What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

NPK

Bench
Lenny_2212 said:
here is the point of contact. the right forearm clearly connects with the chin.

barrett7.jpg
The first contact was with Barrett's arm.
barrett6.jpg

And no, he did not clearly hit his chin. He may have, but that photo does not show it conclusively.

El Diablo

Post Whore
hitman82 said:
Okay since you have taken me incorrectly... Marsh's elbow -clearly- hits the point of Barret's chin. I don't care how Hard it hit, but it definitely did. As for being knocked out, what a load of sh*t. You don't need to get knocked out for it to have connected.

given the pace he was going if he hit him "flush" on the chin with an elbow or forearm he WOULD'VE been knocked out.

hitman82

Bench
I'm not disputing that Barret acted like a cat, just pointing out that Marsh did hit him high, on purpose or not.
Barret looks like the devil himself in his reaction stills... could you get a more twisted in rage expression. What an angry bastard.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
El Diablo said:
given the pace he was going if he hit him "flush" on the chin with an elbow or forearm he WOULD'VE been knocked out.

not necessarily. just because he copped a hit to the chin, doesnt mean he'd have been knocked out. obviously he wasnt. at the end of the day, like i have said over and over again, barrett reacted upon circumstance. he felt contact with the chin, and wasnt happy at all.

skeepe

Immortal
Immortal said:
Wake up to your skeepe you sook

How is Marsh 'tackling' style different from what Hoppa did?

Neither will get suspended

Evereyone can sit there & be keyboard heroes all they want

LOL, & I bet if it were the other way around people will still put the blame on Barrett, ebing a glorified pretty boy & all

If you disagree, please explain to me the difference between hitting a guy in the head while he's not looking, which is what Williams did, and hitting a guy in the head while he's not looking, which is what Barrett did.

There is no difference. It's indefensible.

hitman82

Bench
The top photo looks pretty conclusive to me.
Okay, my bad terminology. He may have only glanced the chin. Either way, he hit it.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
hitman82 said:
The top photo looks pretty conclusive to me.
Okay, my bad terminology. He may have only glanced the chin. Either way, he hit it.

and that is what barrett reacted upon.

God-King Dean

Immortal
skeepe said:
If you disagree, please explain to me the difference between hitting a guy in the head while he's not looking, which is what Williams did, and hitting a guy in the head while he's not looking, which is what Barrett did.

There is no difference. It's indefensible.

I never defended it. But I find it amusing that you see it as Danny Williams, when Hopeate came in nearly the same way Hopoate did, yet there no mention of that

El Diablo

Post Whore
Immortal said:
I never defended it. But I find it amusing that you see it as Danny Williams, when Hopeate came in nearly the same way Hopoate did, yet there no mention of that

huh :?

choc_soldier

Coach
I will merely echo what has already been said countless times in this forum about the incident...

BARRETT IS A CAT!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Softcocks

Gee, I wonder what I'd do if someone came sprinting at me with the forearms, hitting me on the chin?

Hmm

parra_princess

Juniors
Barrett was pissed off from kick off.

PJ Marsh obviously went to charge down the kick. You can look at it if he was there half a second earlier, he would have successfully charged it down as he would have made contact with the ball.

Marsh didn't go high at all. And if Barrett had any brains he would have stayed on the floor, milked the penalty for St George and instead got momentum for St George. Instead, he gets up and king hits Marsh from behind. Look I've got a lot of time for Dragons fans and I say it frequently that they are more knowledgable in the league but the way Barrett carried on was just rediculous.

But as both players involved have said, this sort of thing happens and you just leave it on the field. Besides Barrett was booed everytime he touched the ball and at one point in the game there was a very loud "Barretts a wanker" chant going.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dry your eyes princess. Look at the pics, you clearly see his fist hit his chin. Or was it neuro defect that his head snaped back?

Don't go blind from your support