What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Brothers in Red V.

Paddles

Juniors
I like Brimson as a player too, but to suggest that he even could take Ponga's Qld jersey in a year or two is in my opinion ludacris. In saying that I wouldn't mind us signing him and playing fullback.
Ponga possibly has the best natural skillset of anyone who has played the game, is smart and works hard. No one's getting his jersey anytime soon.

Tom is an exceptional player. A genuine Superstar. Not in the Johns or Fittler sense that you can build a team around him, but, he is a freak on-field. True X-factor.

Jake's a bit over-rated. Just your average hard-working NRL forward (although like his brother, seems like a genuinely nice young man).

Two good Aussie kids.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
To be honest if WIN's participation cannot help us secure players like these, then why are they involved at all?
We have to match the financial prowess and negotiating smarts of Easts and Melbourne if we are ever to return to the top echelon of clubs.
These two in particular could be a platform to grow from + a new coach from outside.
Win bought in just to keep the status quo

Ponga possibly has the best natural skillset of anyone who has played the game, is smart and works hard. No one's getting his jersey anytime soon.
You mean after next week? A bit of talk around that a couple of Qld power brokers weren't impressed in his display in SOO2, and told Kevvie not to name him for the 3rd game even though it is played 3 days after his reported 2 week layoff from injury.

Smurf

Juniors
My plan is

Step 1 sack Mary
Step 2 hire Trent Barrett ( the Manly boys apparently like him )
Step 3 sign Tom , Jake and Ben
Step 4 sack Barrett and sign a real Coach

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Straight swap Papenhouzen for Dufty. Surely Dufty would love to be coached by Bellamy and Papenhouzen would be playing first grade. Problem is that it should have been done prior to June 30.

Same size. Except their hearts.

Dufty is a cat.

BLM01

First Grade
Straight swap Papenhouzen for Dufty. Surely Dufty would love to be coached by Bellamy and Papenhouzen would be playing first grade. Problem is that it should have been done prior to June 30.
Would Papenhouzen love being coached by Mary in lieu of the Bellamy system should be the 1st question. If the answer is no then Possm...dream on!...next plan?