V.

BLM01

First Grade
Toovey is an unknown. He inherited Hasler's team, support staff and systems. I think JD has demonstrated in CC (NSWCUP) that he can build these things himself and get the team playing good football.

JD is much less of a risk than continuing with Mary.
Toovey unknown?... and he did not inherit support staff..hasler took most with him including recruitment manager Crusher....and JD is not a risk........how do you work that out?..from CC..
Brennan was a gun CC coach, so was Barrett, Mat Head has us running 2nd. Cameron Ciraldo has big wraps....
Actually who was the last reserve grade coach to shine in the NRL say last 10 years...Sorry not a comparison.

BLM01

First Grade
images

images

images

images

images
No thanks to all of those....Sheensy not so sure

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No thanks to all of those....Sheensy not so sure
Whilst not ideal, all the would be an upgrade..

That being said, an inflatable doll would be an improvement right now..

And funnily enough would still have the same 1st grade qualifications as JD..

BLM01

First Grade
Whilst not ideal, all the would be an upgrade..

That being said, an inflatable doll would be an improvement right now..

And funnily enough would still have the same 1st grade qualifications as JD..
Geez Muz cant agree with you there except Sheensy & Henry maybe

Mal - proved he was a not a club coach at Canberra but give him a star side the rest is easy and he looks good. Even you could of coached QLD origin with his enterauge and Australia how could you lose with that side.
Smithy - as a dragon supporter the best coach never to win a GF. His day is done especially at our club.
Freddy - just cant take him seriously week after week..LOL

Wittenberg

Juniors
We did not miss out on other coaches for nothing. The only way forward is to lose Mary, and I was one who defended him for a while, but whoever we get after him will by and large be inexperienced. That my friends is the most damaging legacy he, and especially the Board will leave us.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We should go for Griffin. He can coach and holds people accountable. He was dudded by the broncos and then gould at the panthers where they were top 4 material. He would be my pick but sadly, won't happen at our club for obvious reasons.

sco22

Juniors
Now your talkin possm!
Guys it should follow an NFL structure I don’t think it does I’m speculating if you have money to spend you buy the players you need the dragons half back five eight no centres wingers fullback we don’t buy first grade standard. Then you look at the coaching situation and the management that’s the whole issue it’s all there to see you can have all the money you want players want to play finals/grand finals you won’t see players of that standard at the Dragons

nontime111

Juniors
ANY decent coach with a footy brain ( unlike our slow fella who was just a brawn player no brains now a brawn coach, so safe boring No team ever won a comp with boring safe play) would WIN a GF with our current team...... theyd chop the dead wood like lafai, latts, and be able to attract stars not just numbers players or plodders, theyd give Saab, Timm, Ford etc a crack as the other players arent working, a good coach would reward youth and get the best out of the team as far as being motivated at least aswell as have an actual game plan suited to playing each team not just the same old band aid rubbish 'power' game plan for every single team years in years out, the old 4 hit ups then a kick ( or not) from Marys brawny stuck brain

Gareth67

First Grade
ANY decent coach with a footy brain ( unlike our slow fella who was just a brawn player no brains now a brawn coach, so safe boring No team ever won a comp with boring safe play) would WIN a GF with our current team...... theyd chop the dead wood like lafai, latts, and be able to attract stars not just numbers players or plodders, theyd give Saab, Timm, Ford etc a crack as the other players arent working, a good coach would reward youth and get the best out of the team as far as being motivated at least aswell as have an actual game plan suited to playing each team not just the same old band aid rubbish 'power' game plan for every single team years in years out, the old 4 hit ups then a kick ( or not) from Marys brawny stuck brain

Exactly that nontime111, the same grind week in - week out , it has become unbearable to watch such a pathetic game plan . I am beginning to wonder if any of the Dragons opposition coaches are trying out different offensive moves themselves knowing full well that they only need to click-up a gear to overcome any thing that we can throw at them .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Back on topic....been banded aroung tonight that Manly are going to offer the Turbo brothers 10 mill over 5 years...you can pretty well guess that they aint goin nowhere soon

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Back on topic....been banded aroung tonight that Manly are going to offer the Turbo brothers 10 mill over 5 years...you can pretty well gues that they aint goin nowhere soon
What?! Do possm and frank know about this? I already had them penciled in as my 1 and 13 for next season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Exactly that nontime111, the same grind week in - week out , it has become unbearable to watch such a pathetic game plan . I am beginning to wonder if any of the Dragons opposition coaches are trying out different offensive moves themselves knowing full well that they only need to click-up a gear to overcome any thing that we can throw at them .
Well Im sure Lats scoring a try and Aitken throwing his arms in the air after The Storm scored the match winner has guaranteed their spot for the rest of the season ...thats how you operate isnt it Mary