What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly/Storm fight

LESStar58

Referee
The offence for having more than 13 players on the field in the past has been stripping of competition points - Manly could possibly be looking at that if their players are seen to have entered the field. Melbourne definitely had interchange players enter the field - saw them on the footage. They'll cop a fine for their troubles.

As for suspensions - the NRL is kidding themselves if the following doesn't happen:

Stewarts - both gone (both striking, Glenn possible contrary conduct)
Hinchcliffe (elbow) - possibly a week for striking
Blair - gone (striking, contrary conduct maybe?)
Lussick and Watmough - both maybe one week.

Brett Stewart could be gone anyway with medial ligament tear.

Very little in Hinchcliffes Elbow IMO. Looks worse in slow month.

Lussock is lucky he didn't go on with it. Hinchy would have feckin' pummled him...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Worst fight in history between Stewart and Blair. They tried hard but missed the mark by a mile. Tamati and Dowling need not be concerned about a challenger to their title.

Looked good though.

B. Stewart & Lussick should be nailed to a cross. I had no problem with Lussick going Hinchcliffe, but laying into a bloke when he is down......a disgrace. Belongs on the street at 3.30 in the morning. No honour in what he did regardless of who he did it to. Should get 12 weeks.

I must admit to being aroused by the spite though. Don't see too much excitememnt like that in the sterile world of 2011. I wonder how many mothers will stop their sons playing the game because of that according to the papers this week?

Last edited:

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Unfortunately the do-gooders will whinge and complain and as a result will probably severely harm or completely f##k both teams premiership charges.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Just watched the replay, what a pack of dogs manly are
as far as im concerned, the 5 blokes for manly who streamed in throwing them should all sit 4-5 weeks and i dont think a single storm player, blair aside should be charged

once 5 blokes steam in and start belting someone who is involved in a fair man to man fight, its all fair game for the one blokes team mates.

Disgusting stuff from manly. Weak as piss

elbusto

Coach
Unfortunately the do-gooders will whinge and complain and as a result will probably severely harm or completely f##k both teams premiership charges.
Two players having a punch up. Four players from one Club come in and belt one player? Manly will pay for this. And they deserve to. Manly - SCUM!

ceagle

Bench
Just watched the replay, what a pack of dogs manly are
as far as im concerned, the 5 blokes for manly who streamed in throwing them should all sit 4-5 weeks and i dont think a single storm player, blair aside should be charged

once 5 blokes steam in and start belting someone who is involved in a fair man to man fight, its all fair game for the one blokes team mates.

Disgusting stuff from manly. Weak as piss
Enjoy September

squiddy

Juniors

I loved the Biffo most fans do - I had no problem Blair vs Stewart and thought neither derved a week off , send off was sufficient - but the problem now will be the 5 manly players who ran in and started laying punches into Blair on the ground . I think Manly will cop it hard whether the NRL takes action on the bench players is another matter - I doubt they will

effnic

Bench
Everyone talking about cheap
Shots from Manly but im sure u all missed the massive f**king cheap shot uppercut from storm.

Moffo

Referee
the manly players didn't mind a bit of 5:1 action. me thinks they've done it before

Latest posts