What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

watatank

Coach
I don't want to see Gaz leave but Lets wait 2 c if Gaz can tackle the storm backline. I hope inglis doesn't play like origin 2 on gaz or we could be in lots of trouble.
I would prefer Gaz leaving than Cooper

And I hope Gasnier plays like Origin 1 on Inglis.

brendothejet

First Grade
Gasnier has turned his back on all of us time and time again.

He's f**ked us around before and now he is doing it again.

The sad thing is it is the people who put the wallets, their pride, and their time into the game every week who will lose.

Doust will keep his job, gaz will go play nice person ball in union and make a fortune.

I'm disgusted at the whole saga. From the stupid contract, the failed payments, the letting go of Josh Morris, the long drawn out process.

Gasnier could have gone down as one of the greatest, instead for my mind he will go down as a bloke who ws plagued with injury, never won the NRL and failed to complete an entire season, going in the prime years of his life to play a second rate brand of football.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Seriously guys. Listening to what Gaz said yesterday he loves the club and anything associated with it including the fans. He did all he can to stay even stayed an extra 12 months longer to get this resolved. In the end the NRL let him down. He got ripped off a lot of cash. Why is he any different to any of us. If we were ripped off $100 we would be filthy, imagine being ripped of more than 200k. He was ripped off 6 months after the contract was signed and risked staying longer which resulted in him losing more cash in the hoe this will be resolved and he would remain a Dragon. Unfortunately it wasn’t. He is standing up to the NRL and by leaving the club is helping other players not go through the same as he did in future.

In his press conference he said how much he loved the club and how he want to stay all his life. He did not have to say that. He obviously wanted to say that, as that is how he feels.

By bagging Gaz you gain nothing. Not only Gaz but the players (which are his mates) will only get pi$$ed off and their performance will drop. If your mate was getting bagged during a game by a huge group of supporters you would be angry as well so think about the rest of the players before you do anything stupid.

With 8 games to go and the Dragons in 5th place 3 wins ahead of Souths who are 13th they can't afford to lose games. By showing support, Gaz and the boys will fire up and let him go out on a high. We not only lose Gaz but Ryles at seasons end so it would be good for them to go out on a high. They have been great players for the Dragons and deserve to go out on a high.

If the NRL change their rules for salary cap which enables players not to be ripped off Gaz may return. By bagging the guy if he does return it could be for some other side and that would be sad like Baz did.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Booing is only gonna make matters worse.

That being said... people have the right to voice their disgust, right or wrong.

Ribs

Bench
As I said before, I'll reserve judgement until after Monday night given:

1) The decision is done
2) This is now his final year
3) Inglis handed him his arse in Origin II
4) He was disgraceful against the Raiders
5) Captain, Melbourne, coming off a bad loss.

Lets see what he's got.

Syren

Juniors

1) The decision is done

Lets see what he's got.

Good point.

Cooper-Man

Bench
I wont boo him. I dont care what anyone says, WE CANT REPLACE GAZ. People who turn their backs on him are not true. He is still our captain and best player.

Kiki

First Grade

1) The decision is done

Lets see what he's got.

agreed.

he's already not the person i thought he was so its gonna be interesting to see the effort he puts in for the rest of the season.

shredda84

Juniors
best player my disgustingly hairy arse,u dont no nothing. he doesnt compare to a real clubman ie ben hornby.
gasnier is a great attacking centre and i will miss him but he cant defend for sh*t and costs us way too much.
if he wants to leave and earn more money playing sh*tty union and turn his back on the club that made him than he can f**k right off!
he better have a go this year!!!
and to all those people bagging dean yound,just wait another few weeks ,i thought he had found his feet but the last 2 weeks hes been shocking. dean young is a quality player and just needs to continue to work hard and find his feet.

DragonLady

Juniors
Seriously guys. Listening to what Gaz said yesterday he loves the club and anything associated with it including the fans. He did all he can to stay even stayed an extra 12 months longer to get this resolved. In the end the NRL let him down. He got ripped off a lot of cash. Why is he any different to any of us. If we were ripped off $100 we would be filthy, imagine being ripped of more than 200k. He was ripped off 6 months after the contract was signed and risked staying longer which resulted in him losing more cash in the hoe this will be resolved and he would remain a Dragon. Unfortunately it wasn’t. He is standing up to the NRL and by leaving the club is helping other players not go through the same as he did in future.

In his press conference he said how much he loved the club and how he want to stay all his life. He did not have to say that. He obviously wanted to say that, as that is how he feels.

By bagging Gaz you gain nothing. Not only Gaz but the players (which are his mates) will only get pi$$ed off and their performance will drop. If your mate was getting bagged during a game by a huge group of supporters you would be angry as well so think about the rest of the players before you do anything stupid.

With 8 games to go and the Dragons in 5th place 3 wins ahead of Souths who are 13th they can't afford to lose games. By showing support, Gaz and the boys will fire up and let him go out on a high. We not only lose Gaz but Ryles at seasons end so it would be good for them to go out on a high. They have been great players for the Dragons and deserve to go out on a high.

If the NRL change their rules for salary cap which enables players not to be ripped off Gaz may return. By bagging the guy if he does return it could be for some other side and that would be sad like Baz did.

Have to agree here, just support the players, all the players.

Cooper-Man

Bench
You will be missed greatly by myself and many others.

We only have a short time left to watch your brilliance on the field and I hope you go out there on monday night and absolutly kill them. You are our captain for the rest of the season and many of us want you to lead this 08 team to something special.

I really wish you can prove all your critics wrong and shut them up because only once you have gone will they realise what you were truly worth to the mighty Red V.

I will be making a banner for you and hope your magic returns for the remainder of the season.

As for the rest of the team. Its in your hands. FIRE THE f**k UP. Lets get out of second gear and finnaly put the nails in the coffin.

Saints supporters....................STAND TALL AND BE HEARD. Gaz is going, lets fire up for the rest of the season. We are the dark horse and we can be a threat to this competition.

I would hate for this thread to be turned into a negative thing. Come on saints supporters lets support the boys for the rest of the season. :crazy:

Mr Red

First Grade
this will be a true test of the character of Mark Gasnier..
he has 2 options:
1 - stand up and play his heart out and lead us to the finals. come out and smash someone in defense and fire up the boys
2 - go into self preservation mode and start planning his holidays in europe.

will be interesting to see how he plays now that a decision has been made.

Ribs

Bench
Hmmm. If Josh fulfills his potential, I think we'll be shaking our heads for the next three years.

Latest posts