What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Tommax25

Bench
Also, people saying Glenn threw the first punch (he did) AND he started it by holding the jersey are also wrong imo. He threw the first punch but only because Blair shoves him. Blair shoves him because Glenn puit his hands up. Glenn put his hands up to keep some distance bewteen them becasue Blair was leaning in and saying shit all up in his face and personal space.

Again, should Glenn meekly bow his head and submit to such treatment? The way I see it Blair is the instigator of the whole thing (when you add in the run to catch Glenn as well).

SilentAssassin

Juniors
You are a lowlife... Really... get a clue.
Slandering people or players that you hate for things that happen during a game is one thing, but a comment like that for a young man with a broken neck
That is completely piss poor

Did I miss something? Can you post a link confirming he has a broken neck?

Nevermind. Seen it.

Last edited:
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-to-investiga...-gallop/tabid/10874/newsid/64457/default.aspx

Some who have suggested the worst culprits will only get a week and that'll be the end of that aren't even in the ball park.

Both clubs are going to get fined. Blair and G Stewart at the very least have played their last games of the season. The four Manly blokes who charged in into the 1 on 1 fight 30 seconds after everyone was lectured about 3rd man in are in strife. So is any bench player who came onto the field just to get in a brawl.

The NRL isn't going to just give people a slap on the wrist for this...
Shoot me now... i agree 100% with you.

simostorm

Bench
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-to-investiga...-gallop/tabid/10874/newsid/64457/default.aspx

The National Rugby League will investigate three key aspects of last night’s Manly v Melbourne match.
The first is the on-field issues that the NRL Match Review Committee will examine as part of their weekly procedures starting Monday morning.
The second relates to the NRL’s Football Operations Guidelines in regards to the sideline benches and how players and officials must conduct themselves.
The third relates to the overall conduct of the clubs involved.
"I can understand that everybody is concerned with what occurred last night and it is important that it be looked at in the appropriate manner," NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said.
"Clearly this is serious and unacceptable. No one wants to see protracted fighting and the NRL has processes in place to deal with these issues.
"The Match Review Committee will begin its deliberations on Monday morning and the NRL Football Department has already begun its own investigations into the other aspects of last night’s events.
"The NRL will also review the conduct of both clubs and it is important that everyone respects the need for these processes to be completed."

He has spoken..

i think he also said somewhere.. but i dont have a link.. that the hotdogs at the game were nice and that he had 2 of them..

blaza88z

Coach
hahahaha I called it earlier in the thread how funny it would be if he did his knee sprinting to be apart of the action

:lol::lol::lol:

Spuddicus

Juniors
Also, people saying Glenn threw the first punch (he did) AND he started it by holding the jersey are also wrong imo. He threw the first punch but only because Blair shoves him. Blair shoves him because Glenn puit his hands up. Glenn put his hands up to keep some distance bewteen them becasue Blair was leaning in and saying shit all up in his face and personal space.

Again, should Glenn meekly bow his head and submit to such treatment? The way I see it Blair is the instigator of the whole thing (when you add in the run to catch Glenn as well).

Ohh please glenn while slowly walking off turns around twice to see where blair is, and the first punch glenn throws was only thrown when he looks over his shoulder and (i guess) sees his teamates sprinting to him.

bileduct

Coach
Ohh please glenn while slowly walking off turns around twice to see where blair is, and the first punch glenn throws was only thrown when he looks over his shoulder and (i guess) sees his teamates sprinting to him.
Seriously, pass the bong.

Tommax25

Bench

He looks over his shoulder becasue the trainer says something to him.Manly players were sprinting over before they started fighting? Hmmmmm.....

Oh, and running to catch up to someone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>walking off slowly. Does Glenn have to sprint off? Can't Blair have walked as well and have avoided this whole mess? Blair is in the wrong.

ceagle

Bench
How dare he look behind him.

Just watched it again.Stewert grabs Blairs jersey first ,then blair grabs stewerts ,then Stewert throws the first punch.

Ianc

Juniors
I watch the link to the fight earlier in this thread.

IMO Blair was running off the field & had no intention to do what he did. You can see Stewart change his line to get in front of Blair who tried to change again then thought better of it & the confrontation occured.

The whole thing look wierd & I think Gus was close on the night when he said Stewart took the opportunity for some payback.

The only 2 of the 4 manly guys that ran in who wanted it stopped where Robertson & Foran. B Stewart & Lussick were grubs.

Apart from Manly getting the penalty from the love tap, I have no issues with what occured before that. What Blair did to Lussick was grubby but it happens all the time & he got what he deserved from the refs. I didn't see why G Stewart was marched though.

M2D2

Bench
I know. Stewart was walking off the field, and he MADE Blair run toward him. He MADE Blair stop when he got next to him. He MADE Blair bump into his shoulder, face up to him, grab his jersey, let fly with some sledging and giove him a shove.
Stewart looked back twice.
Stewart grabbed his jersey first.
Stewart threw the first punch.

Youre more brain dead than bigcountry.

Tommax25

Bench
Just watched it again.Stewert grabs Blairs jersey first ,then blair grabs stewerts ,then Stewert throws the first punch.

No, Glenn puts his hands up to create some space because Blair is leaning in and getting in his face with his trash talk. Blair reacts to the hands up with a shove, and Glenn reacts with a punch. Please watch it again.

Tommax25

Bench
Stewart looked back twice.
Stewart grabbed his jersey first.
Stewart threw the first punch.

Youre more brain dead than bigcountry.

No, Glenn puts his hands up to create some space because Blair is leaning in and getting in his face with his trash talk. Blair reacts to the hands up with a shove, and Glenn reacts with a punch. Please watch it again.

RHCP

Bench
I was really disappointed by it all.

Did not live up to the hype.

Who cares who instigated it btw, they were both involved regardless.

Latest posts