What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

Dog-E

Juniors
parra_princess said:
if Barrett had any brains he would have stayed on the floor, milked the penalty for St George and instead got momentum for St George. Instead, he gets up and king hits Marsh from behind. the way Barrett carried on was just rediculous.

BINGO!!

He was a dumbarse!..>That was game set 'n match when Parra took advantage & scored just after that!

Braith Anasta showed how to react to that kind of stuff on Wed when he completely ignored Mick Crocker's repeated attempts to get him to throw trhe first punch in a brawl!...A punch that could have cost him dearly!!

But Braith was FARRR too clever for that geniused animal - just stuck to his job - and his team WON!...Best.....reply....POSSIBLE! :D

Trent Barrett however - Saints CAPTAIN no less - should have known BETTER!...Like i said - dumbarse!, and I'm SURE if he had his time over - he wouldn't do that same thing!...Even if he won't apologise!

Or he'd at least make sure he got a DECENT punch in!! Marsh is just lucky being hit by a Trent Barrett punch - is like being slapped with a wet piece of bread! :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
Immortal said:
Softcocks

Gee, I wonder what I'd do if someone came sprinting at me with the forearms, hitting me on the chin?

Hmm

Fall down like a sack of sh*t i'm guessing....??

:lol:

Stranger

Coach
Glenn can you find these other angles if so put em up if not shut up about em.

To a real footballer if you can get up you do... Barrett did the wrong thing when he got up granted but most players would have done the same thing.

ozbash

Referee
gee, you lot should watch synchronised swimming instead of league.

its a contact sport, tempers will flare, part of the game and a great part too.

go watch the tour de france if you cant handle it.

Dog-E

Juniors
Stranger said:

To a real footballer if you can get up you do... Barrett did the wrong thing when he got up granted but most players would have done the same thing.

That's it...PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!!...We learn that in the u 6's!!

U wanna do something - make the tackel, then go complain to the ref in your role as CAPTAIN at the next beak in play!!...Don't get up and take your eyes off the ball!

Dumbarse!

Glenn

First Grade
Stranger said:

Why shut up about what more than 20,000 people at the game could see.

Just going to call channel nine to get all the angles :rolleyes:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Glenn said:

just tell them to put on a replay as Stranger requests more angles. They'll surely oblige.

mickdo

Coach
Glenn said:

The judiciary charges on Monday will tell you the story. We probably didn't get to see all the angles 9 had available, but the review comittee will. We shall see.

Stranger

Coach
Dog-E said:
That's it...PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!!...We learn that in the u 6's!!

Bingo and thats the main reason this has got so much attention! You dont lie down and you dont get up and fight.
You get up play footy and talk to the ref. He obviously wasnt injured so he should have played on.

So we are going to hear about all these angles but never see them? sounds like a great arguement to me...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Stranger said:
So we are going to hear about all these angles but never see them? sounds like a great arguement to me...

flick on Fox Sports and watch the replay.

Maybe then you'll quit you're crying.

Stranger

Coach
:lol: You presume we all have Fox Sports? and whys that?

Bottom line is Marsh had no intention in the charge down which is show by the way he game flying in at barrett and not at the ball. His arms were raised and he made contact with barretts head and chest. With the position of his arms infront of his face he would have even been lucky to see the ball.
Barrett acted like a bitch and cost his team a try and more than likely the game in that incident alone.

Stranger

Coach
I told him to shut up or find the gifs and put em up... i never said he had to use a capture card... for all you know they are on the net ATM.

mickdo

Coach
Stranger said:
Bottom line is Marsh had no intention in the charge down which is show by the way he game flying in at barrett and not at the ball. His arms were raised and he made contact with barretts head and chest. With the position of his arms infront of his face he would have even been lucky to see the ball.
What the hell does any of that matter? He doesn't have to go for the ball. He is perfectly entitled - as is every other player on the field - to try and put a hit on the kicker. It's called body contact, and last time I looked RL was a body contact sport. His arms were raised, just like every other player who puts a hit on! You either use your shoulder or your arms... wtf else is there? If you lead with you knees or your feet you get penalised :rolleyes:

Dog-E

Juniors
Stranger said:
There wouldnt be a man in the NRL that wouldnt get up swinging from that shot.

Difference IS though....9 out of 10 of them would have been 'decent' enough to at least give PJ a shove first -

"Come on u **** - what was THAT abaout!?...Let's GO!"rather than start slapping madly from his blindside...

Actions like Barrett's however, receive NO respect from other players - believe me!