What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

ceagle

Bench
Two of the most cheating teams in the comp.
Both teams are coached by dumb arse cheating coaches.
Both teams have thugs rather than true footballers.
What else would you expect from this game ?.....
Both teams should be fined and docked 2 points each.
Do you understand the definition of cheating? We have never cheated, now go back and play with your toys.

Butters

Bench
It's a shame Blair didn't get his lights punched out, what a cat. Melbourne use the tactic to hold a player and someone comes in (Blair) and throws countless punches to a players head (that is being held). Well Manly are just being Manly.

You can't count to 1? :/ He punched the dirty merkin who started the fight while he was still throwing trying to throw them ffs.

If you want to see someone throwing countless punches into a player held by his teammates check out Glenn Stewarts effort on Blair after half his team mob him.

Butters

Bench
Waterhouse was sent off and Poore was suspended for picking up and dropping the unconscious Steve Price. Pretty sure thats how it went.

ceagle

Bench
If any players are suspended for the finals series it will rub a huge question mark on this years premiership.

gronkathon

First Grade
If any players are suspended for the finals series it will rub a huge question mark on this years premiership.

I would say it would leave a huge mark on their character and maybe give a coach or two an excuse to piss and moan

Smith got suspended deservedly the year you tounced them in the GF. Didn't hear the same level of concern out of the Shalvey by the Sea faithfull back then.

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I don't get what you're trying to prove....if anything it means that B Stewart should have been sent off.

ceagle

Bench
But not suspended, it is alot worse tackling an unconscious players, the combing his hair for him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Danny Williams copped 18 weeks for king hit. BStewart (luckily for him) didn't fully connect and attempted the king hit as an extra rather than being the sole instigator. So it depends I guess. Did the judiciary punish Williams for the act or the outcome, and does attempting it in response to a fight mitigate it?

Will be interesting. I have no idea what they'll do, but if stomping it out is the aim it won't be 4 weeks.

Had stewart connected, id sit him for 18 weeks like Williams.
The fact he missed, does alter the punishment imo, lucky for him

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm not sure the unconscious part would have come into it at the judiciary, Waterhouse wouldn't have had a clue he had just been knocked out a split second before he made the tackle. Stewart came running in with an attack to the head, should have done what Foran did if he wanted to stop the fight and that is grab Blair or his brother.

Noa

First Grade
Laughing at the e-mail fat boy Moore is reading to Gallop. How predictable is that.

oval

Juniors
"Bringing the game into disrepute" is such a load of crap. Everyone loves this stuff - from the fans who write 25 pages of forum chat, to the media who sell a few more papers out of it, to the NRL administrators who pretend they think this behaviour is outrageous but know the end result will be higher ratings and game attendance.

I fully condone this kind of behaviour in a rugby league match. It's good for the game. It's entertainment, pure and simple. Mums aren't going to stop their kids playing footy because of some fisticuffs - they're more likely to stop their kids playing footy after seeing David Williams carried off in a stretcher with a neck injury. But as always, the vocal minority of small minded moral crusaders will be baying for "justice".

Regarding the actual incident(s), I am bisaed towards Manly so cannot really comment. Everyone was fired up and hot-headed, the crowd was going apeshit, and there is alot of history between the 2 teams. Footy players do dumb things in that environment, and we saw that from both sides last night. My biggest concern is the loss of players for the finals, but rules are rules, and both teams are just going to have to suck it up.

Good times.