What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I loved the Biffo most fans do - I had no problem Blair vs Stewart and thought neither derved a week off , send off was sufficient - but the problem now will be the 5 manly players who ran in and started laying punches into Blair on the ground . I think Manly will cop it hard whether the NRL takes action on the bench players is another matter - I doubt they will

They will mate.

That shit is not on. There is quite literally a line you do not cross.

Dragon

Coach
What about Blair throwing an uppercut while his mates had hold of lussick? He escalated the whole incident not once but twice

Last edited:

northwest9

Juniors
Bench players were trying to pull manly off Blair, no punches thrown. Nothing to answer to. That's just trying to save a mate from a gang bashing.

Loudstrat

Coach
Funny how some of the Manly & Melbourne supporters were bitching about Gallop attending the game & pondering what sort of disapproving reception he should receive. Then both teams decide to demonstrate to him in person that they are the grubbiest in the comp. So much for the moral outrage.
This.

The two grubbiest sides in the comp. Ironic that the last time 2 blokes were sent off was Brett White and Ben Ross - Melboring v Cronulla, when Smith and one other held Ross while White laid into him.

The incidents in the two brawls that differ from just about any other club:

• Blair's third man in - and the flurry of punched that low dog laid on a man that was held
  • Stewarts "fourth man in" (I didnt see it, but I get the gist what happened)
  • Stewart wandering off slowly waiting to square up - most players just cop it sweet and go
  • Blair sprinting to catch up with him, and then niggle him - this is what flared up the second incident - and I reckon we wont see Blair again this year
  • The Manly players escalating the brawl - kudos to those who ran in to calm it down btw
  • The Melboring players whop ran in to carry it on
  • The benchies for geting involved
Players will be suspended. Clubs will be fined.

And the NRL deserves it for letting these clubs - especially Melbourne - persist with their grub culture. I still remember their stunning whinge when Smith was done for trying to rip Thaiday's head off.

The massive irony is that moments before Melbourne players did their first decent humane act ever on a footy field with the care taken when Wolfman was injured. Didnt take them long to revert to being grubs.

Both will be without key players now. Opens the door for Wests, Brisbane, NZ and maybe the Dragons a bit wider.

Disco

Bench
christ they all ran in.......had the melbourne players been closer they would have been there first.

let the boys be boys its not netball.

some of you lot need to go take a few deep breaths

Parra Pride

Referee
More Manly players should have joined in on beating the cheating merkin, I'm disappointed no one knocked Slater out.

Red Bear

Referee
I think I agree with the general consensus, that Blair vs. Stewart was ok (both players who've deserved a punch in the head for a while really). Manly scumbags jumping in to create a five on one situation, however, was utter shite, not on. Nothing couragous about punching guys on the ground.

Glenn Stewart and Blair will get a while for the brawl, Brett Stewart weeks for the shot on Blair and the rest of the Manly players deserve a week at least.

cleary89

Coach
Thanks, i plan too :)
I hope you enjoy your September as well.

Reminds me of a sledge in my game the other week.

The undefeated team - "what will you be doing in September?"
My mate - "I'm pretty rich, either Mexico or Hawaii"
TUT - "Yeh well we will be playing finals!"

bileduct

Coach
f**king hilarious that people are complaining about five guys jumping on Blair and completely ignoring the piece of shit throwing an uppercut at Lussick who was being held by three or four other Storm players.

f**k Blair, and f**k the Storm.

twigs.

M2D2

Bench
Brilliant thread.
Manly should have so many players out its not funny.
Wonder if NRL will show some balls.

If two players got sin binned for running in to join a blue then didn't that set a precedent for what happened afterwards? They should have binned all but about four players.

Having said that watch the NRL over-react and make this seem worse than it was.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
A lot of Manly's grubbiness comes from having Des Hasler as coach. He was a cheap, grubby cat as a player & that's how he coaches the team. They play like a mob of Kings Cross bouncers.