What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Stinkler

Juniors
LOL @ those of you blaming the referees for this.

Would you be happy if Manly were reduced to 8 or 9 players for a big part of the game?

They did the right thing by binning Blair and G.Stewart in the first place.
They waited a decent length of time for G.Stewart to leave the field before marching Blair.

The PLAYERS involved need to take responsibility.

In my opinion:

MANLY:
G.Stewart - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (3rd man in to initial fight)
G.Stewart - Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - 325 points (failing to leave the field after being sin binned + fighting)
B.Stewart - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)
B.Stewart - Grade 2 Striking - 225 points (flying kungfu move)
K.Foran - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)
M.Robertson - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)
D.Lussick - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)

STORM:
A.Blair - Grade 2 Striking - 225 points (uppercut in initial fight)
A.Blair - Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - 325 points (failing to leave the field after being sin binned + fighting)
R.Hinchcliffe - Grade 1 Striking - 125 points (Elbow)
S.Waqa - Grade 1 Re-Entering Play - 75 points
S.Manu - Grade 1 Re-Entering Play - 75 points
B.Norrie - Grade 1 Re-Entering Play - 75 points
J.Lowe - Grade 1 Re-Entering Play - 75 points

Not sure if "Re-Entering Play" is the right charge, but the points penalty suits the crime.

I also may have missed some players, but I'm not spending a day looking at the video!

effnic

Bench
That was f**king awesome.

I reckon the NRL should cite no one, no one should get suspended and the draw should be re-done so they play each other again, intact, next week.

Sums it up perfectly. Cant believe the skirts on this site. Remember your just fans not players, not judiciary members STFU ffs.

Stinkler

Juniors
Sums it up perfectly. Cant believe the skirts on this site. Remember your just fans not players, not judiciary members STFU ffs.

Someone seems a little upset that his team are so grubby and facing long suspensions.

We have every right to talk about the disgraceful events of last night.
We have every right to speculate about potential punishments.

You need to face up to the fact that your club has some serious problems to deal with this week, and stop deflecting the problems by calling people "skirt" wearers.

Mortar

Juniors
Blair approached him, and pushed him = antagonist. Just like he was when he laid into kissick when Smith, Widdop, Hinchcliffe and Proctor were holding him up.

There is no issue with having more than 13 players on the field as time was blown off. It didnt affect play unlike Canterbury having and endless backline v Penrith

But if you can't see Blair and the storm escalated a ruck disagreement into a brawl you need massive help - and probably a carer.

It's funny that dickheads like you carry on about Sam Thaiday running in and pushing people in a scrap but seem to think it is ok for 4 players to attack another who is on the ground.

No matter how much you hate Mongbourne there is no excusing that bullshit behaviour but go ahead and keep on dribbling shit.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Re watching it i think:

Blair: In big trouble, is a grub, has form and despite being attacked in the manner he did, deserves to sit out the remainder of the season.

G.Stewart: Instigated the 2nd brawl, doesnt matter what blair said, the harmless shoving was going both ways until Stewart threw haymakers. He should also sit the rest of the year

B.Stewart: Flying attempt at a king hit, would have barely grazed Blair but the message has got to be sent about that kind of thing. Two men fighting one and one is fine, but when a 3rd man comes in a trys to blind side him, its gotta to be stomped out. 4 weeks.

Hinchcliffe: Elbow, penalty was sufficient for what was pretty much a non event, maybe it was intentional but it looks fairly accidential to me, and would easily be challenged and won on those grounds. No point in charging him.

Lussiak/However it was laying on top of Blair belting him repeatably: 10 weeks and is an absolute dog, and a weak, gutless human being.

Rodent

Bench
I think the NRL need to send a strong message. Not necessarily because of the offences themselves (which certainly need to be punished) but because of when they occurred. There was no heat of the moment. Play had been stopped for some time and players had been sin binned. What happened after that was the players wresting control from the refs. Total disregard for their authority. Going soft on the perpetrators will send the wrong message.
How many 3rd man in situations would you get if it were a mandatory suspension?

Special K

Coach
Brett Stewart should get some time the f**king grub.

The trainers also should get a slap for not walking the players off...

hutch

First Grade
Do people expect the manly and Melbourne players to just carry on playing and not run over to Stewart and Blair? All this 5 on 1 talk is a load of crap!

I don't know why Brett Stewart would be suspended. He didn't really do anything serious. It wasn't a punch or any kind of strike really, he just sort of ran in the same as the other players but just did it at pace and probably looked to have targetted Blair to some extent. Not sure what charge other than third man in he could cop and they could all be up for that.

Lussick is the one who threw a punch or two and for that he should have been marched. He should probably cop a couple of weeks.

The other two should cop some time off as well. Maybe a week.

But I predict the NRL will cave in to moronic crying from the "think of the children" brigade and other assorted thickwits and go totally overboard with suspensions and other punishments.

Lossy

Juniors
B.Stewart: Flying attempt at a king hit, would have barely grazed Blair but the message has got to be sent about that kind of thing. Two men fighting one and one is fine, but when a 3rd man comes in a trys to blind side him, its gotta to be stomped out. 4 weeks.

Danny Williams copped 18 weeks for king hit. BStewart (luckily for him) didn't fully connect and attempted the king hit as an extra rather than being the sole instigator. So it depends I guess. Did the judiciary punish Williams for the act or the outcome, and does attempting it in response to a fight mitigate it?

Will be interesting. I have no idea what they'll do, but if stomping it out is the aim it won't be 4 weeks.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Would you be happy if Manly were reduced to 8 or 9 players for a big part of the game?

They waited a decent length of time for G.Stewart to leave the field before marching Blair.

In my opinion:

MANLY:
G.Stewart - Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - 325 points (failing to leave the field after being sin binned + fighting)
B.Stewart - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)
M.Robertson - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)
D.Lussick - Grade 1 Contrary Conduct - 125 points (running in to secondary fight)

STORM:
A.Blair - Grade 3 Contrary Conduct - 325 points (failing to leave the field after being sin binned + fighting)

Not sure if "Re-Entering Play" is the right charge, but the points penalty suits the crime.

I also may have missed some players, but I'm not spending a day looking at the video!
Nice work summed it up pretty well - you might get a job with the judiciary. Although I think Lussick might be dealt with a bit harsher for his punches in the "2nd fight".

Loudstrat

Coach

In my opinion:

MANLY:

STORM:

All good, except Stewart was about the 10th man in. The third man in technically was Smith, who didnt throw punches. The third aggressor was Blair.

Stewart was originally binned because he was the one that raced in from some distance and threw punches, and I think the report was for exactly that.

It's funny that dickheads like you carry on about Sam Thaiday running in and pushing people in a scrap but seem to think it is ok for 4 players to attack another who is on the ground.

No matter how much you hate Mongbourne there is no excusing that bullshit behaviour but go ahead and keep on dribbling shit.
And it's funny that f*cktards like you havent tried proving me wrong, just dribbling some stupid abuse like normal.

Yes, I saw Blair on the ground and what the Manly players did - everyone saw. I also saw what Blair did to instigate it - He made multiple choices to do stuff that made it worse, from his thuggery on Lissick, to running to catch up with GS, to instigate the fight - to sledge him and push him when he should have been keeping his distance and walking up the tunnel. But dont let those facts transverse the tin foil hat that guards your brain you dense f*cktard.

I guess it has diverted you from complaining about premierships being stripped unfairly just because you broke the nasty old salary cap.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Back in 2000 one of the Walker brothers threw a cheap elbow that didn't connect but was sent off for the intent.

Some might recall the infamous exchange between the ref and touchie about the "serious" nature of it all.

Latest posts