What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly in the gong.

blacksafake

First Grade
The key to this game is if Lids has a big night out.....after watching some of the games on the weekend the darts from dummy half are critical by the hookers.....you just have to keep turning the opposition forwards around and pinching cheap metres up the middle......also we can't rely on Hunts ineffective 5 tackle bombs....on most occassions he kicks down the fullbacks throats....if that's the case this weekend then Turbo will have a field day just like What happen against Redcliffe
And Marschke didn’t run once last week

Parko1310

Juniors
The game plan in the Dolphins game should have been to kick to Isaako, and kick a little bit to Bostock to vary it up and put some pressure on an inexperienced player. This very well may have been the game plan because Flano said Kyle and Hunt went away from it. Instead, Hunt did all the kicking and put it straight to the Hammer every single time. This week, the opposing wingers are Paulo and Vaega. Take your pick, and put some pressure on. There's some dropped balls to be had there, they're both not exactly class players.

IF we kick to Turbo at all, which I think we should on occasion, it should be planned. Like Isaako, Turbo is the best of their back three coming out of trouble. So when we do kick to him, there needs to be a big chase there to hit him as he catches the ball. Absolutely do not try and out leap Turbo when we kick to him would be my instruction to Lomax. Turbo will probably beat him in the air. We can't afford to give him any space, so big chase, wait for him to catch it, smash him, and then set the defensive line. Win that field position battle. We just need to play a bit smarter than we are at the moment, and this is one example. Sometimes it is better to get back on top of field position than it is to try and out leap someone. We need to pick our moments.

TheRev

First Grade
an attacker like Blaise Talagi took on Turbo when he scored on debut on the weekend.
I feel like not enough was made about this effort, I thought he could have stepped either way.. but he threw himself like a head-first torpedo.. at the defender.. it worked, and it was fearless... but I must say im not sure if he really throught it through.. just his natural impulse.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
How good would it be if we kept Lomax and Saints got Blaize from the Eels. Make it happen Flanno. Flanno's NRL record v Brad Arthur's is the selling point here. Brad may make finals but nothing much happens from there in his long tenure. 1 GF appearance and a couple of finals wins. Most times they are bundled out of the finals in week 1.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Imagine if Slone had the courage to take on a defender or an attacker like Blaise Talagi took on Turbo when he scored on debut on the weekend.
There lays the problem. Junior coaches!!!
Junior coaches do not teach this. They do it, to easy for guys like Sloan just to run around other kids.
best he goes into sprinting- maybe there’s a gold medal in it for him.

justadragon

Bench
His dad bought him to play in the halves.
His dad also said he was brought here as a 14, but had no choice when Amone got dusted up. I believe if we had another decent half flanno jnr wouldnt be 6. Please dont bring up Sullivan as he is going down the pecking order fast at the tigers, I dont think he'll make the team next year when Luai gets there, at least not in the halves, unless there is injury.

justadragon

Bench
How good would it be if we kept Lomax and Saints got Blaize from the Eels. Make it happen Flanno. Flanno's NRL record v Brad Arthur's is the selling point here. Brad may make finals but nothing much happens from there in his long tenure. 1 GF appearance and a couple of finals wins. Most times they are bundled out of the finals in week 1.
Still better than not making finals at all and having your season decided by RD 7-12.

His dad also said he was brought here as a 14, but had no choice when Amone got dusted up. I believe if we had another decent half flanno jnr wouldnt be 6. Please dont bring up Sullivan as he is going down the pecking order fast at the tigers, I dont think he'll make the team next year when Luai gets there, at least not in the halves, unless there is injury.
His dad told Bud to look elsewhere and- after Bud signed a contract with the Tigers- Kyle was signed. If Kyle was going to be 14, who was going to be 6? Obviously not Amone. He was always going to be ineligble.