What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei - Coming to your club! (no spoilers)

LESStar58

Referee
Manu was good under the highball tonight. With Inu screwing the pooch so often he'd want to have been!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Said it in the game thread. He isn't a good player. He's a taller Sandow. His deficiencies overshadow his talent.

If Maguire was chasing him I'd quickly reevaluate my opinion of how good a coach he is.

Meth

Staff member
wow. I haven't seen this thread over the last few weeks that he's been playing very well.

But yeah. One of those shockers tonight.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Said it in the game thread. He isn't a good player. He's a taller Sandow. His deficiencies overshadow his talent.

If Maguire was chasing him I'd quickly reevaluate my opinion of how good a coach he is.

Ha yeah, Andrew Everingham is a far better player. Stick with him.

As someone above said, didn't see this thread opened for the last 3-4 weeks, nor in the Anzac Test. Yeah the bloke had a dunce game, he's never going to be Mr Consistency.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
any winger can have a bastard of a game. it happens, ask the dudes at your club, it you have the balls.

sadly for manu, it happened in front of f**kfaces who will not forget.

i'm not a warriors fan who will wank over anything they do, but supporting him is the best. f**k.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He was crapping all over Ryan yesterday until that fateful moment...what I don't know is why this thread isn't updated every week with "did you see Vatuvei run the ball harder and more effectively than any other player on the field last week/did you see Vatuvei turn an innocuous cross-field kick into a try for himself or a teammate/did you see Vatuvei's speed in turning and running down the opposition winger who had a 5m start on him" etc etc. I didn't know players were defined only by their errors....

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He was crapping all over Ryan yesterday until that fateful moment...what I don't know is why this thread isn't updated every week with "did you see Vatuvei run the ball harder and more effectively than any other player on the field last week/did you see Vatuvei turn an innocuous cross-field kick into a try for himself or a teammate/did you see Vatuvei's speed in turning and running down the opposition winger who had a 5m start on him" etc etc. I didn't know players were defined only by their errors....

Preach.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Wouldn't want him in my team, rather a consistent winger who had half the flair of Manu at his best.

Manu is just slightly better than Chris Walker tbh, only difference is the Warriors are much more patient with their players.

gronkathon

First Grade
The way he gets the Warriors rolling every week after kick returns is a big part of what makes them such a good side and allows their pack to be as big and low in agility as it is.

Unfair to compare him to Beau. He did quite a good job on Manu last night but Beau is a 100% effort player so he will usually come out over the top of someone like Manu over the length of a game

Rebel

First Grade
Sooo... he has 3 outstanding games in a row, and nobody bats an eyelid.

He then has one poor half, drops the balls twice, and now this thread gets bumped.

Nice