What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Roy80

Juniors
Blair hitting Lussick when he had his head down and people all over him was a cheap shot. Lussick was bleeding for the rest of the game because of it. Blair the Prick got what he deserved. He was the one who chased Glenn Stewart off aswell. About time a team gave it to the Storm.

Supporters from other teams will be calling for suspensions to bring these two back to the field. Get on with it, a week at most for one or two players.

aussie7798

First Grade
What happened to 3rd man in goes to the bin
should have been 3rd 4th 5th 6th man in from manly to the bin

elbusto

Coach
This.

The two grubbiest sides in the comp. Ironic that the last time 2 blokes were sent off was Brett White and Ben Ross - Melboring v Cronulla, when Smith and one other held Ross while White laid into him.

The incidents in the two brawls that differ from just about any other club:

• Blair's third man in - and the flurry of punched that low dog laid on a man that was held
  • Stewarts "fourth man in" (I didnt see it, but I get the gist what happened)
  • Stewart wandering off slowly waiting to square up - most players just cop it sweet and go
  • Blair sprinting to catch up with him, and then niggle him - this is what flared up the second incident - and I reckon we wont see Blair again this year
  • The Manly players escalating the brawl - kudos to those who ran in to calm it down btw
  • The Melboring players whop ran in to carry it on
  • The benchies for geting involved
Players will be suspended. Clubs will be fined.

And the NRL deserves it for letting these clubs - especially Melbourne - persist with their grub culture. I still remember their stunning whinge when Smith was done for trying to rip Thaiday's head off.

The massive irony is that moments before Melbourne players did their first decent humane act ever on a footy field with the care taken when Wolfman was injured. Didnt take them long to revert to being grubs.

Both will be without key players now. Opens the door for Wests, Brisbane, NZ and maybe the Dragons a bit wider.
Regarding Melbourne - you need to get over it.

stormbati

Bench
f**king hilarious that people are complaining about five guys jumping on Blair and completely ignoring the piece of shit throwing an uppercut at Lussick who was being held by three or four other Storm players.

f**k Blair, and f**k the Storm.

twigs.
Oh and you missed Hinchcliffe being bashed by other players aswell?
Dopey merkin

firechild

First Grade
christ they all ran in.......had the melbourne players been closer they would have been there first.

let the boys be boys its not netball.

some of you lot need to go take a few deep breaths

Thats the thing. Manly players were at least 20m closer so when everyone started running it was always going to be Manly players arriving first. It's just funny watching the Donkeys and Dragqueens supporters wanting all the players to get suspended so their teams have a chance at winning. It all started with a typical Storm grub act with Hinchcliff putting his elbow into Lussick's jaw. If he didn't do that then there would be nothing here to discuss besides a Manly win.

hutch

First Grade
Blair and Stewart might get suspended for a week, and perhaps a bench player if they got involved. A few people are overreacting I think. Blairs uppercut might get him an extra week, lussick has nothing to worry about! Great viewing though!

seanoff

Juniors
Blair is the biggest grub in the Nrl. Not much sympathy there. Suspect like with Kevin Garnett in the NBA most other guys in the comp will be pretty happy with him copping a pounding.

Storm players coming off the bench, probably the biggest no no in the whole thing. You cannot come off the bench, EVER.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...t-brookvale-oval/story-fn2mcuj6-1226123100844

Manly beat Melbourne Storm 18-4 in round-25 NRL clash at Brookvale Oval
By Steve Jancetic AAP August 26, 2011 9:34PM

Manly beat Melbourne Storm but the 18-4 top-of-the-table victory took a back seat as wild brawls and injuries enthralled a capacity Brookvale Oval crowd in Friday night's NRL blockbuster.

In what felt like a trip back to the 1980s with flying fists, send offs and a jam-packed suburban venue, the Sea Eagles flexed their vast premiership muscle to maintain their unbeaten year on home soil and bring an end to the Storm's 12-game winning run.

But the scoreboard only told part of the story, with Glenn Stewart and Adam Blair in danger of missing some part of the finals after both were sent off as a result of an ugly all-in fight which saw the benches cleared and threatened to spill into the stands.

It started as the pair made their way to the sin bin, in front of a crowd of 20,414, after both came in late to join a fight between Ryan Hinchcliffe and Darcy Lussick.

