What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Mistyshit now trying to justify Lussick, Stewart and Watmough's actions with "but he said something nasty".

Such a tard.

Engine

Juniors
Injuries...is it me or has there been more serious injuries than any year I can remember?

HowHigh

Coach
Credit to Slater too for the way he reacted and helped Williams after it.
I don't like Slater but it was nice to see..

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-to-investiga...-gallop/tabid/10874/newsid/64457/default.aspx

The National Rugby League will investigate three key aspects of last night’s Manly v Melbourne match.
The first is the on-field issues that the NRL Match Review Committee will examine as part of their weekly procedures starting Monday morning.
The second relates to the NRL’s Football Operations Guidelines in regards to the sideline benches and how players and officials must conduct themselves.
The third relates to the overall conduct of the clubs involved.

"The Match Review Committee will begin its deliberations on Monday morning and the NRL Football Department has already begun its own investigations into the other aspects of last night’s events.

Some who have suggested the worst culprits will only get a week and that'll be the end of that aren't even in the ball park.

Both clubs are going to get fined. Blair and G Stewart at the very least have played their last games of the season. The four Manly blokes who charged in into the 1 on 1 fight 30 seconds after everyone was lectured about 3rd man in are in strife. So is any bench player who came onto the field just to get in a brawl.

The NRL isn't going to just give people a slap on the wrist for this...

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
If G.Stewart and Blair are both suspended then any player who stars in a fight here on in deserves the same punishment.

If a player is so ill diciplined to get sinbined then shows another act off ill discipline in the motion of being disciplined what other action do the disciplinary panel have other than more discipline? Special hearing, big fines and a few suspensions.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Actually.
Hes 100% wrong
Hinchy is the instigator the first time and Stewart is the instigator the second time.
Wrong again mate, have another look, in the second instance, blair runs to catch up to him, has something to say and then grabs him by the jersey around the throat area, after that Stewart takes a swing and the rest is history....

M2D2

Bench
Wrong again mate, have another look, in the second instance, blair runs to catch up to him, has something to say and then grabs him by the jersey around the throat area, after that Stewart takes a swing and the rest is history....
:lol::lol::lol:
Stewart swung first, Instigator.
How hard is it for people to grasp this?

ceagle

Bench
:lol::lol::lol:
Stewart swung first, Instigator.
How hard is it for people to grasp this?
So it is ok to go upto people get in their face and push them, whilst not expecting any retaliation? Yep, strong logic there.

sting

Bench
If any players are suspended for the finals series it will rub a huge question mark on this years premiership.

Just when I was about to come in and say this was the dumbest post of the thread.....

David Williams - broken neck. Puts the BS in perspective.

couldnt happen to a better person

....This f**kwit comes along. You should be ashamed of yourself pirie.

As others have said, credit to Slater for reacting the way he did. He's one of my most hated players and I think he's a massive grub but he definitely did the honourable thing this time. Well done.

Hope the Wolfman can have a successful recovery

M2D2

Bench
So it is ok to go upto people get in their face and push them, whilst not expecting any retaliation? Yep, strong logic there.
With how quick Stewart swung the moment Blair touched his Jersey. That wasnt retaliation, that was premeditated.
Stewart was the aggressor. No smokescreen manly fans/storm haters will put up will change that.
Just like Blair wasnt the aggressor the first time. Hinchy was.

simostorm

Bench
Its generating a fair bit of publicity down here..the attention its brought to the game, maybe the NRL should be paying Manly and Melbourne more money than what they are paying Bon Jovi to sing that rubbish song..

HowHigh

Coach
With how quick Stewart swung the moment Blair touched his Jersey. That wasnt retaliation, that was premeditated.
Stewart was the aggressor. No smokescreen manly fans/storm haters will put up will change that.
Just like Blair wasnt the aggressor the first time. Hinchy was.
He wouldn't have swung if Blair hadn't grabbed his jersey and got in his face
It was retaliation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk83bOsoLOc @ 3:25 onwards

ceagle

Bench
I think I might go down to the cross tonight and grab hold of a few people, surely nothing will happen :roll:

M2D2

Bench
He wouldn't have swung if Blair hadn't grabbed his jersey and got in his face
It was retaliation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk83bOsoLOc @ 3:25 onwards
Oh yeah?
Have a look at who grabs the jersey first at 4:47 on the replay?
Oh thats right, Its Stewart.
I think I might go down to the cross tonight and grab hold of a few people, surely nothing will happen
Sure, Off you go. The forum will be better for it.