What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

ceagle

Bench
It proves that Blair was aggresive from the start and Stewart was only trying to subdue the situation originally. You could also say that Stewart was walking slowly to the bin because he was in disgust of the decision.

Ulysseus

Bench
If you think Hinchcliffe should've got cited for that love tap then best you go and watch netball with the rest of the girls. Geez there's some f**king skirts around here :lol:

Don't write cheques with your mouth your body can't cash.
I find it ironic he wasn't cited, considering his was the only one that drew blood, albeit much later.
Most of the rest of the punches, from either side, were frankly shit house and would not have removed skin from a banana.

betcats

Referee
It proves that Blair was aggresive from the start and Stewart was only trying to subdue the situation originally. You could also say that Stewart was walking slowly to the bin because he was in disgust of the decision.

Blair was punished for his actions in the first fight so that shouldnt really come in to Stewarts case. Stewart walking off the field doesnt really bother me, im sure ive seen other blokes walk off.

Tommax25

Bench
"We also f**ked up believing that Stewart instigated anything at all in the first brawl, my bad"
You must have missed the Manly arrogance thread. This point of view is arrogant. If the refs want to send people to the sinbin for no reason then you accept it and sprint off the field. If you oppose the decision in any way, even just thinking its wrong, you are arrogant. Stewart 13129048 weeks.

Perth Red

Post Whore

:D Some serious maroon and white glasses you've got there. Whilst not conclusive it does look like Stewart throws a couple of punches over the top from the back of the original melee. I am guessing this is what one of the refs saw and why he was binned. Only Blair and him threw punches when joing the melee, everyone else was just grabbing and pushing.

re him not being the instigator of the second flight, please he did three things that were all his responsibility and caused it
1. Deliberatley slowing down so Blair could catch up
2, Changing direction to ensure they came together
3. Throwing the first punch

I still say B Stewart is the player who got off the lightest.

to_ddeath

Coach
The fact that Stewart gets a stay of proceedings & an extra day to get new legal counsel or what not, is completely ridiculous. If Blair was ready to be suspended, Stewart should have been as well. Manly are getting all the NRLs favours as per usual. Hopefully now both teams will clean up their f*cking act on the field, though somehow I doubt this will really truly happen

Nice Beaver

First Grade
:D Some serious maroon and white glasses you've got there. Whilst not conclusive it does look like Stewart throws a couple of punches over the top from the back of the original melee. I am guessing this is what one of the refs saw and why he was binned. Only Blair and him threw punches when joing the melee, everyone else was just grabbing and pushing.

re him not being the instigator of the second flight, please he did three things that were all his responsibility and caused it
1. Deliberatley slowing down so Blair could catch up
2, Changing direction to ensure they came together
3. Throwing the first punch

I still say B Stewart is the player who got off the lightest.

While I agree with you on the biased slant regarding that interesting take on Stewart's walk off, he did not hit anyone in the first fight at all. The refs got that stone cold wrong.
Irrelevant to the charge anyway, but they did get it wrong.

Tommax25

Bench
The fact that Stewart gets a stay of proceedings & an extra day to get new legal counsel or what not, is completely ridiculous. If Blair was ready to be suspended, Stewart should have been as well. Manly are getting all the NRLs favours as per usual. Hopefully now both teams will clean up their f*cking act on the field, though somehow I doubt this will really truly happen

Its arrogant, isnt it? Disgracefully arrogant.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

How hard is it for some people to understand.....the lawyer quit - Manly did not sack him!!
What were they supposed to do? Rock up and mount a defence without legal counsel?
If the same thing happened with Blair's legal representative the same result would have ensued ie. a stay or proceedings.
Big favour from the NRL idiot :roll:

Tommax25

Bench
How hard is it for some people to understand.....the lawyer quit - Manly did not sack him!!
What were they supposed to do? Rock up and mount a defence without legal counsel?
If the same thing happened with Blair's legal representative the same result would have ensued ie. a stay or proceedings.
Big favour from the NRL idiot :roll:

Irrelevant. The people want blood, the blood of an arrogant Sea Eagle. They won't be sated until Glenn gets 16-18 weeks, and the fact that they even dared hire legal represntation in the first place is just arrogant. I'd say you should just go with the flow. Being a sheep is fun.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Irrelevant. The people want blood, the blood of an arrogant Sea Eagle. They won't be sated until Glenn gets 16-18 weeks, and the fact that they even dared hire legal represntation in the first place is just arrogant. I'd say you should just go with the flow. Being a sheep is fun.

