What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

sass

Juniors
that's the worst thing about the whole gaz dramz - that it's stopped the dragons holding onto josh morris. not just because he might be amazing for a team that isn't st george, but because how can either the drags or the bulldogs play either brett or josh morris with other players in a way that will work anywhere near as well as the two of them playing together?

you just can't replicate the kind of bond that twins have ... so if anything everyone who watches league will be missing out on seeing the two of them turn into great rugby league players together. I love watching those two boys play.

Mong

Post Whore
Why so bitter Calixte?

Who would knock back that kind of money?

How loyal would you be to your employer if you were given a really massive offer somewhere else?

redvscotty

First Grade
people seemt o forget the kind of money he was on. my family make do on what we earn. its all a part of living within your means. if you have a comfortable amount, but feel you need more money, because you dont have a blue labaren, then you are greedy as f**k.

im not saying i wouldnt take a pay rise if offered one by a rival company, but at the end of the day its not just about money, its about being happy where you are and the conditions you are working in. I have knocked back job offers that paid more, because i was working for a boss i could trust and who looked after his workers.

i forgot what my point was.

Kiki

First Grade
Brett is off contract next year, he might like to join his brother at the bulldogs come 2010.

GAH! get ur hands off him!

slippery has every right to be pissed off and thats what upsets me the most about this whole drama. i really am absoultely devo that my twinsies are being separated. this is going in my blog for sure *shakes fist*

Kiki

First Grade
i would go with au revoir gaz. ill be glad to see the back of him to be honest.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It will be like Peter Wynne and Grahame Wynne. They will get on with it and play their best.

Josh should try and get out of it though. I am sure if he tried he would. He should have put in a clause.

Chase Stanley will be good though. He is only young and will develope into a top player.

Calixte

First Grade
Why so bitter Calixte?

Who would knock back that kind of money?

How loyal would you be to your employer if you were given a really massive offer somewhere else?

Stalker. Crawl back to TFC... :lol:

But given we aren't there, I will treat you with respect, Mong. Briefly.

I am not bitter, it is pretty firmly tongue in cheek.

As I have said, I don't really care if Gasnier goes to French union or otherwise. I never really thought that much of him as a player.

He was a good centre, with excellent footwork. But he had a tendency to hog the football at times which is the antithesis of a great centre. You need look no further than his uncle for a supreme example of that unselfish genius that the very best centres have had.

Any issue I have with the whole subject is the complete lack of knowledge people have regarding the history of the rugby codes in France.

If people like Gasnier and the public were more aware of the hideous treatment rugby league has (and continues to receive) at the hands of union in France, there would not be the current atmosphere of geniality when a rugby league player accepted the dosh to go.

It should be pointed out to them that by doing so they are aiding and abetting a code that tried to kill off rugby league in that country. If they still go, well, there can be no doubt at all about the motivation or, in my view, their character...

Kiki

First Grade
i want josh to try and get out of it too. if steve turner and luke lewis can get out of their deals, surely joshie can too?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's not only Gaz leaving this year who has bean a great servant by Ryles as well. He deserves to go out on a good note as much as Gaz.

Ryles has been excellent this year. It's his best season by far.

Hope the Dragons can send these guys off with a premiership as they deserve to win one.

Smartman

Juniors
i want josh to try and get out of it too. if steve turner and luke lewis can get out of their deals, surely joshie can too?

He's gone, ditto, vamoos. He will be in the blue and white and is looking forward to playing for Canterbury. :cool:

Brett has more chance of joining the dogs than for Josh to renege on his deal.

Kiki

First Grade
if by 'looking forward' you mean 'dreading' then yeh...hes lookin forward to it.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
He's gone, ditto, vamoos. He will be in the blue and white and is looking forward to playing for Canterbury. :cool:

Brett has more chance of joining the dogs than for Josh to renege on his deal.
not there dad has anything to do with it, josh will be back dont worry

Latest posts