What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly don't want Hasler in 2012

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Are you for real? If this was reversed & Manly had bought both coaches & both scouts plus players from any team you would be screaming bloody murder that they are buying premierships.

Look it is what it is but at the end of the day the Dogs saw a winning formula in regards to coaching staff & instead of trying to replicate they have just payed a price & bought them all. You call it putting together a team but in the end everyone else calls it poaching and they have not even started with the players yet lol until Dave Warwick came back yesterday they had bought 4 of Manly's top coaching staff. Call it Karma for the 70's but fmd everyone is happy to mention that but forget the club went broke fighting SL when teams like the Dogs just shafted the ARL in the 11th hour & jumped ship.

All I can say is in Rugby league as in life things have a funny way of coming back to bite you & even Manly would sense a bit of irony in this. I also wonder how Dymock feels now that both coaches will be there in 2013.

Dymock getting shafted is the only part that annoyed me. Coaches get poached all the time, the only difference is that this time it's happening to Manly, hence the whinging.

Cleal was poached from Parramatta, like the majority of Manly, yet when Manly does it, it's just good business.

Valheru

Coach
It looks like we have a Bennett/Boyd situation with Hassler/Foran.

Will Foran sit out next season if he can’t play under Dessy?

^_^

Juniors
Nah have to disagree Paddy, when Manly took Cleal they did not also take their head & assistance coaches as well as attempt to take Jarod Hayne & whoever else.

This is not just a coach being taken this is a raid there is a big difference & that was my point.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Call it Karma for the 70's but fmd everyone is happy to mention that but forget the club went broke fighting SL when teams like the Dogs just shafted the ARL in the 11th hour & jumped ship.

All I can say is in Rugby league as in life things have a funny way of coming back to bite you & even Manly would sense a bit of irony in this. I also wonder how Dymock feels now that both coaches will be there in 2013.

Can you Manly Scum please drop this spin abut being the great "saviour" in the 90's. It's laughable - but good to see you finally admit that you were broke in 1999.

What I don't understand is that Manly were broke, but somehow, this was ignored in the "criteria", it was the Bears put into administration (not Manly) and Manly ended up with Gosford Stadium and a bailout worth many millions from the NRL and North Sydney Leagues. Rort indeed.

simostorm

Bench
Is it just me.. or does something need to be done to stop people from signing 2 seasons ahead?

Will players in 2012 start signing there next contracts for 2014 or further ahead??

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Nah have to disagree Paddy, when Manly took Cleal they did not also take their head & assistance coaches as well as attempt to take Jarod Hayne & whoever else.

This is not just a coach being taken this is a raid there is a big difference & that was my point.

Des goes, his coaching staff go. It really isn't that different, Parramatta pays for a big, successful junior system and they continually get poached. The only player who will probably go is Foran, most of the other players would be going to other clubs, but at the end of the day, there's a cap, so any more than one player won't happen.

Whether or not Jarryd Hayne goes is irrelevant, as the clubs junior system is essentially halved, when they pay to sustain it, it's not a two way street. Parra get drip dried year after year and Manly fans come out with "no-one wants to live there, no premierships" etc.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Is it just me.. or does something need to be done to stop people from signing 2 seasons ahead?

Will players in 2012 start signing there next contracts for 2014 or further ahead??

Even one I'd say. Have a transfer window for players, and and a rule where coaches move after they've left a club or straight away.

Also had a problem with that bit as well as the Dymock thing. He gets shafted, and Manly get shafted, not on.

^_^

Juniors
lol Im not going to argue about who buys which players Paddy, that is part of the game. You using the Eels as your justification doesn't change the fact if Manly bought your top coaches, support staff & scouts & then reported they will make big offers for high profile players then there would actually be outrage within the NRL community & your club as it would be seen as disgusting arrogance\ruthlessness by Manly decimating another club trying to chase success.

Look my original point was & you would probably agree, don't you think there would be a different opinion by the masses if Manly had been doing this to the Dogs?

PaddyBoy

Juniors
lol Im not going to argue about who buys which players Paddy, that is part of the game. You using the Eels as your justification doesn't change the fact if Manly bought your top coaches, support staff & scouts & then reported they will make big offers for high profile players then there would actually be outrage within the NRL community & your club as it would be seen as disgusting arrogance\ruthlessness by Manly decimating another club trying to chase success.

Look my original point was & you would probably agree, don't you think there would be a different opinion by the masses if Manly had been doing this to the Dogs?

Probably, though less since the Dogs started their recruitment drive during 08. The problem everyone has is the sense of entitlement. Bennett took staff with him to Newcastle, but the articles that were made for Dragons fans were either a) Is Bennett still committed to the Red V? B) How will Price do?

All the articles for the Manly fans have been "All the support staff are going too". Of course they are, they work for Des more than they work for the board.

firechild

First Grade
Cleal was poached from Parramatta, like the majority of Manly, yet when Manly does it, it's just good business.

Cleal played his career at Manly. Trying to get ex-players back to the club is hardly poaching.

I bet Dymock is looking forward to a very uncertain season 2012 before he gets the boot.

Latest posts