The money I would pay to see him walk tonight.
It would be worth every cent to come on here and here the cries of indignation. Sadly, he'll get 3 weeks like Blair. Both should have got 1-2 weeks, but such is life.

to_ddeath

Coach

It's not about having or not having legal representation, you pompous assclown. It's the extra time allowed etc.... The decision on Stewart SHOULD have been handed down by now. Manly have turned the whole affair into a time-consuming farce.

T.

firechild

First Grade
Manly did not turn it into a time consuming farce. That was the fault of the NRL who refused to answer the questions asked by the legal representative regarding the charges Stewart was facing. The NRL have acknowledged that and allowed 24 hours. Effectively Blair's representative got 48 hours to make a case, Stewart's will have 24 hours. It's not a situation that Manly would have wanted to put themselves in.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It's not about having or not having legal representation, you pompous assclown. It's the extra time allowed etc.... The decision on Stewart SHOULD have been handed down by now. Manly have turned the whole affair into a time-consuming farce.

T.

:clap::clap::clap:
Dumbest comment I've read for quite some time. Well done.
Its not about having or not having legal representation??? Its EVERYTHING to do with that you moron!!!
If he had the legal representation he would have had his case held last night. As it was the legal representative quit.
Whilst not a court of law, every player is still entitled to a fair hearing with legal representation.

ceagle

Bench
Fuuark, just hurry up and suspend him already, I just want to start discussing actual footy again.

Hutty1986

Immortal
:clap::clap::clap:
Dumbest comment I've read for quite some time. Well done.
Its not about having or not having legal representation??? Its EVERYTHING to do with that you moron!!!
If he had the legal representation he would have had his case held last night. As it was the legal representative quit.
Whilst not a court of law, every player is still entitled to a fair hearing with legal representation.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on the effect of being Stewart-less for a couple of weeks (Brett back in 1-2 by the sounds of it).. Your halves are fairly dominant, but they're two pretty handy players

Tommax25

Bench

T.

I would have thought that Manly's legal rep quitting on them 7 hours or so before the case wouldn't be their fault but you say it is so it must be so. Well then how DARE Manly seek an adjournment! How DARE they make up the word adjournment and its meaning, tell it to the judiciary, force them to install it within their rules, and finally grant it to them. HOW DARE THEY! Oh, Manly didn't make force the judiciary to give them an adjournment, its something thats already in place for situations like this?....................... MANLY ARE ARROGANT!!!!!!11111!1!!!!!!!11!

ceagle

Bench
I'm interested to know your thoughts on the effect of being Stewart-less for a couple of weeks (Brett back in 1-2 by the sounds of it).. Your halves are fairly dominant, but they're two pretty handy players
He will be a big blow for us, but Buhrer is a underrated player, with great ball playing skills as evidenced by Des putting him at 5/8.

We still literally have a full strength backline, and a decent forward pack with some players finding form (Rodney, T-Rex).

firechild

First Grade
It's certainly tough but Brett is a confirmed starter for the finals. Glenn is a big loss but fortunately Manly have plenty of depth in the 2nd row. Jamie Buhrer can cover pretty much every position besides prop and is seen largely as a 2nd rower. That means he will fit in nicely at lock and will fill Glenn's shoes quite well. He's obviously not the standout player Stewart is but he's a handy replacement. A 2nd row of Watmough, Rodney and Buhrer is still pretty handy. Brett is being covered this week by Hopoate who will shift to the wing in week 1 of the finals. I reckon with Foran and Stewart (B) back, it's going to be a pretty strong side for the first week of the finals and should certainly be favourites to beat the Warriors or Cowboys.