Stewart walked off after being the first to be binned but Blair soon chased after him when he too was given a spell, the pair exchanging words and then fists before they were joined by every one of their teammates - officials and those players on the bench to all come under investigation with the whole brawl put on report.

That may not be the end of the bad news for the Sea Eagles with Brett Stewart not returning after half-time because of a knee injury, while David Williams was rushed to hospital after play was held up for several minutes when he injured his neck diving in for a first-half try.

In a stunning show of sportsmanship - especially considering what was to transpire soon after - the Storm tacklers cradled Williams sensing there was something serious afoot.

While possible suspensions and injuries may hurt, there's no doubt the Sea Eagles would have walked away confident they can give this premiership a shake, the three tries to one ensuring Manly a top-two finish with one round remaining.

The Sea Eagles opened the scoring in the fifth minute when Jamie Lyon's kick fortuitously found Kieran Foran chasing through to score.

The Sea Eagles continued to dominate but were unable to turn their advantage into points, until Lyon added a penalty for the initial Hinchcliffe-Lussick fight, which had originally been a Melbourne penalty for Lussick's retaliatory hit.

It was changed on video review for a Hinchliffe elbow, the home side regaining composure after the brawl with Tony Williams - replacing namesake David on the right wing - crossing four minutes from half-time.

He added another 17 minutes after the restart to seal the win, before Billy Slater added some respectability to the scoreline with a late try for the Storm.
So that's everyone. Players, physios, club doctors, trainers - the lot.

elbusto

Coach
Thats the thing. Manly players were at least 20m closer so when everyone started running it was always going to be Manly players arriving first. It's just funny watching the Donkeys and Dragqueens supporters wanting all the players to get suspended so their teams have a chance at winning. It all started with a typical Storm grub act with Hinchcliff putting his elbow into Lussick's jaw. If he didn't do that then there would be nothing here to discuss besides a Manly win.
Oh for god's sake the first 5 ran in assaulted one player. If they had run in and simply done not much then you have a case. They didn't. Manly SCUM!

j0nesy

Bench
Blair hitting Lussick when he had his head down and people all over him was a cheap shot. Lussick was bleeding for the rest of the game because of it. Blair the Prick got what he deserved. He was the one who chased Glenn Stewart off aswell. About time a team gave it to the Storm.

Supporters from other teams will be calling for suspensions to bring these two back to the field. Get on with it, a week at most for one or two players.

This about sums it, agreed.

firechild

First Grade
I'm pretty sure the officials that got involved in some way were just trying to stop the bench players from doing anything stupid.

Disco

Bench
Ok i've just watched the reply over and over and over due to the hysteria, as i thought i must have missed something.

All this 5 on 1 nonesense seems way overblown.

People are going crazy at Lussick but i watch the replay and see Lussick who was the 14 rush in with the original manly bunch, they kind of push G Stewart and Blair to the ground and the Lussick jumps up to fend off the oncoming storm players.

Watmough got bundled out of the way.

They only two i saw throwing punches on the ground were G Stewart and Blair.

As for B Stewart, he came in to pull Blair off glenn and pretty much completely missed.

As for those whinging about the uppercut from Blair im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

All in all it was a bit of fun by the lads, leave it on the Field!

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Oh for god's sake the first 5 ran in assaulted one player. If they had run in and simply done not much then you have a case. They didn't. Manly SCUM!

After Blair laid into Lussick who was being held and wasn;t looking I think Lussick was well within his rights to get one back on Blair. Blair is scum of the highest order and he deserves whatever he gets.

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone talking about cheap
Shots from Manly but im sure u all missed the massive f**king cheap shot uppercut from storm.

Both players were standing. It makes a big difference. A guy on the ground with a few 100kg+ guys on him has no protection.

Both on-field refs & the video ref should also miss a few weeks. It was handled disgraceful. How the video ref missed the dog hits is beyond a joke

firechild

First Grade

After Blair laid into Lussick while he was being held I reckon Lussick is well withijn his rights to get one back on him. Blair is scum of the highest order and deserves whatever he gets.

elbusto

Coach
After Blair laid into Lussick who was being held and wasn;t looking I think Lussick was well within his rights to get one back on Blair. Blair is scum of the highest order and he deserves whatever he gets.
Not disputing the original incident mate. Talking about the follow up- third , fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh man in all attacked one player - good luck!