What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Eel News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:
Interesting that Mateo got a 3 year deal as I recall that we don't do that anymore (after the Dykes saga). They must really rate his potential.

I think you'll find that there's a few 3 year deals amongst the boys..

Kornstar

Coach
Blake is one of my favs, i feel he should leave though because he aint going to get ahead of Finchy and he shouldn't be held back any longer.

Kris is the better option because he doesn't need to play first grade at the moment, Blake does, therefore when Finch's contract is up at the end of next year, unless he wins us a GF, Kris will be waiting in the wings at the ripe old age of 20 to partner Tim and they can bring us home a Premiership!!!!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
maybe manly were offering a 3 year deal as well and he wanted a 3 year deal, im sure they would of been happy to give him a 3 year deal if that was the only thing stopping him from signing

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
23/05/2007 at 10:12:40 AM | Updated: 23/05/2007 at 11:35:53 AM
Eels re-sign Smith
The Parramatta Eels have today announced the signing of a host of key players, including halfback Tim Smith and boom backrower Feleti Mateo.

Smith has agreed to a new two year deal with the club while Mateo will stay on board until the end of season 2010.

Also putting pen to paper were prop Josh Cordoba (08, 09), hooker Matt Keating (08, 09) and lock Daniel Wagon (2008).

Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says it is a tremendous day for the club.

"When players commit like this it shows great faith in our coaching staff and playing roster. They are popular players with the supporters and are a great base to build the Club on for years to come," Mr Fitzgerald said.

"I'm particularly pleased with the retention of Feleti as I am aware of how keenly sought after he was on the open market, especially with one particular Club," Mr Fitzgerald added.

Head Coach Michael Hagan says it is great news for the club.

"I am thrilled with these signings and am delighted I will be working with these players in the coming years" said Hagan.

"It shows how much they want to be a part of what we are doing and their retention gives us all a boost".

rugbyleaguelive.com

Im very very happy. nuff said. :D

Blake :(

lockyno1

Post Whore
Guys, well done and honestly I am wrapped. Great to see local juniors signed up for long deals.

Quick question..can Blake Green play halfback?

Well thats the best news I've heard since my son was born 3 weeks ago today, and he'll be happy to I bought him a eels jump suit on sunday!

theicemandanno

Juniors
Great news all around.

We have the Nucleus of a formidable team for the next few seasons.

Hayne, Grothe, T.Smith, Mateo, N.Hindmarsh, FFMM, Caylo, Riddell, Finch.

Throw in a contract extension to INU,

Groom LETT, KEATING, CORDOBA, FA'AOSO, LOWRIE

Looks promising....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
Great day for the Parramatta club!!!

on a more sour note, Blake isn't looking flash to be with us next year I'm told..

we just resigned Kris K last year so thats not to sour for me

never thought we could keep Kris, Timmy and Blake

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Guys, well done and honestly I am wrapped. Great to see local juniors signed up for long deals.

Quick question..can Blake Green play halfback?

yeah, probably better than 5/8

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
we just resigned Kris K so thats not to sour for me

never thought we could keep Kris, Timmy and Blake

as far as I'm aware we've signed Matt but not Kris yet, but Kris is looking promising.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
as far as I'm aware we've signed Matt but not Kris yet, but Kris is looking promising.

I thought we resinged him last your for a couple of years

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
Great day for the Parramatta club!!!

on a more sour note, Blake isn't looking flash to be with us next year I'm told..

I assume PJ is in the same boat, ie. looking like he'll be released for 2008?

Also, is Hayne in the same position as Inu, ie. signed for 2008 and needs to be extended sooner rather than later?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
I assume PJ is in the same boat, ie. looking like he'll be released for 2008?

Also, is Hayne in the same position as Inu, ie. signed for 2008 and needs to be extended sooner rather than later?

yes, INU and Hayne are off at the end of 08.