What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

parra_princess

Juniors
Honestly, how was it possible for Marsh to pull out of a charge down. There was no intention of him going for Barretts head, it's unfortunate it ended that way and this incident has taken the gloss of an otherwise good game from Parramatta.

Immortal your opinion is slightly clouded by the support of your team too don't you think? The Knife cuts both ways.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Immortal said:
Dry your eyes princess. Look at the pics, you clearly see his fist hit his chin. Or was it neuro defect that his head snaped back?

Don't go blind from your support

You're the one crying.

Fist hit his chin :lol:

Stranger

Coach
As far as im concerned Marsh was not going for the ball at all and was aimed at taking out Barrett... who goes into a charge down with their freakin elbows raised?

God-King Dean

Immortal
You're right princess, to a degree

I don't think he aimed for his head but he certainly wasn't going for the ball, & hit him on the chin
Barrett did what most would & got up swinging

parra_princess

Juniors
Stranger said:
As far as im concerned Marsh was not going for the ball at all and was aimed at taking out Barrett... who goes into a charge down with their freakin elbows raised?

Not meaning to sound like someone from South Central, but dude were you Trippin.?

I don't think he aimed for his head but he certainly wasn't going for the ball, & hit him on the chin

I can understand Barretts reaction because obviously if you believe someone was trying to take your head off then you react accordingly. I just would have expected Barrett to control himself and possibly try and get a penalty out of it for the Dragons. Anyway, just disappointed it's getting the incident is getting this much attention.

Glenn

First Grade
Stranger said:

How is a elbow pointing down, raised??????

It was the FOREARM that hit Barrett, you are allowed to protect yourself going for a chargedown, do you want the arms tied by the side of the player going for the charge down

Glenn

First Grade
And it was a fine line, that could have easily gone wrong..but there was nothing in it. IF PJ caught Barrett with a forearm/elbow as suggsted, somehow don't think Barrett would have gotten up that quick and hit a person not looking

Stranger

Coach
parra_princess said:
Not meaning to sound like someone from South Central, but dude were you Trippin.?

I can understand Barretts reaction because obviously if you believe someone was trying to take your head off then you react accordingly. I just would have expected Barrett to control himself and possibly try and get a penalty out of it for the Dragons. Anyway, just disappointed it's getting the incident is getting this much attention.
Trippin? ROFL You for one have never played footy ask anybody here who has played footy when someone is comming at you with the ELBOWS AND IT WAS HIS ELBOWS you react to it.
There wouldnt be a man in the NRL that wouldnt get up swinging from that shot.
There is no way he was going for a charge down he was aimed at hitting barrett which is obvious cause were is the ball? and where did marsh hit Barrett?
Just have a little looksie at the gif that Saint_60 if marsh was a bigger man we would have seen a similar shot to clint newton.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I still maintain THERE WAS NO DIRECT CONTACT TO THE HEAD. If anything, Marsh's elbow hit Barrett's shoulder and from there, hit his head. U see that plenty of times in EVERY GAME. At no stage was there ever any hint of a RAISED ELBOW.

sunny

i didn't see much wrong with the incident, but the aftermath was good. At least there were some decent punches thrown, unlike most of the pushing and shoving stuff pansy stuff you see these days.

It's funny isn't it- all the higher-ups and so on decry brawling and say how it has no place in the game, is bad example for kids, etc. but there's still nothing that gets the crowd into the game like a stink.

Saint 60

Juniors
Glenn said:
Why is it Saints supporters are trying to use the same angle :rolleyes:

Strange that they don't show all the other angles that show minimal (if any) contact to the head.

One angle doesn't tell the whole story

hahaha yeah right...im going on whats on the camera, and what Marsh said happened..*I hit his Chest*
Saints supporter or not...
This thread is about what a Saints player did..so Saints supporters would have an imput..sorry if i offended with the facts lol Ill try and b more like Marsh in the future lol

Glenn

First Grade
What a load of crap..that is a completely different angle as to what was shown on the video screen (assuming the view the video ref had that view as well)

I guess Saints supporters have to try and justify the Cat hitting a player from behind

Stranger

Coach
Yeah its a load of crap... someone edited that footage! Mods can you remove that gif ask gelnn its been tampered with!

El Diablo

Post Whore
That crappy gif is one made up of a few stills that were posted in this thread.

tiburon said:
Can you get something better? Rather than a .gif missing frames all over the place.

Igor said:
No, I just put that together from the images posted in this thread. I dont have access to anything else.

The slow mo replays last night showed it hitting his chest.

Glenn

First Grade
As I have said before, but will say again...There is more than one angle, what has been shown ad nauseum on here, is not what was shown in replays last night at the game (I am assuming the Mick Stone, saw this angle being shown on here as well)