What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

0qMzA.gif

the Lock8

Juniors
What a joke the NRL is. Firstly Glenn Stewart is pleading not guilty, then Manly comes up with some crock of s**t about their legal counsel quitting so they get to see what Bair got for pleading guilty. What do you know, miraculously tonight they plead guilty. Nothing like a fair and honest system. If Stewart was going to be offered an extension last night, then Adam Blairs sentence should not have been made public until after Stewarts case was heard. It is one of the biggest snow jobs the NRL has ever pulled, that is apart from Cam Smith in2008.

big_matt

Juniors
What a joke the NRL is. Firstly Glenn Stewart is pleading not guilty, then Manly comes up with some crock of s**t about their legal counsel quitting so they get to see what Bair got for pleading guilty. What do you know, miraculously tonight they plead guilty. Nothing like a fair and honest system. If Stewart was going to be offered an extension last night, then Adam Blairs sentence should not have been made public until after Stewarts case was heard. It is one of the biggest snow jobs the NRL has ever pulled, that is apart from Cam Smith in2008.

It's a total farce. Not sure what is more embarrasing - Manly's behaviour or the fact that the NRL are allowing it no questions asked. The NRL are absolutely loving trying to get a Sydney club over the line.

Sure Manly, have an extension if you want. In fact come back with a different plea tomorrow if you want. Its all good. We'll stop Storm winning the GF don't worry boys.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It's a total farce. Not sure what is more embarrasing - Manly's behaviour or the fact that the NRL are allowing it no questions asked. The NRL are absolutely loving trying to get a Sydney club over the line.

Sure Manly, have an extension if you want. In fact come back with a different plea tomorrow if you want. Its all good. We'll stop Storm winning the GF don't worry boys.

:roll:Allowing what no questions asked? They had to provide evidence last night that the lawyer buggered off on them.
But yes, yes the NRL would love nothing more than see Manly win:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

big_matt

Juniors
:roll:Allowing what no questions asked? They had to provide evidence last night that the lawyer buggered off on them.
But yes, yes the NRL would love nothing more than see Manly win:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Allowing you to change your plea no questions asked.

Why was he "absolutely innocent" on Wednesday and "admitting guilt" on Thursday? Maybe because you'd seen Blair got 3 weeks as guilty?

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Allowing you to change your plea no questions asked.

Why was he "absolutely innocent" on Wednesday and "admitting guilt" on Thursday? Maybe because you'd seen Blair got 3 weeks as guilty?

because the first counsel was an absolute nut job trying to get him off because he did not throw a punch in the first fight, when the NRL wouldn't allow him to bring the 2 fights into 1 situation he quit....
Manly made the mistake of ever listening to him, the Judiciary chairman acknnowledged he had hung them and stewart out to dry and allowed a new counsel 24 hours to return with a new plea

Whats the issue???

Lowdown

Juniors
So let me see if I get this:

Blair pleads guilty early. He gets 3 weeks.

Stewart pleads not guilty. Then gets a late adjournment.

Manly gleam the facts and outcomes of the Blair case, then change his plea to guilty.

Despite losing the early plea discount, judiciary hand down a 3 match suspension.

He threw the first punch people! There no other way to view this than a total farce. Surely by changing his plea he must have been facing a 4+ ban!

big_matt

Juniors
because the first counsel was an absolute nut job trying to get him off because he did not throw a punch in the first fight, when the NRL wouldn't allow him to bring the 2 fights into 1 situation he quit....
Manly made the mistake of ever listening to him, the Judiciary chairman acknnowledged he had hung them and stewart out to dry and allowed a new counsel 24 hours to return with a new plea

Whats the issue???

The issue would be that you are not allowed to change a plea that has been officially entered....until tonight it seems.

And who's fault is it that you were planning on using a 'nut job' councel? You had 5 days to prepare for the judiciary. If he was wanting to say a guy who started a fight was innocent of fighting you could have sacked him on day 1. It's your club's duty to come to the panel with appropriate council, not the NRL's duty to let you off when you can't manage that.

The councel doesn't work alone - other people at your club obviously thought getting away with a not guilty plea was possible originally until they realised everyone thought it was a laughable idea.

the Lock8

Juniors
I wonder if I go to the TAB and tell them I want to place some bets on this weeks games, but I can't get my money until the Monday, so if it's OK I'll place them on Monday after I know the results. I wonder what they'd say?

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
So let me see if I get this:

Blair pleads guilty early. He gets 3 weeks.

Stewart pleads not guilty. Then gets a late adjournment.

Manly gleam the facts and outcomes of the Blair case, then change his plea to guilty.

Despite losing the early plea discount, judiciary hand down a 3 match suspension.

He threw the first punch people! There no other way to view this than a total farce. Surely by changing his plea he must have been facing a 4+ ban!
He pleaded guilty!!!
The judiciary have agreed that both parties were equally responsible for the fight and given them the same suspension.... surprise surprise.
Any norman person without bias or complete and utter hatred for 1 of the 2 parties can see they were as guilty as each other and deserved the same sentence.

El Diablo

Post Whore
He pleaded guilty!!!
The judiciary have agreed that both parties were equally responsible for the fight and given them the same suspension.... surprise surprise.
Any norman person without bias or complete and utter hatred for 1 of the 2 parties can see they were as guilty as each other and deserved the same sentence.

no they weren't

Stewart started the sideline shit and should have got more

RHCP

Bench
They were always going to get the same sentence. We would've never heard the end of this otherwise.

I really feel for Blair and Stewart. To miss the Grand Final (potentially) for that is bullshit.

Latest posts